Why all the Croc lovin'?

I love my Crocs, I have the big' old ugly ones that are SO comfortable for my poor feet. A few years back I fractured my baby pinky toe (stupid accident, I'll spare you the lack of grace I exhibited at the time) and the fracture spiraled down the toe and became a stress fracture at the top of my foot. In simple terms, when I am on my feet for any amount of time, that foot swells and hurts. If I am in tight/restrictive shoes, that whole side of my foot actually goes numb. Once I take the shoe off, I have to limp everywhere for a day or two.
I have no such problems with my Crocs. I can go all day with no foot pain to speak of. I hadn't discovered my Croc love yet when we hit DL in '06 (I was aware of them, I just thought they were hideously ugly and hadn't deigned to try them) but I am getting some Mickey's for next years' trip....I am stoked about the thought of being able to walk from one end of the park to other (a few hundred times) and not be hobbling back to Hojo at the end of the day.....
On a side note, I do have wide fat feet (to match my wide, Pooh sized body) and my Crocs fit great, never flop off, never rub. My DH has very narrow feet and very high arches, and he tried on a pair which did NOT work for him. I think this is another case of when they good they are very very good, but when they are bad.....Don't buy them. ;)

Hey, wondering how long your guys crocs last you? I got mine last June and the little nubs seems to have worn quite a bit. Wondering if maybe I should get myself some new Mickey ones when I'm there.

ANY excuse to buy the Mickey Crocs is fine! Go for it!

... Plus, it's Disneyland. I'm not there to impress anyone, just to be comfy (it will go with my Beauty and Cinderella shirts and I'm 25--as of Sunday...:thumbsup2 ).

I'm going for my 40th and will be wearing shirts with Pooh, Thumper, Mickey or Tigger. Comfort is all that matters - and everyone can be a kid! :cheer2:

... and I pronate pretty bad. (When my heeled shoes sit lined up in the closet, they are all leaning away from each other 'cause I wore down the outside edge of the soles!)

That would be supination. Pronation is when your feet turn inward (that's what I have - had to wear casts on my feet as a baby, too, to fix it, except my DM couldn't handle putting on the night bar that I was supposed to wear after the casts, so my feet never healed like they were supposed to). :(

Gee, I would think that your feet would get all sweaty and stinky in plastic shoes like that. Hm, are the fake brands as good? :boat:

No, frocs (fake crocs) are not as good. The only ones that I've heard that are really, really close are All Hearts (nursing catalogue), but they don't have all the fun colors that Crocs have. But they are less expensive. Crocs somehow don't get stinky - maybe because they're anti-bacterial, so stinky bacteria can't grow.

I can't say I didn't giggle a little when I read it. :flower3:

I would also think they would slosh around on your feet if they're not snug. I hate shoes that slip off my heel, would these drive me crazy?

The heel strap helps. Cayman is more narrow than Beach, and there are other (and cuter) styles that are more narrow if you have narrow feet.

I'm having a hard time seeing how sweaty feet in a plastic shoe could be comfortable? :confused3 Do y'all wear crocs bare foot or with socks? For those who wear them with orthortics, how do you prevent the orthotics from slipping out?

I wear low socks with my Crocs. I try to match shoe color or skin color to help be a little more aesthetically pleasing. :laughing:
The heel cup is big enough for the orthotics. I don't have any problem with them. I can even wear them in the Mary Janes. But not the flip flops. :laughing: :

I have the same problem as you with high arches and if I don't get good support, my heels kill me. I remember seeing a simillar thread and there were shoes like crocs that had better arch support. I can't remember what they were but maybe somebody else will.

There are some Rx styles that have more support. One is even designed for diabetics.

Wonder if it's your foot shape that determines how comfy they are? I'm hearing a lot of "wide, flat feet" comments here.

I've never tried them, I'll have to do that. Gonna check my local Costco. But I have real high arches that tend to spasm without support (part of the whole plantar fascietis deal, the podiatrist kindly informed me), and I pronate pretty bad. (When my heeled shoes sit lined up in the closet, they are all leaning away from each other 'cause I wore down the outside edge of the soles!)

Gail, Let me know if you find the crocs at Costco. I was at the Silver Lake Store on Monday and I did not see any but I was not looking for them and could of over looked them. Thanks

NO IMO. I am a KEEN lover. I have some Crocs and I will say they have a place in my life, (ie Yard work!) I would never wear them to DL all day. Not nearly enough arch support. Stick with a real shoe.

:)

I'd love to have Keens, but they seem to think no one has wide feet, so I can't throw a hundred bucks or so their way. Bummer for them!

If I wear a shoe with a high arch, I'm in agony almost instantly, so Crocs work very well for me.

:)

I'd love to have Keens, but they seem to think no one has wide feet, so I can't throw a hundred bucks or so their way. Bummer for them!

If I wear a shoe with a high arch, I'm in agony almost instantly, so Crocs work very well for me.

My feet are 11 women and they don't make 11 in womans sizes. So I get mens. This is what I do. First you have to break them in wearing socks. Second don't tighten them (or very little) wear them around town and as they stretch out tighten them as needed.

As for sweaty feet and arch supports slipping out:

A) Wear socks

B) they won't slip out. I bought a pair of cheapo tennis shoes from walmart and swapped out the insouls and put the cheapo ones in my Crocks. They dont' slip out

I am a high arched person who loves my Crocs. The key is changing up my shoe choices though so I wear them for only part of the day. At Disney, I wear them with socks.

As far as the disparaging "plastic" comments, don't knock it 'til you tried it! Crocs are much more than plastic, the resin re-shapes to exactly fit your foot like a custom made shoe.

I've never been able to wear Keens but I did finally find one style I like - the Carmels. I have been wearing them around the house and so far so good. Hoping to take them on the trip.

I'm having a hard time seeing how sweaty feet in a plastic shoe could be comfortable? :confused3

I will state that during the sweaty times, it's not that comfy. :goodvibes But overall they are comfy.

If I start the day in Crocs, I do indeed wear socks, until it gets warm enough. Then I take off the socks. And later in the day I will usually change to my Sauconys. If I start the day with the Sauconys, I'll reverse that order.

My feet are 11 women and they don't make 11 in womans sizes. So I get mens. This is what I do. First you have to break them in wearing socks. Second don't tighten them (or very little) wear them around town and as they stretch out tighten them as needed.

Since I'm only an 8W, finding shoes in men's sizes is not so easy. And with me, stretching a shoe doesn't work if the sole of it isn't actually wide. I landed myself with two NASTY athletic injuries from running in shoes that "ran wide" and that I could stretch to fit...pulled the peroneus longus in first one leg, then the other after the first leg had healed (thank goodness I was on a varsity sport at a school with an athletic training and PT/OT program, b/c I got PT for free!!!). Never again! :goodvibes

Plus I'd want the mary jane Keens, and they, for some crazy reason, don't make those for men!!!:upsidedow

I am totally addicted to Crocs. I wear a size 8M which sometimes tends towards a bit more narrow than medium and my arch is a bit high. I teach special ed and am constantly on my feet. I have an old broken ankle injury, knee injury and I'm old and fat. All reasons for my feet, ankle, knee, legs and back to kill me when I am up and walking especially all day at DL! TEVA's were pretty good for awhile but my feet eventually sank into them and after a few months they needed to be replaced. This doesn't happen with Crocs. The first ones I had were actually fake ones made by BearTrap. They were good but the second day at DL I did end up with a blister on the bottom of my foot where they were rubbing. Since then, I have gotten a few more styles but I went with the authentic Crocs. Here in AZ they sell them at a store called Dillards but we also have kiosks in our malls where there are huge varieties. One reason feet don't sweat is because of the ventilation holes in many styles. I bought one style that didn't have the holes and my feet do get a little damp. Those are the ones I use for yard work. I have 3 or 4 colors of the MaryJanes since they are adorable for school. I lived in a pair of Mammoth this winter since they are lined with the softest fake fur. Living in northern AZ we had a very snowy winter for a change. It was great to wear boots into school and slip into my Mammoth Crocs. You can get some good deals on eBay .....just make sure they are NWT (new with tag). You can wear them with or without socks ..... just depends on the weather and your preferences. Hope this helps!

That would be supination. Pronation is when your feet turn inward (that's what I have - had to wear casts on my feet as a baby, too, to fix it, except my DM couldn't handle putting on the night bar that I was supposed to wear after the casts, so my feet never healed like they were supposed to). :(

Well, no, it IS pronation, says my podiatrist, because yeah, my feet tend to turn inward... thus the weight is on the outside edges of my feet and my soles wear down on that side. I broke my foot 2 years ago and got to know the anatomy of my right foot waayyyyy more than I really wanted to.:sad1:

Rae Rae's mommy: That's my Costco, too! We live about 3 miles from Silver Lake. Rats, so they don't have 'em? I'm not inclined to run down to Kirkland or Aurora Village. Bet they have them somewhere up at the Seattle Outlet Stores in Marysville...? Somehow I'm always more willing to make that trip :rotfl: great shopping!

I'm very glad you already knew that. There are some people who hear all the raves, but then they don't work for their feet, and it's a real letdown! I always feel bad for those people.

Please be careful with what you say, by the way...take it from someone who used to have a tag that went something like "I have obnoxious toe hair"...:rotfl:

Before I knew about the Tag Fairy, I read your tag and thought "Why on earth did she put that toe hair comment above her pic???" :rotfl:
I get it now, YOU didn't;) Oh and... shhhh, I have obnoxious toe hair as well, lol.

Another satisfied croc wearer here! We go to DL for 10 days. Last year I took 3 pair of shoes to swap out throughout the day. After the first couple days I went to wearing only my crocs. I came home with no blisters and my legs did not get all achy as they have in previous years. I did slip in heal cushions as my heals can get sore but they worked just fine and did not slip out. Some days I wore socks and some days not.

I bragged on them enough that my DH had me order a couple new men's styles for him to try. He had to agree that they are the comfiest thing he has ever worn.

Yep, they are ugly but who cares if you are still able to walk at the end of a long day at the park!

If anyone is interested, there is a store online, EASTBAY.COM, that has some mens and kids on sale for $19.99. Most are team colors. Just do a search and a bunch will show up.

I have boat sized feet that are flat as flat can be. I wear a women's 11M. I tried to like crocs. don't work for me either. Somehow I manage to catch my toes on the front holes with each step...they are plenty big, so don't know what my toes are doing reaching up high with each step. I bet they would be super comfy if I was willing to wear them with sox. They are the PERFECT backyard/garden shoes however!!

I haver only tried the Beach ones. I am all bitter that the MAryJanes only go up to size 10, or I'd be trying them!!!

I have boat sized feet that are flat as flat can be. I wear a women's 11M. I tried to like crocs. don't work for me either. Somehow I mange to catch my toes on the front holes with each step...they are plenty big, so don't know what my toes are doing reaching up high with each step. I be tthey would be super comfy if I was willing to wear them with sox. They are the PERFECT backyard/garden shoes however!!

I haver only tried the Beach ones. I am all bitter that the MAryJanes only go up to size 10, or I'd be trying them!!!

I also wear an 11M and bought a size 11 MaryJanes today at our Macy's. My first pair of Crocs! I have had them on my feet since buying them and love them. I went searching for them today after reading everyone raving about them on this thread. I will be doing a quick trip to WDW next weekend and wanted to try something lighter and cooler than tennis shoes.
Anyway,
Yes they DO HAVE maryjanes in women's size 11! :cool1:

I am SO looking for them in an 11!! They only go up to 10 on all the websites I have checked and the clerk at Macy's said that they "don't go up that big in this style" with a big ol' contemptious sneer on her size 6 wearing face!!

I love MaryJanes of all sorts!!! (Dansko/Born/Skechers!!) You make a MaryJane, heck I am gonna wear it!!

Thank you for posting!!!!

I am SO looking for them in an 11!! They only go up to 10 on all the websites I have checked and the clerk at Macy's said that they "don't go up that big in this style" with a big ol' contemptious sneer on her size 6 wearing face!!

I love MaryJanes of all sorts!!! (Dansko/Born/Skechers!!) You make a MaryJane, heck I am gonna wear it!!

Thank you for posting!!!!

You are welcome! Don't you hate wearing 11's ?? I miss my size 10 days (pre-four children)! It was SO much easier to find shoes!

I first tried on some of the Beach style ones but the combo size (10/11) were too small - and the 12/13 were too big!
Good luck in finding them! :)

You are welcome! Don't you hate wearing 11's ?? I miss my size 10 days (pre-four children)! It was SO much easier to find shoes!

I first tried on some of the Beach style ones but the combo size (10/11) were too small - and the 12/13 were too big!
Good luck in finding them! :)

Glad you all are discussing size 11 shoes, that is me as well! Good to know croc's come in that size, if I ever decide to try them:)

Funny how your feet grow during pregancy... with my first I went from a size 9 to a 10 and with my second child I went from a 10 to an 11! SOMETIMES I can squeeze into a 10, just depends on the shoe!

For variety, I sometimes shop in the men's section! It seems they NEVER have size 11 in stock and if they do, it is an ugly shoe. At least if I look at men's shoes... I have a few to pick from!

As far as the disparaging "plastic" comments, don't knock it 'til you tried it! Crocs are much more than plastic, the resin re-shapes to exactly fit your foot like a custom made shoe.

Wow! I sure didn't mean to disparage the Crocs - sorry Crocs! I guess I meant man-made material - my feet (maybe not everyone's) tend to sweat more in man-made materials and I have heard other people comment about feet getting sweaty. While I am not a 'fashionista' I'm also not sure if socks are the right look with Crocs? I seem to fall in one of the demographics for Crocs (wide and flat feet) so perhaps I should give them a try

Before I knew about the Tag Fairy, I read your tag and thought "Why on earth did she put that toe hair comment above her pic???" :rotfl:
I get it now, YOU didn't;) Oh and... shhhh, I have obnoxious toe hair as well, lol.

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

I think my toe hair comment was in the context of a bigger story about an injury as a kid (possibly the accidental dog bite I mentioned on the community board, or the aftermath of stepping into a man-made lake where some classy people had been drinking beer before, and slicing the bottom of my toe) and going to a family reunion on a beach and not being able to get it wet, and having my dad change my bandage every day and each time being in horrid pain b/c the man couldn't figure out to put gauze on TOP of my toe, too! (must have been the toe injury rather than the bite on my heel then)

The tag fairy shows up everywhere (getting paranoid).

Somehow I manage to catch my toes on the front holes with each step...they are plenty big, so don't know what my toes are doing reaching up high with each step.

My mom told me about trying on shoes when she was a kid; they had an xray fluoroscopy box that you stepped into, and you could SEE if your shoes fit or not. She loved that thing. Sounds like it would be interesting to see your feet in such a thing!

But don't do it; she later on got a form of leukemia seen in children and in adults exposed to radiation as children... :scared1:

Funny how your feet grow during pregancy... with my first I went from a size 9 to a 10 and with my second child I went from a 10 to an 11!

Oh no, don't say that! I hold out hope that we'll have more babies, but I really can't handle the idea of being a 9W and only 5'3"! Going to an 8 was hard enough, after being a perfectly fine 7W since I was a teen! nooooooo.

Wow! I sure didn't mean to disparage the Crocs - sorry Crocs! I guess I meant man-made material - my feet (maybe not everyone's) tend to sweat more in man-made materials and I have heard other people comment about feet getting sweaty. While I am not a 'fashionista' I'm also not sure if socks are the right look with Crocs? I seem to fall in one of the demographics for Crocs (wide and flat feet) so perhaps I should give them a try

I meant to put a smiley there, sorry. "Plastic" makes me think of those jelly shoes that re-appear every few years. Besides, the future of the Crocs empire is dependent on reaching skeptics, lol, since sales are flat and I was just doing my part being from the area where they originated. ;)

For the record, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing the Crocs -n- socks combo at home where I might be seen by people who know me. That look is reserved for Disney!

Funny how your feet grow during pregancy... with my first I went from a size 9 to a 10 and with my second child I went from a 10 to an 11! SOMETIMES I can squeeze into a 10, just depends on the shoe!

I have a funny story about pregnancy and shoe size. A friend had told me that her foot grew after her pregnancy. So when I was expecting and needing new shoes, I asked the sales person to measure my feet and then get me a half size bigger and I recall them looking at me like :upsidedow . And then of course, my feet never did get any bigger with the pregnancy and I was left with a pair of shoes that didn't fit! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter