Why does 12 days have to take so long.... an impatiently waiting pre- trippie

Little Flower

DIS Veteran
I can honestly say that i not a patient girl. I get stroppy waiting in lines, and tap my heals like an old lady if someone takes too long putting their shopping into the trolley at the tills in the supermarket. I hate sitting still, i hate waiting. I only do these things because i have to. Our December 2008 trip has been booked with our travel agent since we returned from WDW in June 2007. I have waited 18 looooong months for this trip and these last few days are killing me!!

Before our first trip to WDW in June 2006 i had never even thought about going to Walt Disney World. Is was that fabled place that rich children got to go to when they were really really good (and rich.... did i mention rich). I'm sure this was just an illusion that my parents planted into my head to stop me from wanting to go and to make encourage me to be happy with a British Seaside holiday in a caravan!!!!! Something that i did then, and still now, love doing!!.

I blame my husband for my newly found WDW obsession - the first trip was all his idea. Unfortunately the first trip fueled my already existing weakness for Disney, turning it into a full on obsession.

The trip i am patiently (ok, impatiently) waiting for is now trip #3 with trip 4 planned for my 30th birthday (OMG! i'm sweating typing those numbers!!) in June 09. I am hoping for one a year from now on (keep your fingers crossed for me)

It feels like we have been waiting even longer for this trip due to the fact that it has already been postponed once from June till 2 weeks on Tuesday (that sounds sooner than 2nd December) We have had a pretty complicated year/18 months that included a new posting (my husband is in the airforce), me needing to find a new job in England as i was working in Northern Ireland, and a deployment to Afghanistan. Needless to say i'm a little worn out!!! Roll on 2nd December!!

Let me tell you about us:

My name is Marie and i am 29yrs old. We live at RAF Brize Norton which is just outside Oxford in England. This is our second posting here which i am loving as i grew up in this town and only moved away for a posting to Northern Ireland. My parents and sisters live 2 minutes away and all my friends are still here so i am very happy to be living where i am.

This is me;

Marie.jpg

My DH Steve, is in an RAF Policeman. We met after he was posted to Brize in 1999, in a bar on camp. He is from Dundee. We have been together now for 9 years (on the 7th December) and have been married 5 years (on the 29th November). We will be celebrating our anniversary on the trip. he's 28
I will upload a picture of him - i'm thinking i will use the one i have of him taking part in a mustache (i know - fool!) growing competition in Afghanistan

Our Trip;

17 nights of Bliss at Animal Kingdom Lodge! :goodvibes

We are flying from Gatwick at 11.15am on Tuesday 2nd December into MCO by Virgin. I have never flown Virgin before so am anxious to see if they are any good.

I spent most of last night researching and ordering our park tickets. I have been debating for ages whether to buy annual passes as we are coming back to Orlando in June 09. Until last night this was plan.

I found a great deal on the virgin website for UK - 21 Day Ultimate - admission to all 4 park (hoppers included), the waterparks, Disneyquest and Golf. With the exchange rate not being in our favour (about 1.5$ to the £) at the moment, we decided that this was the best option at £199.

I booked them last night and they should arrive by Saturday - hurray

Hi, I found you! :wave2:

Great start and I can't wait to follow along on your trip! That long at AKL sounds like heaven.

Hi, I found you! :wave2:

Great start and I can't wait to follow along on your trip! That long at AKL sounds like heaven.

I honestly can't think of anywhere i would rather be right now. it's the only Disney property i have stayed in so i have nothing yet to judge it against but, i love me some Animal Kingdom Lodge!!:goodvibes

My DH and I are relatively new to the WDW thing having only taken 2 previous trips each, both of them as adults. Our first trip was in June 2006. We had never heard of DIS, TGM, passporter. We had no idea that you were allowed to go to the Disney resorts if you weren't staying in them, or that they had some of the most wonderful restaurants i've eaten in.

Whilst this trip was the beginning of the now OCD obsession that i have for WDW, it was far from successful (although we were having the time of our lives!) We didn't go to EPCOT(I Know!! omg!!!), only went to Magic Kingdom (my favourite park) for about 2 hours, got bored and left, missed out most of the rides in MGM and injured myself on Kali at AK. We saw no fireworks, 2 parades and the electrical water pagent! We didn't even realise that there was more to Downtown Disney than West Side. I even managed to drive the wrong way up a 3 line highway when i got all confused at a traffic light - it's fair to say i won't be driving in the US ever again! We did however fall in love :lovestruc with Seaworld, The Jaws ride at Universal Studios, the tackiness that is Old Town in Kissimee and drove all the way down to Tampa for 2 hours on the beach!

It sounds like a complete disaster doesn't it? - it wasn't. It was wonderful:goodvibes . I knew we had to go back and that we had to do it properly this time

Our June 2007 trip was conceived about 3 weeks after we returned home. We had gotten such good value booking our trip with the TA so far in advance that we decided to do it again. DH came home with brochures for the Maldives, Bahamas, Kenya - some of the most beautiful places in the world. I think he saw the fleeting look of dissapointment in my eyes because he said, "you know, maybe this time we could stay at one of the Disney hotels?" After picking myself off the floor!:worship: we settled on AKL as non of the moderates caught our eye at all. I had always wanted to stay here so i was over the moon.

It was only by chance that i found the wonder that is the DIS. Once the holiday was booked, i wanted to find out everything i could about our hotel; Information, picture, video. I becan trawling through the web, absorbing anything i could find. I happened across the DIS and the rest is history. I researched places to eat, rides not to miss, places to stand for the best views of fireworks and parades. there was nothing that i didn't have a question for the DISer's about.

The research paid off...... the trip was phenomenal.:cloud9:

Animal Kingdom Lodge was beyond description, my DH's cartoon moment (jaw hitting the floor) when we walked into the lobby said it all. We spend as much time as we could in Magic Kingdom, Saw Mickey's Philharmagic about a million times, i managed to get DH on Splash Mountain once (not a mean feat for a man who hates drops hee hee. Never again:rotfl: ) cried tears of pure joy at Wishes, Spectromagic, Illuminations. We Soared over California, giggling like school children, Drank some Beverley (well, just my DH and i forgot to photograph his reaction but it was hysterical both for me and the family next to us:rotfl2: ) Toured World Showcase, eat some schoolbread, the list just goes on and on. They were just the most perfect 2 weeks of my life to date.

Now we head back for December 2008.

After seeing how sucessful our 2007 trip was with foresight and planning, there is no way that we can undertake this trip without a bit of forethough. I don't like to overplan as i like to see how i feel in the morning. I do however, like to make sure i know my options and what effect changing the rough plans could have on our holiday. For example, we have to go to Magic Kingdom before xxxx date because xxxxx ride is being refurbed and we will miss riding it. I also like to try and make the most of EMH.

This trip the planning is doubly important as there is the added factor of all the holiday celebrations. We have no experience of the holidays in the US let alone in Disney so we would like to try and fit in as much as possible.

I have made a very basic plan for the 17 days, leaving lots of days blank so that we can go with the flow. We have two celebration days that have been very well planned;

Our 5th Wedding aniversary: to be celebrated on the 3rd (day 1) with Breakfast at BOMA, the day at Magic Kingdom, to include, Parade, Wishes and Spectro and then a 9.45pm ADR at JIKO.

DH's 29th Birthday: Non disney day. 5th December. Breakfast at Kona (first time for us and really looking forward to it), Day at Universal. I have 2 dinner ADR's (although not sure if we will use them - it's up to DH) one for Narcoosees and one for Todd English BlueZoo. Possible trip to Blueman Group for this night too. I'm not interfering in this day - what ever my DH wants. I'm also planning on a birthday cake and choc. covered strawberries to be in the room when we get back from Universal.

I am still tweaking the plan so i will post it when it's done but here is a list of the things we need to find time for;

The four Parks - as many attractions, as many times as possible
All the parades and night time shows (apart from Fantasmic - we weren't very impressed with it)
Down Town Disney shopping
Earl of Sandwich
New sketch from Art of Disney - i have a Marie and a Cheshire Cat :lovestruc
Ghiradellis
Wintersummerland Mini Golf
resort hopping to see Christmas Decorations
Beaches and Cream
Check out Yacht Club and Beach Club ready for upcoming June 08 trip
MVMCP
Osbourne Lights
Candlelight Processional
Tree Lighting
Castle Lighting
Lights of Winter
Santas round the world
Old town
Pirates Cove Mini Golf
Seaworld
Universal
Grinchmas
Wander around Citywalk
Florida Mall
Mall at Milenia (cheesecake factory here we come)
Rocket Launch at Kennedy
Cinema at DTD
Taco Bell
Chequers
Joes Crab Shack (we love it here)
Celebration for the snow and general look around
Blue Man group
Dinner at NBA City
Perkins
ICE at Gaylord Palms
I could keep going but i am starting to frazzle my brain

Otherwise Titled: Just how much food can you eat in one trip??

03/12: Boma Breakfast
Jiko Dinner

05/12: Kona Breakfast

06/12: Boma Breakfast

09/12: Boma Dinner

10/12: Le Cellier Lunch (Boy, that one was hard to get)

11/12: San Angel Inn early Dinner

12/12: Teppan Edo Dinner (Candelight Processional Package)

13/12: Boma Breakfast

We also want to eat at the following:

Joes Crab Shack
NBA City
Logans
Taco Bel
Chequers
Perkins
IHOP
Cheescake Factory
Earl of Sandwich
Beaches and Cream
Germany CS
Mexico CS
Norway CS
France CS
Caseys
Main Street Bakery
The Mara (mmm Zebra Domes!!)
Yaki and Yeti CS

Do you think we'll go hungry:rotfl2:

This is an excerpt from an email my husband sent me when he was on detachment in Afghanistan this summer - i'm guessing the food wasn't too good;

we could go to boma in the morning for breakfast then go back to the room and get ready before leaving for Universal, which on the way to we can stop off at perkins for second breakfast and pie. After Universal we can have some lunch in city walk then go to see an early show of the blue man group before heading onto Epcot. We could book somewhere in Epcot for our tea, that Mexican or the place in Canada. Then we could watch illuminations with a bratwurst and schoolbread, maybe some of that french stuff too, do some soaring then head back to the hotel stopping off at taco bell on the way to pick up some chalupas and a big cherry pepsi to help wash down the cheesecake factory and zebra domes that we are bound to have in the fridge. Think we should also stock up on tums or something before hand as it might get rather messy. Sound good? Maybe too much activities and not enougheating, what do you think? Can you tell that I haven't had any proper food for a few weeks?

If you read it at the speed the missing punctuation dictates, you get the impression he was kinda hysterical writing this email. We love us some Orlando food. I think the lack of proper food over there was making him dizzy

Bless him

Sounds like you will have a wonderful time. We are back at AKV on Dec 1st :cool1:

Claire ;)

The research paid off...... the trip was phenomenal.:cloud9:

Animal Kingdom Lodge was beyond description, my DH's cartoon moment (jaw hitting the floor) when we walked into the lobby said it all. We spend as much time as we could in Magic Kingdom, Saw Mickey's Philharmagic about a million times, i managed to get DH on Splash Mountain once (not a mean feat for a man who hates drops hee hee. Never again:rotfl: ) cried tears of pure joy at Wishes, Spectromagic, Illuminations. We Soared over California, giggling like school children, Drank some Beverley (well, just my DH and i forgot to photograph his reaction but it was hysterical both for me and the family next to us:rotfl2: ) Toured World Showcase, eat some schoolbread, the list just goes on and on. They were just the most perfect 2 weeks of my life to date.

Reading this gave me goosebumps! You summed it up perfectly!

Our 5th Wedding aniversary: to be celebrated on the 3rd (day 1) with Breakfast at BOMA, the day at Magic Kingdom, to include, Parade, Wishes and Spectro and then a 9.45pm ADR at JIKO.

DH's 29th Birthday: Non disney day. 5th December. Breakfast at Kona (first time for us and really looking forward to it), Day at Universal. I have 2 dinner ADR's (although not sure if we will use them - it's up to DH) one for Narcoosees and one for Todd English BlueZoo. Possible trip to Blueman Group for this night too. I'm not interfering in this day - what ever my DH wants. I'm also planning on a birthday cake and choc. covered strawberries to be in the room when we get back from Universal.

Both of these days sound just wonderful! My SO surprised me with dinner & Wishes at Narcoosees in May. I just have to say that it was magical, the food was insane good and being able to go out on the deck between dinner & dessert to watch/listen to Wishes...well, wow.

This is an excerpt from an email my husband sent me when he was on detachment in Afghanistan this summer - i'm guessing the food wasn't too good;

we could go to boma in the morning for breakfast then go back to the room and get ready before leaving for Universal, which on the way to we can stop off at perkins for second breakfast and pie. After Universal we can have some lunch in city walk then go to see an early show of the blue man group before heading onto Epcot. We could book somewhere in Epcot for our tea, that Mexican or the place in Canada. Then we could watch illuminations with a bratwurst and schoolbread, maybe some of that french stuff too, do some soaring then head back to the hotel stopping off at taco bell on the way to pick up some chalupas and a big cherry pepsi to help wash down the cheesecake factory and zebra domes that we are bound to have in the fridge. Think we should also stock up on tums or something before hand as it might get rather messy. Sound good? Maybe too much activities and not enougheating, what do you think? Can you tell that I haven't had any proper food for a few weeks?

This is hilarious!!!

Enjoy Kona Cafe...we had put off eating there for years and finally went on the spur of the moment in July. We loved it, the food & coffee were both great and now it's on our "must do" list.

Loving the report, keep it up!

so not long now. You are going to have just the most wonderful time. I adore Jikos. enjoy the next few days if you can

susan

One more Sleep and then it will be Holiday time!! Can you tell i'm excited.

Just about everything is done now -i just have to finish packing and then make sure that the house is clean.

The dogs are off on their holidays too so i am going to try not to think about putting them in the kennels in a couple of hours! I always feel so guilty.

I'm going to attempt to check in online with Virgin now - keep your fingers crossed for me as i have no idea how to do it.

P.S. I have so far packed 9 pairs of shoes!!! too much???

One more Sleep and then it will be Holiday time!! Can you tell i'm excited.

Just about everything is done now -i just have to finish packing and then make sure that the house is clean.

The dogs are off on their holidays too so i am going to try not to think about putting them in the kennels in a couple of hours! I always feel so guilty.

I'm going to attempt to check in online with Virgin now - keep your fingers crossed for me as i have no idea how to do it.

P.S. I have so far packed 9 pairs of shoes!!! too much???

Nine pairs!?!? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I always feel so guilty leaving the dogs, just hate it.

Good luck with Virgin...I can't believe it's time already for you to go! Post lots of pics please!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter