• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why is luggage so expensive

snowbunny

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for a wheeled pullman...larger than a carry on but not massive.

I have a wheeled, very large LLBean duffel, but the thing falls over unless you prop it against yourself. I went over to the Bean outlet today and there was a nice bag like what I want - $165, original price was $229.

I left it there, that still seems so expensive. Lands End website - same type of prices. Any recommendations for a place to get a good suitcase? My wheeled carry on is a Delsey that I bought 15 years ago, it's a great bag.

have you tried the thrift store? My mom and i just found some great luggage in great shape for under $20. And I'm talking about them being almost brand new. We got 2 that were part of a set.

Have you tried TJ Maxx or Marshall's? You have to hit it just right and the colors aren't always what you might want, but we have purchased all new luggage from there over the course of the last 5 years.

I buy a LOT of luggage for my business - a party plan, I carry inventory - and I typically will either purchase it inexpensively at Target or at Kohls. The bags get put through a lot (think up and down stairs, in and out of the car about 3x a week) and right now, they have lasted me for over 2 years. Typical average use would probably make them a lifetime ;)

It is expensive because you need it...
Sears watch for 50% off... or it will be next week...
or Traget rarely on sale but decent prices for a decent bag
it all gets destroyed after a few years anyway
unless you bubble wrap it before checking it :lmao:

I tend to go the other way. All the inexpensive luggage I've ever owned has let me down (ripped, lost a wheel or handle, etc). I now own about every size bag made and I buy the mid-range ones (not bargain, not top of the line). They take a beating! Try ebags (I love them!), you can usually find a coupon by googling ebags coupons or at mouse savers. I've also gotten a couple of pieces from smart bargains at quite a deal. You may have to get odd colors, but there are bargains to be had on quality luggage.

Thanks for all the ideas! I went with the ebags suggestion, googled for codes and got $10 off plus free shipping on a 25" Delsey Helium Lite 100 expandable rolling bag...$69. That's more like it :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter