Why are Parrotheads so passionate?

Papa Deuce

<font color="red">BBQ loving, fantasy football pla
I like Jimmy Buffet too. I have the greatest hits CD, maybe a few others I DL'd from iTunes. But to me he is more like inoffensive rather than someone to get really excited about.

So why do you Parrotheads get so excited?

I used to wonder the same thing until I went to a concert of his! It isn't as much him, although I LOVE him and his music, as it is the crowd. It is really hard to explain, but when you are there, regardless of the weather, it is like you are on vacation. Everyone is extremely friendly and fun. And his music is the same way. I have ready that he really doesn't understand it either, but sure does enjoy it. It is a chance to sit back, have a drink, and not have any worries! Just like vacation!!

Kathy

Papa Deuce said:
I like Jimmy Buffet too. I have the greatest hits CD, maybe a few others I DL'd from iTunes. But to me he is more like inoffensive rather than someone to get really excited about.

So why do you Parrotheads get so excited?
I have no idea either, as I have never seen him in Concert. :confused3

I think its about the lifestyle he represents :teeth:
(I saw him twice but am embarrased enough to have to say that I don't remember much of the second show - too much tailgating - which is phenominal in itself!)

Margaritaville is a state of mind. With all the responsibilities adulthood brings, its nice to have something to take you away.

Thats how I see it.

pattyT said:
(I saw him twice but am embarrased enough to have to say that I don't remember much of the second show - too much tailgating - which is phenominal in itself!)

:teeth: :teeth:

PattyT, I know how you feel!! And yes, the Tailgating is part of the whole "Party"!!

Kathy

As you can see below , I'm a Parrothead.Only been to two concerts,but it truely is a feel good state of mind that is hard to explain.And those are the best thing,thoose that cannot be explained! :cool1:

Being a Parrothead is like having a mental vacation going on in your head, all the time.

Some Parrotheads can push it into the background, so they can work, go grocery shopping, etc. and function in society.

The others just burn out.

You need to go to a concert. It takes you away from the city to a tropical paradise. When you are at a Buffett concert, you don't have a care in the world. I used to think like you until I was invited to my first concert in college many years ago. I have been a parrothead ever since.

Being at a Buffett concert is a time away from reality, your 2 hours (??) in Margaritaville, with a bunch of other crazy people who enjoy it just the same. It doesn't matter if it is 98 degrees in the shade, raining, cold, or whatever, when you're there, it IS summer, party time, and I guess you just have to experience it.
I've been to several concerts, we always dress up (fin hats, leis, etc.) one year it was near Memorial Day in Cincinnati, and I think it was like 50 degrees that night. I wore a winter coat over my "beach" attire! LOL :rotfl2:

I'm growing older, but not up....... :rotfl:

Best way to explain it to ya is this. Why do football fans get so excited? I like football and I watch some games but is it really all that to get excited about? lol!
Get it now?

I think everyone has pretty much nailed it up to this point. I could add a bunch of the same sentimemts about what it means to me but my DIS name says it all. I suggest you go to a concert, get to know a few of us and find out what being a parrothead means to you(there is one inside of all of us). You will have a great time. I mean have you really lived until you see a 250lb man carrying a margarita in each hand wearing a coconut bra and a grass skirt?? :teeth:

I don't think that you even need to go to a concert to pick up on the feeling. I've always joked that in my next life I want to come back as Jimmy Buffet because everything about him and his music just feels so comfortable and fun.

Beastlover said:
Margaritaville is a state of mind. With all the responsibilities adulthood brings, its nice to have something to take you away.

I agree! I have been a Buffett fan for years...it started when I was about 19 and just went to one of his concerts for the party. I've been hooked ever since! I can't explain why...I guess it's like anything else - either you get it or you don't. I never understood the Grateful Dead obsession but to each his own!

I can understand being a Parrothead. There are a lot of people that have a passion that others can't understand. Look at you with BBQ. :rotfl:

Why - All the drinking.

Artists that sing about other drugs - bad.
Artists that sing about alcohol - good family fun. :confused3

cardaway said:
Why - All the drinking.

Artists that sing about alcohol - good family fun. :confused3

Um...I don't recall anyone on this thread saying a Buffett concert is 'good family fun'.

vettechick99 said:
You know that's like asking one of us why we like Disney.

Y'know - Papa Deuce doesn't understand that either!

Artists that sing about alcohol - good family fun.

Now I'm not a Parrothead, but I never considered it "good family fun." I consider it "adult" fun. And, whether or not it should be, alcohol is legal for adults.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter