Why is everyone so concerned with the new Poly tower

Do we know for sure there will be studios offered in the new tower? IF it ends up being part of Poly1, they could just build it with one, two, and three bedroom villas - as well as a handful of "tower studios."

Let me rephrase my point. If I didn’t own Poly1 and was considering buying Poly2 would I be better off availability wise if Poly2 was separate.

Let me rephrase my point. If I didn’t own Poly1 and was considering buying Poly2 would I be better off availability wise if Poly2 was separate.
That would depend on what you typically book. If you usually book studios, I imagine that having PVB included with Poly2 would give you an increased chance of getting one, although it might be in a longhouse instead of the tower. But that's only because PVB has a lot of studios to bring to the mix. If you typically book 1-or 2-bedroom villas, then having Poly2 as a part of PVB is going to decrease your chances.

I might argue that if you typically book studios you would also be better off with them separate because Poly 1 is all studios (and bungalows, though I doubt many people own poly points exclusively to stay at the bungalows). You would just buy Poly resale instead of Poly 2 direct in that case.

I might argue that if you typically book studios you would also be better off with them separate because Poly 1 is all studios (and bungalows, though I doubt many people own poly points exclusively to stay at the bungalows). You would just buy Poly resale instead of Poly 2 direct in that case.
As far as 11-month availability for the longhouses is concerned, I agree that buying PVB alone (direct if you have FOMO and want to be able to book Poly2 at 7 months) would have more studio availability than Poly2 alone.

But the PP specifically asked about availability if PVB and Poly2 were under one association vs. separate associations should they decide to buy Poly2. If they're separate associations, then studio availability for a Poly2 owner will be limited to Poly2 studio inventory at 11 months. If they were under one condo association, the inventory expands to include the PVB studios.

I wonder if Poly 2 buyers will be more likely than the average buyer to book larger rooms. Anyone who wanted studios and liked the Poly location could have bought Poly before Poly 2 was announced. I don’t have any particular insights here, just pondering after a long day at work.

Yes... as a poly 1 owner I enjoy how easy it is to book a studio. We also own at CC and learned quickly that a studio in the fall/winter was not easy to book.

I wonder if Poly 2 buyers will be more likely than the average buyer to book larger rooms. Anyone who wanted studios and liked the Poly location could have bought Poly before Poly 2 was announced. I don’t have any particular insights here, just pondering after a long day at work.

Given that Poly studios tend to be available most of the year at 7 months, it leads me to believe that at least some owners trade out potentially for larger rooms.

I think that is why if they do make it a new association, Poly tower owners would have the best of both worlds.

We just passed ROFR on day 20 for our Poly contract. Disney must really not want any Poly 1 points in their bank. Haha

I think this is something to watch. While Poly take backs were few and far between, if we see quick turn around for passing on them, it could indicate they don’t want or need more of those.

Congratulations!

We just passed ROFR on day 20 for our Poly contract. Disney must really not want any Poly 1 points in their bank. Haha
@Tech4444 Congratulations!
I think this is something to watch. While Poly take backs were few and far between, if we see quick turn around for passing on them, it could indicate they don’t want or need more of those.

Congratulations!
@Sandisw Is this a good thing or bad? Does this mean that Poly 2 is more likely to be its own association?

@Tech4444 Congratulations!

@Sandisw Is this a good thing or bad? Does this mean that Poly 2 is more likely to be its own association?

IMO, yes, I really believe that it is going to be a new one and what DVD might be doing now is finding ways to figure out pricing that allows strong sales but at the same time keep long term goals of new resorts that are restricted from resale.

IMO, yes, I really believe that it is going to be a new one and what DVD might be doing now is finding ways to figure out pricing that allows strong sales but at the same time keep long term goals of new resorts that are restricted from resale.
Thank you for the update!

Do we know for sure there will be studios offered in the new tower? IF it ends up being part of Poly1, they could just build it with one, two, and three bedroom villas - as well as a handful of "tower studios."

Except many two bedrooms are likely to have a Studio+1BR configuration to them. I think the largest mix of lock-off vs dedicated like 60% dedicated at an specific WDW resort.

Yes, @Sandisw, I agree this is an important. Because ROFR is continuing. On the usual suspects, but also at crazy high BLT pricing. Np buybacks at Poly1 does indicate the same association IMO. DVC would want Poly1 points up their sleeves if they have to explain a whole new association in every pitch.

Yes, @Sandisw, I agree this is an important. Because ROFR is continuing. On the usual suspects, but also at crazy high BLT pricing. Np buybacks at Poly1 does indicate the same association IMO. DVC would want Poly1 points up their sleeves if they have to explain a whole new association in every pitch.
Actually, I think the opposite. I think not taking Poly points means it’s likely they don’t want or need them because Poly tower will be new and it will mean that people who want access to it need direct points, not just Poly resale.

Actually, I think the opposite. I think not taking Poly points means it’s likely they don’t want or need them because Poly tower will be new and it will mean that people who want access to it need direct points, not just Poly resale.
I still don't think it tells us much.... it could be argued either way....

If different associations then they'll want to sell Poly2 and don't need a lot of Poly1 points to offer people...

If it is the same association, then they'll still just want to sell Poly2 since the points will work at both resorts... it won't matter whether they sell you Poly1 or Poly2 since the points work the same at both. They still wouldn't need Poly1 points.

I agree as someone said above, the incentives on Riviera are interesting and I wonder if they are trying to figure out if a "good" price helps people over look resale restrictions. I also still question how important resale restrictions are to the majority of buyers.

I still don't think it tells us much.... it could be argued either way....

If different associations then they'll want to sell Poly2 and don't need a lot of Poly1 points to offer people...

If it is the same association, then they'll still just want to sell Poly2 since the points will work at both resorts... it won't matter whether they sell you Poly1 or Poly2 since the points work the same at both. They still wouldn't need Poly1 points.

I agree as someone said above, the incentives on Riviera are interesting and I wonder if they are trying to figure out if a "good" price helps people over look resale restrictions. I also still question how important resale restrictions are to the majority of buyers.

With VGF, they are only selling points deeded to the new building right now and not any deeded to the current VGF building, so I don’t think they need Poly 1 points, regardless of how it goes.

It is way too early, that I agree with, but watching what happens with Poly resale points could lead to a more defined answer before any offical announcement.

Honestly, I am surprised at the increased incentives but they did go up for all the resorts…so, is it because sales stalled in May? They want to get more points sold faster before bringing more online with VDH and Poly tower and given current conditions, figure it’s better to lower price to find that new “sweet” spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter