Who's sailing JAN 19th seven day

Thanks to all the GREAT tips about the price reductions this week it looks like we will be going on the 1/19 also! It will be me, DS and DD (8 and 6) and my mom. Someone else said they were going with their mother so maybe we can get the "grandmas" together. We'll probably be driving in that morning. Will confirm details this week. Unbelivable that we get to go again so soon after the October trip - and for a steal of a price under $2400 for 2 adults/2 kids cat. 6!!!!!!!!!!!

Maggie

Gretel,
I have 11 year old DD, Autumn. She loved the kids club last cruise and I'm sure she'll spend lots of time at the kids club on this one too!

IrishCowboy-that is great. I remember now you saying before you had a 11 DD. I also have a 13 year old DD......................

pmgreene & everyone else!!

Yes, I am the one also sailing with my mother!! I am taking her and my DDs (5 &8) as a thank you for all the times she has stayed with my kids. DH and DS (2) will be home having a boys week. I really am looking forward to meeting the DIS group and hope our kids will all get a chance to hook up.

I am leaving the boards for a week :( to go check out the beautiful island of St. John with my DH :D . We will relax, sleep, swim and snorkel for 6 beautiful days. If anyone has any questions about this island I am sure I will become very familiar with it in the next week. I would love to answer any questions about beaches, snorkeling spots or transportation.

I will return on the 18th and check back.

Happy Cruisin' MNmom:jester:

I had no intention of going on a cruise this year (going to WDW in March). I bounce around these boards occasionally to see what's new, and came across the January special. Next thing I know -- my 9-year-old daughter and I are booked on the 1-19-02 sailing of the Magic!!

We have been on the Magic twice before - 3-day back in August '99 and 4-day in February 00. We took a 5-day Carnival cruise in January 01. I was beginning to exhibit cruise withdrawal symptoms, but this 7-day cruise is just the cure I needed! And we will finally get on the Wonder when we take our 3-day cruise in the fall.

Looking forward to meeting some other DISers!
MickeyMagic

I am baaaaack!!! Just back from 6 days on St. John! I would highly recommend everyone to get to this island. Unfortunately, a day trip is not enough time to really see it- I don't think 6 days was long enough either!! But my DH and I have totally fallen in love with St. John and if anyone has any questions I would be glad to help-- maybe I should make this a new thread!?!

Welcome MickeyMagic to the Jan. 19th group. You are right about Jan. being a great time to take a little break from the MN weather. I think there are 3 or 4 of us from MN on this cruise already. I have a DD (almost 9) that is so excited for this cruise she has been practicing snorkeling all summer in the pool.
Are you planning to stay at the Radisson the night before? Would love to have the girls meet before the cruise.

Happy Cruisin' MNmom
:jester:

MNmom --

We are all set for our 1/19 cruise, too! I'm the one that will have my mom along with me and the kids (DS 8 1/2 and DD 6). My mom has never cruised and after we went on and on about the fun we had on our October cruise she was more than ready to go. Maybe we can get a "grandma" group together.... We are from NC so not sure if we'll stop half-way or try to get all the way down on Friday.

Look forward to meeting everyone!

maggie:earsboy:

pmgreene-

Would be great to get our MOMS group together. My DM has no idea what to expect on this vacation. I keep talking about everything we could do and she just says "we'll see when we get there". Boy- will she have a lot to see!!!

It would be great to know some others on the ship. Look forward to meeting everyone!!!!

Happy Cruisin' MNmom
:jester:

MNMom,
Will you be going to St John on our cruise? Would you recomment to do the excursion 'on your own' or take the DCL excursion? I understand that it is cheaper and you get more time on ST John if you do it yourself.

DVC Minnie- Welcome to the Jan. 19th gang. We are growing everyday and I can't wait to put some faces to the names!!

Irish Cowboy- I have not decided about going over to St. John again. My DD(8 1/2) really wants to go see the snorkel trail after she saw all of my underwater pictures from my trip last week. But we might just do Coral World and Coki Beach. May depend on the weather or our mood at the time;) (I did buy a family annual pass to the National Park, just in case!!)

I would completely advise anyone to do St. John on your own!!! It is very easy to do- all of the Taxi's have a set rate and are everywhere. And you have sooooo much more time to relax, snorkel, play in the water and even have lunch in Cruz Bay. As long as you make sure to get the 2pm ferry back to St. Thomas you still have over 4 hours on the island.

We took an all day Catamaran Sail/Snorkel trip last Wednesday and we saw the Waylen Sneed (sp?) leaving trunk bay at 1130. Those were all the Magic people returning to the ship! I think I have heard that you get about an hour on the beach with them rounding everyone up after about 45 minutes.

If you have any more questions about the details of going on your own or need any suggestions for lunch just ask.

Happy Cruisin' MNmom:jester:

I checked the relative availabilty of cabins a few days before the final payment was due for our Jan 19th cruise and some categories were grayed out.

Now that I've made our final payment, I checked the realtive availability again this evening and now all categories are available again. However, the price is no longer at the same bargain basement levels that they were, they look to be $800 higher now.

I'm getting quite an education on DCL pricing practices for this cruise. I would think that since it is now under 60 days for the cruise that they would be interested in booking any cabins that were released by people that had to cancel, and would lower the price. Apparently, they have a good booking pace for last minute cruisers and they don't have to rely on sales like that.

Oh yes, I almost forgot, my Countdown Timer says it is this long until our cruise:

It is now Sunday 11/25/2001 at 1:14:36 AM EST.
Event: DCL 7 Day Cruise January 19, 2002
Scheduled For 01/19/2002 04:59 PM
1 month 24 days 15 hours 44 minutes 24 seconds or
7 weekends or
55 days or
1,335 hours (890 waking hours) or
80,144 minutes or
4,808,663 seconds

I checked the avaiability too. Three days before final payment there were three Cat 3's left. Two days after final payment they were gone. I was wondering if anyone got an upgrade. Our cruise price now is $1200 more than what we paid.

Gretel,
How did you determine how many rooms were available?

Albiats,
Thanks for the countdown!

IrishCowboy.............I actually called DCL and had the CM check different categories. We got upgraded form a Cat 5 to a 4:)

Hi Everyone,

We will be on the Jan 19 also, DH, DD (10) and me! This is our first 7 day cruise. We just did the 4 day last April and again in October and had planned to do the 7 day in April but the price was so cheap and combined with the $99 deal we just could not pass it up. Plus, anything to get out of the frozen north in January! We are flying in the day of the cruise - lots of nerves on my part about bad weather and missing the boat, but it was the only way to get DH to go (less days off work and less days DD misses school). Anyone with school age kids concerned about them missing a week? Hope to see you all there and it will be here before we know it - can't wait!!

Castaway fan-

Because of MLK Day and an inservice day, my son (14) will only be missing three days of school. We originally planned to be on a 3 day this week - and the rest at WDW, but could also not pass up the deal to take our first 7 day. Since he is a straight A student, I consider this a good reward for being a good student!

Every parent makes their own decision, but I have never hesitated to let my son miss a bit of school once a year for some quality family time and memories that we all will never forget!

Can't wiat to try and figure out what we will all do with 7 days -and this is the first cruise with our baby (23 mos). Anyone else out there on the boards have a teen going along? - I am trying to find him some company before we leave -although I am certain (from previous experience on the Wonder) that he will have no trouble once on board!

:confused: As you can tell I am completely confused. This is my first time on a discussion board and my first time on a cruise. My husband, two daughters (11 months and 8 years) and I are going on January 19th. So far I have gleaned some very valuable info from this board; fly in the day before, drive to Cape Canaveral and stay at the Radisson. Also I learned that we should rent our car from Avis because there is a drop off desk at the Radisson. Can anyone give us any more valuable info for a first time cruiser.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter