why do hotels never wash there blankets

stahshee

wheres my Camero?
why? why do we get the same blanket but we get new sheets? I find that NASTY who knows who DNA is on that blanket. GROSS. do you request a new fresh blanket?

Evidently its too expensive and wears out the bedding...and many of us are too paranoid about that (there has been a big thread about this on here)

Oh how gross...They don't do anything to the blankets? Not any sort of cleaning??

We stayed at ASMo beginning of May. Last day we were there the housekeeper showed up with clean blankets and spreads for both beds. So maybe they do it monthly?

Having known someone that was a hosekeeping manager, she said there is no set schedule. It's at managers descretion.
I swear if a hotel advertised they clean the blankets after every person's visit instead of investing in heavenly beds, or dream beds, I would stay with them everywhere I went.
I think it's downright gross and always travel with my blankets and pillows.
I can't believe there isn't any kind of law for that.

I always request new blankets and top cover, i ring down to housekeeping when i arrive and tell them i have allergies (which i do) and i always get fresh ones,

The thought of it makes me feel ill, and as another post said, someones elses dni, yuk

Ambersmom :flower:

We always bring our own sheets and pillowcases when we stay in any of the orlando hotels - each morning we remove our bedding from the bed before housekeeping arrives - they do there work - and before we go to sleep we put our bedding back on the bed.

We don't redo the bed we just put our own bedding on top of theirs.

I think it's really sad that we have to go through so much trouble just to stay sanitary, especially when you have to pay a significant amount of $ for the room. Just my opinion...

Are all of you saying that the blankets and bedspreads are not freshly washed before another guest checks in a hotel. Does this include Disney hotels?

The queue rails in the Magic Kingdom aren't cleaned daily either, but I bet you still touch the spot where little Joe put his hand after wiping his nose. I bet you touch the doorhandles of bathrooms too, despite the fact that you personally witness people who do not wash their hands after using the facilities.

Brian Noble said:
The queue rails in the Magic Kingdom aren't cleaned daily either, but I bet you still touch the spot where little Joe put his hand after wiping his nose. I bet you touch the doorhandles of bathrooms too, despite the fact that you personally witness people who do not wash their hands after using the facilities.
Ok, I get what your saying...but sleeping on random people's cooties is a lot worse then simply touching them. A bed is so personal...it's where you rest your head and do other 'unmetionables'. I'm sure everyone's aware that most things we come across on a daily basis have 1,000,000's of germs, but you can wash up when the day is over and then rest your head on a 'hopefully' clean bed.

I just think the whole idea of none clean bed sheets is GROSS. Do you know how many people come in and out of hotels?? Ewwww....:scared:

The thought of this just makes my skin crawl. I will definitely request fresh blankets.

I read an article recently that said it was primarily standard in the industry to wash the bed spreads once a quarter. So every 3 months or so they are changed. They didn't mention the actual blankets though.
The reason for the article was the fact that Marriott was switching all of their hotels over to down comforters (the better the hotel..the better the thread count) with white duvets. These duvets would be washed after each guest. Since they were white, it looked cleaner. To me it made sense. Maybe other chains will follow....

daily washing of the blanket and bedspread make them wear out too fast.

I am by nature - hot blooded - so the bedspread and blanket immediately go on mother's bed or in a chair.

the sheets are not changed daily either - but they are changed (or should be) before new guests arrive.

as far as other places - that is why I carry on me - hand sanitizer and try to remember not to touch my face until I use the stuff - generally before and after meals.

at the restrooms I always take a paper towel (when available otherwise use my shirt or skirt) to open the door.

I have allergies to lots of things - so I need to be carefully.

there are lots of people who do this!!!

deelam said:
Are all of you saying that the blankets and bedspreads are not freshly washed before another guest checks in a hotel. Does this include Disney hotels?

Correct!

I like that the CR is now changing to white comforters, hopefully that will encourage more cleanings.

BTW, sorry but dirty snot nose handrails don't compare IMO, to what CAN be and probably is on those covers.

It's true that they don't change blankets between, but most good quality hotels (aka, not value chains) usually sandwich the blanket between two fresh sheets so the blanket never actually touches your skin. I've seen this done at lots of hotels. It protects you from the blanket and protects the blanket from dirt- everyone wins.

So, take a peek and see what the hotel does.

This is something I've heard but chose to ignore, it's just too gross for me to think about. I always fold down the blanket and comforter for this reason, but it does get chilly at night. I am one of those that uses my papertowel to open the bathroom door after washing my hands, my kids do the same. It's just gross to think about sleeping in a bed that a stranger could have wiped their nose or something on the blanket. When you request fresh blankets, are they clean or just folded?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter