Why do YOU love Disney so much???

The smells:
Like after it rains-Disney Rain, or the smell of boat water on It's small world & splash mountain. The smell of smoke in Pirates or in Spaceship Earth or the smell of the cold air & fruits & veggies In "the land", the smell of popcorn, and funnel cake & chocolate and baked goods, the smell of the shops on main street, the smell of the hotel room, the smell of "Mexico" on the boat ride, the musty smell of HM, the smell of Boma, or the smell of the morning by the pool, or the smell of Fireworks, it's all a comfort. One that stays in your memory. Aliciapirate:
I'm into the Disney smells too...sometimes people look at me like i'm nuts when I say that!:lmao:

I love going to WDW because it's not just a vacation. I get to spend time with my family at one of the most friendly & magical places on earth. I lost my DH to cancer & my kids had a very tough time seeing their Dad go through surgery, chemo, radiation, etc. The year after he passed away was the first trip for them. I think it was a turning point for us all. We had a truly magical trip & I'll never forget how happy we all were together. Walt made it so we could forget everything - all the sadness, stress & worry. We got to enjoy all the magic and we really enjoyed each other's company. My oldest DS won't be able to come this April, he's in college and can't miss classes. We're hoping to get another trip planned so he can come with us.
Going to WDW is truly the most magical vacation for us!:love:

Well WDW is certainly one of my "happy places". What makes it that way is a very good question. I think it's just the magic that it makes you feel, knowing the history, knowing the hard work Walt Disney put into making his dreams become reality. There is the detail that you don't experience anywhere else, from the attractions, to the resorts, to the restaurants. Disney (at least for most of us) is a special treat, and if there was a disney park in every state, it probably wouldn't be. The memories it holds, the memories it brings back, and the ability to make new memories. The castle, the monorail, the Tree of Life- all scream magic to me. As old as "the world" is, it always seems new all over again when I visit....that's what I love about WDW.

You're right...it does feel like home. There is something missing from "the other parks" and its THE MAGIC...DISNEY MAGIC! I always feel relaxed and rejuvenated, at the same time!

because I went when I was 9, Loved it as a kid would and then, ever since it's reminded me of how much happier I can be.

I love that it doesn't seem odd to have a old fashioned small town street ending with a giant beautiful castle.

I love that everyone turns into a screaming 8 year old on ToT.

I love that every time I go it is more fun than I remember! :goodvibes

I love Disney because it takes me back to that place when I was little and Fairy Tales were stories that mom and dad read to me out of books. I remember singing as loud as I could when I was little to my Walt Disney albums (with songs from movies) and doing that just brought me to the place of fairies and castles and it was all a fairy tale land. Going to Disney the first time in 1992 and seeing the castle for the first time was a reminder to me that Fairy Tales can come true. We didn't go on vacations when I was little, there wasn't any money, so when I went as an adult, it was magical for me. I was hooked. Now, I've got a DH who is hooked and I'm raising 2 DDs to love Disney as well.

You know I cant explain it either though I've tried as it drives my DH crazy! I went once when I was 10 yrs old and did not go back until I was 31 and took my 3 yr old dd and was hooked. The place is just so magical to me and represents all things that are good to me. I go there and no matter how much may be going on at home I forget all those things and am able to immerse myself in this magical place with my kids. I still remember the first time watching Wishes and crying just not believing I was there and experiencing something so very beautiful. And I still cry at Holiday Illuminations and the CP every year! I thank Walt for giving us such a magical place to go with our families and loved ones. I cant imagine not having Disney in my life.

Stacey

I took an unexpected trip to Orlando last week, short notice, cheap airfare, opportunity too good to pass up kinda thing. We didn't stay on Disney property (a first for me) but we went to DTD one night and to MK for Pirate and Princess party one day. The SECOND I was on Disney property I just felt so happy so relaxed. We had a good time doing other things too (Sea World and we saw the shuttle launch from Kennedy) but nothing feels like being at Disney. When we were at MK I just kept thinking I couldn't believe I was there. I've never done a spur of the moment trip and it was really fun. Almost surreal. You just can't beat the Disney feeling. Even my SIL
who isn't a Disney fanatic like me at ALL said our day at MK was truly magical. Very high praise from her. I'll never know exactly how they do it, but Disney never gets old, never gets boring, and always manages to convey the magic.

I've always wanted to go to Sea World, but never made it previous trips, and while I enjoyed it, I can't see going back anytime soon, I sort of feel like, ok, I've seen it, it was nice, but nothing great to bring me back. Whereas I could go back to Disney tomorrow, even though I've been 5 times in 3 1/2 years.

I wonder if Walt really knew how wonderful his vision was, I wonder if he would be surprised to see millions of people from all over the world coming together to enjoy what he created or if he expected it. I'm still amazed every time I enter WDW, it always feels like the first time.
I love that my children can go to Epcot and learn about different countries and cultures, it's the only place you can visit the UK, Canada, Italy and China all in the same day and then follow it up with a trip to Mars at Mission Space.
Disney has even made waiting in line fun, they have pretty much thought of every detail. No other park can compare in my opinion. I hope my children have the desire and the means to carry on this wonderful tradition when they are older. It makes me sad that my parents and sisters really have no desire to visit Disney, they think I'm a little crazy for bringing my 3 children every year. Some people just don't get it!!!

I feel just like kid again over and over the magic just grows stonger for me with each trip.:goodvibes :goodvibes Danny

There are so many reasons that people on this thread have touched on. I could probably state to you about 100 reasons why I love WDW so much, but my #1 is as follows.

I believe WDW is a state of mind. It is the only place on earth where people from all walks of life, race, creed, etc can come together and be treated equal. Not only is everyone treated equal, but they are treated with more respect and love than anywhere else. It is a complete ideal world view that can not replicated anywhere else. For a couple months after 9/11 I believe we came close to this relationship with eachother, but most people abandoned it very quickly. WDW is that place for me, where 99% of the people there are happy and want to share it with you. They smile and say HI. People go out of their way to be nice to each other. If only we could be more that way in our everyday lives, this world would be a much better place.

First, memories...Old ones (family vacations) and new ones.

Second, Disney is such a clean park and just all around beautiful.

I love disney because it represent our hopes and dreams. Where we can all release our innerchild and not have to worry about the problems. O and the smell of Rome burning in Spaceship earth

I love WDW because it's the only place in the world where I don't worry.

DW's happy there, I'm happy there, and everything is good. :thumbsup2

I wonder if Walt really knew how wonderful his vision was, I wonder if he would be surprised to see millions of people from all over the world coming together to enjoy what he created or if he expected it.

I often wonder this too! I often think of Walt and if he had any idea of what he was creating, the impact it would have and how it would effect so many millions of people. :goodvibes

I wonder the same thing about Elvis alot too. I wonder if either man could even concieve of how they, and what they created would still be so HUGE and influential after so many years.

I love that there are things that are the same as when I visited Disney as a kid.
I love that Disney is predictable and also ever-changing.
I love the level of detail in everything from the walking paths to the garbage cans, to Cinderella's castle.
I love the spontaneous fun of a character experience or a run-in with PUSH the trash can.
I love the smell of popcorn in the air.
I love the anticipation of planning a trip and then the anticipation of each day in the "World".
I love trying to see how many times I can see Wishes/ride Soarin'/eat Dole Whips while I'm there.
I love coming home and planing my next trip!!

Most people don't get what I love about Disney. Sometimes, I don't either. It's a feeling of peace and disconnect from the rest of the world. The magic all around, soaking in the atmosphere...Priceless!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter