Why do you drink Diet Coke or Coke Zero?

randumb0

Party at Mickey's
I don't drink Coke very often, but when I do I choose a regular Coke. I've tried diet and zero and I don't like the way they taste. I hear a lot of people mention Diet Coke so do you drink it to appease a soda craving? If regular Coke was zero calories would you drink it instead?

I probably drink too much soda, but I do drink Zeroes to save on the sugar. I think the Zeroes taste pretty good, they have gotten very close to teh real thing. I will ocassionally indulge in a full-sugar soda too. I am trying to cut back on the sodas in general and drink more water, though I don't think one can a day is excessive, and that's what I try to hold to.

I used to drink full calorie sodas only, but when I needed to lose weight several years ago, I switched to zero-calorie options so I could still get a caffeine fix because I don't like coffee.

Unfortunately, I get headaches from some artificial sweeteners like aspartame, so most "diet" versions weren't options. Some of the "zero" options give me headaches too, but I tend to do much better with them.

I do prefer the taste of the regular sodas though, so I treat them as a "treat" now and allow myself to order them at a restaurant on a weekend.

I alternate between Diet Dr Pepper, Diet Pepsi, and sometimes Diet Coke every few months. My tastes change.

Right now, it's Diet Pepsi or Diet Dr Pepper, never Diet Coke. Diet Coke burns my stomach and tastes too harsh for some reason right now.

I choose diet because regular soda tastes too rich with too many empty calories/sugar.

I am a serious Diet Coke addict - I don't like Coke Zero because to me it tastes too much like regular Coke and after drinking diet so long, regular Coke tastes weird to me.

I do really like Dr. Pepper Zero occasionally to mix things up a little bit.

I don't drink soda or juice often anymore. I'm a recovered Coke-aholic. When I do have a Coke, it is a Coke Zero/Diet Coke, as I'm not interested in drinking 10 teaspoons of sugar in the one 12 oz can.

I used to drink Diet Coke, but only the version that was sweetened with Splenda. It tasted the best of any of the artificially sweetened soft drinks. Still not as good as Coke with sugar, but passable. I stopped drinking all artificially sweetened soft drinks in 2005, Doctor says they all mess with your stomach bacteria. I wasn't diabetic then, but now I don't drink any soft drinks at all after developing diabetes. Just plain flavored sparkling water, coffee and ice tea.
Growing up in the 1960's, all we bought was diet soft drinks sweetened Cyclamates. THOSE tasted just like sugar sweetened drinks. U.S. felt it was unsafe and banned them in 1969. Today, it is still illegal in the U.S., but legal in 130 other countries show feel the other artificial sweetener are more dangerous. Who knows?

I do prefer the taste of the regular sodas though, so I treat them as a "treat" now and allow myself to order them at a restaurant on a weekend.

This is what I do witha "high test" soda - I'll treat it as a desert or a snack in place of something else sweet.

I don't drink coke very often, maybe twice a year but when I do, I drink diet coke and not coke zero. I don't like the taste of real coke, it's too sweet for me. I started drinking diet years ago, probably 20 or so and have become used to the taste.

I much prefer regular sodas, when I drink zero calorie ones (never diet) it's to avoid the calories. They always leave my mouth with a weird taste for hours afterward, though, so I can't really say I enjoy them.

I have found most super obese people drink a lot of non diet soda. Personally once I went non sugar, I find sugar based drinks disgusting.

I don't drink Coke very often, but when I do I choose a regular Coke. I've tried diet and zero and I don't like the way they taste. I hear a lot of people mention Diet Coke so do you drink it to appease a soda craving? If regular Coke was zero calories would you drink it instead?
I drink Diet Coke because I think it tastes much better than regular Coke.

I love my Diet Coke. I've seriously tried to cut my intake to one a day (at lunch) it's not easy! And when it's out of the fountain, I'm the re-fill queen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter