Who's sailing JAN 19th seven day

tlw- welcome to the Jan. 19th cruise group!! I also have a DD(8) and will be staying at the Radisson the night before- maybe we can all hook up that night.

Sounds like you have the important stuff for getting to the ship. I would also suggest you have some idea about whether or not you are going to go to Palo's and on which night (may depend on which dining rotation you get). Also, if you are interested in any of the spa services you should know which days and general times are your preference. And finally if you are planning to do any of the shore excursions. These three things you will need to get ressie's for as soon as you get on the ship (or as soon as they start taking ressie's--usually around 1245 or 1pm) This is known as the "ressie scramble" and it really helps to have an idea of what your preferences are.

After these are done it is time to RELAX and enjoy the cruise:cool:

Oh yeah- Until the cruise, keep reading these boards and ask any questions you might have. The folks here are very helpful and always kind.

Happy Cruisin' MNmom:jester:

Castaway Fan,
Because of the holiday, my DD (age 11 5th grade) will only miss 4 days of school. I hate for her to miss that many days but I figure she won't miss too much. We'll get her assignments before we leave.

TLW,
Welcome...glad to have you with us! You find many helpful tips on this board.

I am glad to see there will be quite a few kids on our cruise. I was a little concerned when we booked the cruise for January because it is not a school vacation week. We are also taking our DD(7) out of school for 4 days ( 1 day is MLK holiday). She hasn't missed any days so far this year and I think family time is very important.

8 weeks to go!!!

We can now prebook Disney shore excursion.

Call DCL Special Services Desk at 1-877-566-0968 to book your excursion. If you do not have shore excursion information, they will fax you a copy. Your excursions will be charged to your shipboard account. Cancellation policy is 7 days before sail date.

We booked Golden Eagle Catamaran for St. Maarten and will do our own thing in St. Thomas/St. John.

DVC Minnie

We prebooked our excursions last week and are also doing to Golden Eagle Catamaran in St Maarten. We are going on the first one in the morning( don't remember the time).

Hi all!

Is anyone doing the afternoon (12:45) Golden Eagle? I just booked it - we have two boys, ages 12 and 10. Hope to see some of you there!

We're going to be on the Jan 19th cruise!!! I cannot believe it. We've got our plane tickets and are waiting to finalize details with Dreams Unlimited as to our room. So we'll see you there. It will be a blast to see just how much has changed on the 7-night cruise since the inaugural sailing in August 2000.

We are myself (John), DW Sue, MIL Marge, DS James (14yo) and DD Sarah (12yo). This is going to be our Christmas present to the kids. They are going to flip.

Jhalkias - Even though we are practically neigbors here in NE Ohio, I think it will be a blast to finally meet you and your family aboard the Magic.

Towncrier-

Great News!

Perhaps our sons can get together! Can't wait to meet you and your family. We are spending the night at the GF the night before and the night after. (long story - originally booked with DVC and cancelled due to great deals from DU - so . . . I had 198 RES points to burn) We are renting a car from Avis to drive to and from.

Let us know what category you are in, and what stateroom. We are in Cat 4 - toward the rear of the ship. Are you on early dining rotation?

We are counting the days - what a great time to get out of NE Ohio!

Now I have to decide if we want to look into excursions now - did not originally know you could pre-book.

We might end up in a Cat4 room. It all depends on what DU can work out for us. On our first cruise we were in 8554 (midship). We are waitlisted for the early dining rotation so with a little luck and a lot of pixie dust, we might get in. As soon as I hear back from DU regarding cabin assignments, I'll let you all know.

Towncrier --

"We are myself (John), DW Sue, MIL Marge, DS James (14yo) and DD Sarah (12yo). This is going to be our Christmas present to the kids. They are going to flip. "

My mother is accompanying me and my DS (8) and DD (6) on the Magic 1/19. MNMom will have her mom as well. I've told my mom what a great experience this is and how she'll be able to do whatever she feels like doing. It would be great if we can get some of the mom/MIL's together.

maggie

:) Our family is also cruising Jan. 19th! We're from Minnesota and are looking forward to a warm vacation. We are myself, DH, DD(turning 7 on the cruise!) and DS (18 mo.). I'm a little anxious about bringing a toddler on this trip, but it sounds like there will be plenty to keep him busy.

I'm going to call today to book the Golden Catemaran for myself and my daughter, probably the afternoon trip (during my son's naptime!). I'm very excited about this trip and have spend many hours reading this board and learning so much!

Our first was a 4 day in April 2000, which seems like forever ago. We are finally returning to our long-awaited 7 day with the same friends. Hey, Boardwalk III, we may have to hook up, as we are bringing three boys, ages 9, 10, & 11.

When I told my son's teacher about our trip, she gave me "the look". It was classic!!! At any rate, we aren't letting the kids off the hook entirely, as we will be bringing books and assignments with us. But it's a small price to pay.

WOW!!!

We are going to have a great time with all of these DISers on this cruise. Our list is growing every day. Sure hope we can work out a big DIS meet early on in the cruise so we can get to know some of these great people and then see some familiar faces. I know my DM (mom) would love to meet some other "grandmas" on board and I would sure love to have some adult conversation--other than my mother!!

julie junebug- welcome another fellow MN cruiser. (we are not too far from you in Plymouth) I love to come back in Jan. with a great tan. I am also thinking about taking my DD (8) on the Golden Eagle but I think we will do the morning trip and then meet up with my mom and DD (5) for lunch and shopping in the afternoon. Are you flying down the night before? We are, and staying at the Radisson. I think some of us are going to try to meet that night at the pool so we can meet and the kids can swim and get to know each other a bit. I hope it is warm down there in Jan!!

Happy Cruisin' MNmom:jester:

Dear Julie J,

This is our first cruise with a toddler too - my daughter will be 23 months during this cruise. We too hope that we can keep her occupied and happy for all 7 days - originally we were taking the 3 day Wonder on the same week, but could not pass up the fantastic deals available on the 7 day! I'm sure that we will run into each other at the "Mickey" pool, where I expect I will be spending a lot of time this trip!:smooth:

We have a group of 6 adults and 10 kids coming - ages range from 2 to 8. Looking forward to fun - with and without the kids!!!
Look for people with Martha's Vineyard T-Shirts;)

If anyone wants to email me, I will put together a list of all of us.

Please include names, ages, Cat or Deck # and where you are coming from. Once the list is compiled i can email it back to everyone. I will post a last call date later. You may also want to include your DIS name.

Thanks
Lucy
aka gretel

Lisa

Lucy

Thanks so much for doing this. I have sent my info to you and look forward to seeing "the list"!

MickeyMagic

Thanks so much for doing this. This is no small task as our list is growing longer and longer every day.

I have sent you my list and look forward to meeting some fellow DISers on this great trip.

Happy Cruisin' MNmom :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter