Why are Parrotheads so passionate?

Great picture, Cheyita! I'm sorry we missed you the other week.

It is the ultimate escape, and everyone there feels the same way. It's akin to the Peter Pan syndrome, only with Margarita's for Pixie Dust! :sunny:

gallaj0 said:
Being a Parrothead is like having a mental vacation going on in your head, all the time.

I like this explanation! :) I'm a huge Jimmy Buffett fan, have ALL his CDs, read all his books, (especially enjoyed A Pirate Looks at Fifty), and shop frequently at his Margaritaville stores.

Like he says, Margaritaville is a state of mind. Whenever I listen to his music it puts me in a happy frame of mind. It takes me back to the times I've spent sunning on some tropical beach and swimmng and snorkeling in warm, blue/green tropical waters, not a care in the world. His music also makes me want to plan more tropical excursions.

Oh, and I do love a good cheeseburger in paradise!!! :teeth:

I didn't get into his music until we had been on our carribean cruises....now I have several of his CDs. Haven't been to a concert of his, although I would like to. Can't say I'm a "parrot head", but I certainly love his music.

Beastlover said:
Margaritaville is a state of mind. With all the responsibilities adulthood brings, its nice to have something to take you away.

Thats how I see it.

Exactly. It's sort of like Disney. For those few hours of concert time, or those few days at the World, it's like real life doesn't exist. It's an escape from reality.

cardaway said:
Why - All the drinking.

Artists that sing about other drugs - bad.
Artists that sing about alcohol - good family fun. :confused3

He's got ONE song about alcohol that everyone knows. Have you listened to any of his other music? He's got a catalog spanning almost 40 years now. He's about much more than Margaritaville.

vettechick99 said:
Great picture, Cheyita! I'm sorry we missed you the other week.

Thanks! Yeah, bummer we didn't run into each other. This was, however, my first trip where I met DISers, and I met three of them. :cool1:

phillybeth said:
He's got ONE song about alcohol that everyone knows. Have you listened to any of his other music? He's got a catalog spanning almost 40 years now. He's about much more than Margaritaville.
Personally I am more offended he promotes the eating of red meat. ;)

phillybeth said:

One? How about "Why Don't We Get Drunk". There's more where that come from.

I'm very familiar with his music, even have one import hits CD.

I just think it's funny how "Deadheads" are seen as druggies and "Parrotheads" are just seen as people who like to have fun.

cardaway said:
One? How about "Why Don't We Get Drunk". There's more where that come from.

I'm very familiar with his music, even have one import hits CD.

I just think it's funny how "Deadheads" are seen as druggies and "Parrotheads" are just seen as people who like to have fun.
So then a Deadhead who likes Buffet is a druggy who likes to have fun. pirate:

You can't spend a summer listening to the Blizzard Beach soundtrack and not fall in love with Jimmy. There's songs that still take me back there.

And as for drinking, don't forget "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" with Alan Jackson. ;)

cynsaun said:
I can understand being a Parrothead. There are a lot of people that have a passion that others can't understand. Look at you with BBQ. :rotfl:

Yes, well, I am not at all putting down being a Parrothead. Just wanted to know the reasons.

Tried and true parrothead here and proud to be!!! We leave on Thursday for his Las Vegas concert and I'm so giddy with excitement it's killing me. :Pinkbounc We became parrotheads 6 years ago. It is a great escape from the everyday life, everyone you meet at a concert is very cool and I've never met one I didn't like. It's easy to picture yourself on a beach lying in the sun and letting every single adult responsibility be put on hold even for a short time.

Any parrotheads going to the Vegas concert??? Just out of curiosity! We'll be in Vegas on Thursday night late and I can't wait! Jimmy + Vegas + childless = A great time. :banana: :teeth:

For me, its his shows. I think the music is so much better in person than on CD. His band is amazing! I also like the crowd and how they dress up- its like Halloween in the summertime. Plus, I just like the guy. I've never heard a bad thing about him like others in the biz. You don't hear about him leaving his wife, taking drugs, punching out people, etc.. He just seems so genuine and nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter