Who's doing the "mom" contest that was announced?

I hope someone from the board wins! Lets all post when someone gets any kind of notification!

I so should win that contest. I know I won't, because it was too hard to put it all in the word count...but guess what I'm doing right now? Planning a friends WDW trip!!! She told me she figured it would cost $3500 for her family of 5! (one infant). I'm like...no way. So I'm breaking down all the aspects of her trip. I mean, if it costs my family 1500 all inclusive with three, there's no way 2 kids would add 2000!:rotfl:

It depends on which resort they are staying at and which one you are staying at. Also it looks like you child is an infant from the picture so right there you are saving the price of a ticket and meals.

It depends on which resort they are staying at and which one you are staying at. Also it looks like you child is an infant from the picture so right there you are saving the price of a ticket and meals.

Yeah, they want it to be cheapest...so values are fine with them, as long as they travel when the 3rd is still an infant. My DD pic is actually 2 years old! I just won 2nd place at a photo comp 2 weeks ago with that pic so I added it.

and I hope someone from here gets picked...I'm a single parent as well...
I think they will likely try to pick a diverse group...I can't even imagine sifting through 10,000 applications...but I do think its a wonderful idea!!

I entered last week. I wish I could redo my answers I've thought of a few things I should have said and didn't. Oh well, It's hard to describe yourself in words, I wish we could have submitted videos.

Good luck everyone!

I applied, too! I was really excited when I saw the opportunity and didn't even read the details. I didn't know there was a free trip and/or if there was any sort of compensation. I just thought it sounded like a lot of fun and perfect for me because I am a Disney freak, mommy, and love to research and plan!

I would really love to hear that DIS Member is chosen to be on this forum...I hope more than one!:hippie:

How did everyone answer the questions? I guess I'm starting to 2nd guess myself! hahah! I wanted to go for 'different' and strayed from the noem. I just felt they would be reading thousands that all started out with:

I'm 27...mom of 3...name is Michelle...kind of thing, so I made each of the 3 questions into a story. I felt I wanted something different, to stand out amongst all the apps. but now i'm not sure.

I did the normal thing, but tried to include interesting things...like how DD calls herself Cinderalex, or how I helped plan my potential employer's vacation during a job interview.

I included previous work with Disney as a Cast Member, the number of trips, the conversion of my DH from Disney loather to lover. The importance of family and that is what vacations are about when you have kids. My work as a writer and using my last trip to write for my magazine about taking two toddlers to WDW.

I am doing this all by memory by the way and have slept since then!

I included all that too, but I made it sounds different! hahah! I don't know. I too was a former cast member, then I wrote about being there during all teh seasons, staying at all level resorts, being there during a hurricane, planning grand gatherings for 75, being married there, going with 1 infant, then 2 toddlers and then going pregnant and going with grandparents....I can't think of what else I included. I saved it to WORD, where i fooled around with it a bit, but I can't find the file now!! grr..

Its it strange of me to want the "honor" of being part of the panel more than the trip?

nope, Im there with you. I would just be thrilled to be a prt of that even if the trip wasnt included.

I just read that Disney closed the contest early due to overwhelming response. I was rewriting and rewriting my responses, and now I have to trash it! Oh well, I never win anything anyway.

From AllEars:

http://www.allearsnet.com/news/hnews.htm#090607

Walt Disney World Resort is Looking for a Few Good Moms

9/14/07: Contest is now closed, per the official Disney site: "We have reached our maximum capacity of 10,000 applications. Therefore, our application period has concluded at this time. Your interest in the panel is very important to us. Please come back in January and meet the panelists, ask your questions and learn how to get the most from your vacation! Thanks for visiting!"

I put mine in at 5:00am Friday morning, just before I left for the airport and WDW. Soooo glad I decided to do that!

I wrote mine trying to be somewhat creative while also covering all the bases about my family. I used a Jeff Foxworthy approach, "If your daughter's kindergarten teacher ends your parent-teacher conference after 5 minutes so that she can ask you about WDW, you might be a Disney World Mom!" I don't know if it will win me anything, but it sure was fun writing everything down and re-living all the memories!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter