Why do YOU love Disney so much???

What a fantastic idea for a thread! :goodvibes

Let's see. Why do I love Disney?

To start, almost all of my stand-out, fantastic and best memories somehow involve Disney. I grew up on Disney. As a child, I never watched Sesame Street or Mr. Rogers. I was a Disney child, through and through. I grew up on Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty.

My first family vacation was in our first motor home to Florida where I met my Aunt Phyllis and Uncle Dave for the first time. Some of my earliest memories are at Disney World. I remember walking into the Magic Kingdom for the first time, Mickey's Starland, and SpectroMagic before the huge gaps between the floats. It was the first time to Disney World for my parents. And we returned many, many times.

I spent a Christmas at Disney World, and during that trip I finally came to realize that it was my second home.

I love the history of the parks, the charm, the atmosphere. There's NOTHING like walking down Main Street, USA past the Emporium, or around World Showcase, or hearing the screams of joy (and fear!) from Tower of Terror and, more recently, Everest.

When I did my internship, I secretly dreamed to work at Splash Mountain. During my interview, I gushed about how much I loved that ride. When I found out that I would, in fact, get the wonderful opportunity to work at Splash Mountain, I went back to Chatham Square, and in the privacy of my room, I cried. Walt must have been looking out for me.

Working at Disney World, at Splash Mountain, opened my eyes to a different side of the World. I saw backstage. I saw the things that some Guests never get to see or experience. Some things were great, some not so much.

Going to work at a place where people set out to see was unlike anything I've ever experienced. I was so grateful to walk down through the tunnels, up the elevator, and to Splash Mountain every day. I was even more grateful to impact families who were at Disney World for their first (and, for some, their ONLY) trip. There was nothing more wonderful than seeing children and adults coming off Splash Mountain with looks of sheer joy. Joy you never see while at the grocery store or driving home from work.

Just as Cast Members and Walt's vision made all of my dreams came true from many visits and the chance to work at my favorite attraction, I too made dreams come true for other guests. There was NOTHING more rewarding than walking home at the end of a 14 hour shift, knowing I'd be back in 9 hours for a 12 hour shift, than knowing that I made a child's dream come true.

Disney World is a place for people of all ages. It's a place where those jaded from every day life can once again let the child in them come out. For that reason, I am so thankful for that magical place. A place where families laugh, parents become kids again, and where the best memories are made.

That's why I love Disney World.

Wow, your post made me cry. My 4 year old daughter just got to ride Splash Mountain for the first time this past December, it was her FAVORITE ride.

I just love the feeling I get when I'm there with my family, like I should be nominated for Mother of the Year just because I can do this for my kids. Honestly the mom I am in Disney is the mom I wish I were all the time. I'm happy, I'm fun, my sense of humor is fantastic, I have a bounce in my step, my patience level in very high and I'm just a friendly joyful person. It doesn't take long after being home to become stressed and crabby, that's when I know it's time to start planning our next trip!!!

I love Disney for many reasons.

I just visited WDW for the first time last year at 27 years old. When I walked through the tunnel under the train station and saw for the first time Main Street USA with the castle at the end, I wasn't 27 anymore. I was a little girl with no cares in the world. There is really something about the magic of Disney that, for me, makes everything else disappear. I didn't think about work or life outside of Disney the entire time I was there. I can't say that about other vacations I've taken.

Also, I love how clean the parks are, and how friendly most of the cast members are. We didn't meet a single rude cast member the entire 10 days we were there. I know they are out there, but we were very lucky in this respect. I can't say the same for other parks I've been to.

And finally, I love Disney because it's the only place in the world my hubby is excited to visit. On other vacations we've taken, I mostly choose the location, hotel, activities, etc. When we planned our last Disney vacation, as well as our upcoming one, he took an active part in the planning, and it made it that much more fun for me.

:goodvibes

I love WDW because I feel like a kid again. However, I love it more now as a parent, watching the wonder and excitement on my kids' faces. That is worth more than anything to me--to see it again through a child's viewpoint.

Wow, your post made me cry. My 4 year old daughter just got to ride Splash Mountain for the first time this past December, it was her FAVORITE ride.

I just love the feeling I get when I'm there with my family, like I should be nominated for Mother of the Year just because I can do this for my kids. Honestly the mom I am in Disney is the mom I wish I were all the time. I'm happy, I'm fun, my sense of humor is fantastic, I have a bounce in my step, my patience level in very high and I'm just a friendly joyful person. It doesn't take long after being home to become stressed and crabby, that's when I know it's time to start planning our next trip!!!

I'm glad she enjoyed it! That's probably the thing I miss the most from my internship. Seeing kids coming off Splash Mountain for the first time was the BEST! Usually they'd turn to Mom or Dad and beg to go on again. Loved it! :goodvibes

dizprincess717, thanks for the wonderful post. You're the kind of CM that makes us love Disney :thumbsup2

This made me tear up, I won't lie. I was a member of the Dis Boards before I did my internship, so when times got tough I tried to make myself think that all the Guests were Dis Board members.

One more thing I love about Disney World that I can't believe I forgot --

Dole Whips. Heaven in a cup, I tell you.

I love it there because it is a place to forget your worries, even if only for a short time.

I agree that at Disney you can escape the news of everyday life. You can escape the war, the politics, the horrible things happening in different cities/countries and to children, I love that we can be carefree if only for a week. We can pretend to live in a world where fairytales do come true and everyone is treated as an equal regardless of disabilites, color, religion, gender or ethnicity. I think it's great that people from different parts of the world can come together in harmony and just enjoy Walt's vision.

I love it because it represents an escape from reality and into a world where everything is good. For a short while I can watch as my DS, now 17, as a little boy again, hugging Pooh and playing with Tigger. Then watch my almost 2yr old DD wave at people as she walks down mainstreet knowing that she really believes this is her kingdom and everybody came to see her. For us WDW is really where dreams come true.

Well Ive never been to Disney World (yet! :upsidedow)

But I love the movies because they're just about happiness and joy and they can always make me feel better when I have a bad day. Disney has been there for me when no one else has and thats what makes me :love: it

I have always loved Disney, ever since the first movie I ever went to-it was a drive in so that shows my age :)- Lady and the Tramp. I just fell in love with all things Disney. I would read for hours, so my parents bought me a set of large hardcover Disney books. I don't remember what the set was called now, but I just devoured them. One of the books was dedicated to Disneyland and Walt Disney World, and I used to look at it nearly nightly, trying to imagine myself there, because my family was always broke. There was no way we could afford to go-I had to wait until 1992, when I was an adult and went with my mother...here's where the explanation gets difficult, because I can't adequately explain why I fell in love so deeply with the whole WDW experience. It was childhood, safety and security, familiarity. It was the only place I've ever traveled to where I felt like I was in another realm entirely, where the real world couldn't get at me for the magical days I was there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter