Who's going in June?

We just started planning an early June trip. This will be a graduation trip for my daughter who is earning a BA and also me, earning a BS (at age 55). We are planning 4 days at DL with a mid-week break, and a day at Universal.
I am going on a mother-daughter trip June 23-25. So excited!!!

:wave2: We'll be at Candy Cane Inn 6/25 through 7/1. Looking forward to another fun trip!

We will be there the last week of June and I'm so bummed about Fantasmic. Can someone post a confirmed list of closures?

We are going to be there end of June. Does anyone know if for onsite guests you are still lining up with everyone else and just going left or right depending on the park for Early entry? Do they still not have an EE line?

We are going to be there end of June. Does anyone know if for onsite guests you are still lining up with everyone else and just going left or right depending on the park for Early entry? Do they still not have an EE line?
You can up EE video's but they let everyone in the park early and you go to the far right of main street as you get to the end of he street and they will check your tickets and you then are allowed in 30 mins before everyone else

You can up EE video's but they let everyone in the park early and you go to the far right of main street as you get to the end of he street and they will check your tickets and you then are allowed in 30 mins before everyone else
Thanks. Yea that is how it was the last two times we went a couple of months ago. I thought maybe they had reopened the EE gates.

Yes, still no EE line. However, for DCA if you enter through the PPH entrance you are just in the park and able to access everything because you are all hotel guests.

Yes, still no EE line. However, for DCA if you enter through the PPH entrance you are just in the park and able to access everything because you are all hotel guests.
Yea that entrance just doesn't work for what we are doing. We have some who would first like to do web slingers since they have not done it yet and it seems to be all the way on the other side. We will use the main entrance instead if GCH entrance.

Yea that entrance just doesn't work for what we are doing. We have some who would first like to do web slingers since they have not done it yet and it seems to be all the way on the other side. We will use the main entrance instead if GCH entrance.
It is across the park but we rode it first and walked on without issue. It may be worth it depending on where you are staying, what time you are in line, etc.

It is across the park but we rode it first and walked on without issue. It may be worth it depending on where you are staying, what time you are in line, etc.
We are staying at GCH. Last time we were there which was almost a year ago the line at GCH entrance was longer than just going out to DTD and going through the main entrance. They had just opened the PP entrance by goofys Sky school and I think only PP guest were using it. I guess we will see what seems the quickest but maybe the PP entrance might be quick given it will be only resort guests and not everyone like at DL

We were there June 4-9 and used GCH entrance and rode webslinger's first, and we were a straight walk on and one of the first handful of people to ride.

GCH security started up at 7:15 and they let you into the park at 7:30. We got in line around 6:45 and were between 6-10th family in line. Plenty of time to get through security and still be waiting for 5-10 minutes at the rope.

We went left out of the rope (red line) and had to scan through with just our room key by the fountain (yellow highlight, stay to the right side)GCH to Web.png which took 5 seconds to get back into the early entry part. I've attached a map showing what we did.

Help! Are any of my June friends in DCA today and can snag me the conductor ear hat in the adult size?? I've been stalking these forever and can't bring myself to pay reseller prices 🥲 Someone posted they're back at the Five and Dime. I will cover all costs...let me know if you can!!!

Brief trip report from June 18th to June 25th. We had 5 park days (hoppers), 1 day on an OC beaches tour and 1 day on a Hollywood/LA tour.

We really loved CA in general. Other than some cloudy/cool mornings our first couple of days, the weather was great. You definitely need that light jacket at night, though.

I'm glad I didn't buy Genie+ with our ticket purchase because I only wound up purchasing it 3 days so that saved some money over purchasing it all 5 days with the tickets. We bought one ILL and that was for Radiator Springs Racers so we could all experience it as a family the first time. We rode it again another day using the single riders line when the standby wait was around 70 minutes and we literally walked right on the ride.

We stayed at the Residence Inn Anaheim Convention Center and it was perfect -- I think the MOST it ever took us was 15 minutes to security, but we're moderate/fast walkers. The hotel was great and I'd highly recommend.

It was a little disorienting at first being in DL if you're used to WDW/MK -- it kind of felt like a dream -- like all the surroundings were very familiar and basically set up the same way, but not exactly like how you know it. It was a nice change!

We all thought Space Mountain was better at DL. BTMRR was probably a little better too. POTC was longer, but does anyone know why the scents aren't piped in like on the MK version? Maybe they just weren't the two times we rode. Haunted Mansion...I think that one is a toss-up, but I liked being on a slightly different version. We had no hitchhiking ghosts either time, though. I loved being able to ride Mr. Toad again after all of these years of it missing from WDW (and Snow White). I enjoyed Alice. Indiana Jones was probably my favorite ride in the park -- so fun! At DCA, loved the Incredicoaster and Radiator Springs Racers. Monsters, Inc. was cute too. Terrible queue for TSMM. Webslingers was meh. But overall, I liked the park. LOVED World of Color. I didn't want to pay for a dessert/dining package, so we watched from Lamplight Lounge one night and the virtual queue another night. The virtual queue wins -- you really need to see it from the front.

Table service restaurants were: Blue Bayou, Lamplight Lounge, Cafe Orleans, and Carnation Cafe. Oh, and we also ate at Tortilla Jo's in Downtown Disney. Tortilla Jo's was so-so, but all the others were very good. Blue Bayou is too expensive, but I wanted to try it. I felt the counter service restaurants to be pretty pricey too (which I wouldn't mind as much if the portions were bigger), but I haven't been to WDW since 2021, so it may be the same there now too, I don't know. Churros are better at DL -- normally never get them at WDW.

That's about it. Will definitely go back out there again in the future. We didn't need 5 days. Three-day hoppers probably would've been perfect. LOVED California, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter