• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why is it so hard?

DisCamper

Just waiting for the next WDW trip
Why is it so hard to find food on property after 10 p.m.????? Some of the parks are open sometimes until 2 a.m. yet there is no food to be found after leaving the park. Now, we've only been here a couple of days (;)) but this is what we are finding. OK, yeah we could cook at the RV... but who wants to do that? It would be nice to find a quick bite to eat b4 bed. We've been to MK for xtra magical hours and all shops and restraunts close @ 10. :confused::confused: Oh, but the park is still open really late.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? :)

This is actually one of DH's biggest complaints going back to our first stay at BC in 2000.

PM EMH is a pet peeve of mine. We do them a lot and food options after "park close" are usually limited to pizza and burgers/dogs. We've found EP to be the worst, and really, shouldn't they have the *most* food options? Whenever we've been there late for EMH the only food to be had was the bakery in Norway and Mexico (school bread it is!)

Even the hard ticket parties at MK are short on food options. They leave Cosmic Rays open, but shut everything but the burger bay.

Short of heading to DTD, there just aren't a lot of late night munchies options. :confused3

I like to throw something in the crock pot before heading to the parks, so it's there when we get back and we don't have to cook! Roast beef for sandwiches, chicken, chili, stew, lasagna, sausage and saurkraut, etc. :)

I really do need to start packing the crockpot. I know DH would make me plug it in outside (he's paranoid about leaving anything plugged in with the dogs in the TT) but that would be fine. I'll just be sure to leave some bowls and spoons out for anyone that's looping by and needs a snack... :laughing:

I have found that there is always somebody eating something most times of the night.

I remember last year we did EMH at DHS and all we could find was a turkey leg. I was really disappointed because it really sucked. Unless you have a ADR you're messed up.

I remember last year we did EMH at DHS and all we could find was a turkey leg. I was really disappointed because it really sucked. Unless you have a ADR you're messed up.

Call me crazy but I dont think any of us are missing too many meals (me included) :lmao:

The Grand Floridian used to have a counter service that was open 24 hrs but not sure if it still is. Wilderness Lodge counter service used to stay open pretty late to.

Call me crazy but I dont think any of us are missing too many meals (me included) :lmao:

You got that right brotha. I try to keep some snacks at the camper in case we're hungry after a park. It really surprises me Disney doesn't have a counter service at the fort due to the fact they don't want you leaving their property with a cent in your pocket.

Just got back to Old Key West about 20 min ago and saw a Papa John's delivery guy leaving! Didn't know they'd deliver out here. Wonder if they would to FW?

This has ALWAYS been a pet peeve of mine since way back in the 70's. I guess Disney doesn't think people get hungry after 10pm. If we're going to be in the parks late, I take snacks and some individual Crystal Lite packs w/water bottles.

A few nights ago we got in trouble at the Wilderness Lodge just trying to find food. It was about 11:18 p.m. We walked back to the cart only to be greeted by Disney popo and another one on the way.They were strip searching my poor (private) cart.We had to wait for the Security duty mgr. to show before they would release my cart to me! When he did show up, he asked "what did they do wrong?" The first guy said..."nothing...they were just looking for food!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter