WHO YA GONNA CALL" 29 NIGHTS OF GHOSTBUSTERS, MONSTERS & MORE - A 2019 HHN/SFR/RPR TR

I got so far behind, all caught up now!

Sorry your Birthday dinner wasn’t the best. I love your new purse, that is one of my favorite colors! Along with purple!

Sorry Minions made you feel yucky, I go in spurts with this happening to me. I really felt this way on our first night at IOA/US.

What is wrong with some restaurants? Lombards staff was rude and why on earth was the window seat such a problem when no one was even in there. I would have left like you all did

I love all your pictures and your different beach town visits. You have had a few misses with dining, however most of the places have been hits!
I forgot to say I love Hushpuppies yum! I wish I had some right now!

Another Hush Puppy fan!!!! Real comfort food if ever there was such a thing!!!

Thanks.....yes, I love that purse....and me too with the colours!! Grey and purple......we did one of the spare bedrooms those shades last year....oh I wish I had done our bedroom that way!! It`s a beautiful room!!!

I`m so disappointed with Minions. Yes, isn`t it horrible when it hits you like that.....

Lombards wasn`t a nice experience, so we`ll just avoid it now for a long time, but it all seemed so unnecessary. And later we did have a lovely secondary birthday dinner.......all coming up!!!

Glad you`re still enjoying reading Caroline....... :wave2:

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 18TH

Today we woke up with not a clue what we were going to do.......and we love that! I always remember someone saying they hate not having a plan as they`d rather not waste time deciding at the last minute.......er, ok......I`ll happily lose those two or three minutes than have a scaled master plan or spread sheet.......I still can`t believe folks actually do that.....but, whatever makes you happy. I know our way of vacationing is not for everyone.

Before I was even properly awake, I said to Tom, do you want to do the Orlando Eye this morning......ok was the response.....morning decided.

As we were in no rush again today, we took our time to get ready, although our housekeeper knocked on the door a little later.....we are usually gone by this time......we said we`d only be 5 minutes. And we were. We put our sunscreen on so we didn`t need to come back again so we didn`t disturb her.

Breakfast was fairly busy this morning, so we ate a few items, Tom had coffee with his usual croissants with honey, and water for me with some continental meats, watermelon and some mini muffins. Not a bad way to start the day.

We thought we might have a drive to Downtown Kissimmee this morning first, just one of these places we hadn`t properly ventured to before.....we had got lost in that area before however!!! So we just wanted to see how it was.......so we got the car and headed off for a little expedition to Kissimmee.

We did put the satnav on and it took us a rather strange way we thought, but we followed it anyway and it took us to be driving down Universal Boulevard. Then we turned into Sand Lake Road, as if you were heading to the Florida Mall and in the distance we could see the flashy blue lights in the distance.....so we thought there had been an accident. As we got closer, traffic had more or less come to a standstill, but we were moving slowly.

I could see two officers standing in a grass verge beside some buildings as we got closer, and we saw there were five Sheriff`s cars parked up, all lights flashing.......I was looking at the vehicles, and Tom said to me.......whatever you do don`t look left............

So, of course, as I never seem to do as I`m told.......I look left. Sadly a man had just been discovered murdered at the scene. He was close enough you could make out his whole body and that he had suffered some trauma, I thought it was a red shirt he had on, but no. You could see his face clearly and you could see he was obviously dead. The Officers had recently arrived and hadn`t been able to cover the body up yet since it was a crime scene. It wasn`t the nicest way to start the day, but of course a man had died in whatever circumstance and that was incredibly sad. When I checked the internet later, it did confirm it was murder and named the man. But haven`t read any updates since.

Well, we didn`t really feel like doing much now. To see a dead body like that was horrible. I did hope they got him removed as soon as possible.

We did drive to Kissimmee and to be honest we wandered around for a short time and left. There really isn`t that much there.

We drove to the Orlando Eye and put the sad start to the day behind us at this point. Although we`ve done this a few times, we had an ulterior motive for going up today......we wanted to see the land that was going to be the new Universal Park, and we`d be able to get some kind of a view from up here.

It`s well priced, and we said if Kyle wanted to do it again in December, we`d just get a private pod, especially if it was busy. So far, every time we have gone on this, we`ve been lucky to be on our own, and preferred it that way. The pods are quite small on this Eye, the ones on the London Eye are fairly large and hold much more people. So no real chance of getting on your own there. We must have had around another 20 or so people in there with us when we went up the London Eye.

i-G7mpJtg-X2.jpg

They have a few food options here, all cafeteria style which we`ve never tried and they don`t really appeal to us, but they seem popular.

There are a couple of other things to do here including a small Seaworld which we wouldn't go into and a Madame Tussauds.....but, if you`ve been to one Tussaud`s you`ve seen them all.

i-HZjndWF-X2.jpg

i-Wr2kWx8-X2.jpg

Before you go in you get a small bag check and then a photographer tries to get you to pose for pictures, we never bother with that on this.....but he did take a little offense because we didn't want any. Always a simple no thank you.......

A couple in front of us are loaded on just as we come through and again, we`ll get a pod to ourselves. I think we would have anyway as there are hardly any folks around.....I don't think we had ever seen it mobbed, and I guess because of the time we visit.

i-hXCWj6T-X2.jpg

i-R599vtJ-X2.jpg

Considering I don`t like heights, I quite like this.......as long as I can hold on to something I`m fine. And I do grip on like grim death!!!! And this picture was taken before we go too high...…..

i-Bm7dXNx-X2.jpg

I`m posting this picture but it makes me ill just looking at it......call it therapy!!!! But, it doesn`t work......

I do know when I do look over something high, everything does go kind of funny......and it`s not nice...

However, it doesn`t affect me when I`m on a plane funnily enough......usually bridges or tall buildings.......Tom has video of me up at the top of the Eiffel Tower years ago, the first time we went up it together.......I`m almost hugging the wall!!! But, I did it........

I do however, hate seeing anyone standing close to the edge of anything that`s high.......

::yes::

I do spend most of my time sitting in the middle and clinging to the metal pole......it does look ridiculous.......

i-G9vT4Cs-X2.jpg

i-9RDjgB4-X2.jpg

The views are very nice, and much better during the day than at night, or so I`m told. You can see for miles on a clear day, well past the airport and beyond.

This is Lockheed Martin which is going to have a new theme park as a neighbour soon.

i-KVGvMTq-X2.jpg

i-mL8s5GF-X2.jpg

i-bvDkZLZ-X2.jpg

Looking to the other side these new apartments have popped up over the last year right beside Wal-Mart, it was just barren land before and you can see all the way down Turkey Lake Road is going to be developed too. It used to be deserted several years back save for one timeshare building down the bottom end near LBV. Now, there are villas and apartment buildings alongside new hotels too.

The change of scenery and landscape over the last few years has been incredible.

i-qZKDvSR-X2.jpg

I can move off the middle seat.......and I don`t even look nervous!!!

i-DzwWvZw-X2.jpg

The next few are just a couple of images of the land being prepared for Universals new theme park due to open in 2023...….you can really see the huge amount of work going on here already and has been going on for over a year here.......we wondered what they were doing there a few years back before anything had been announced.

You can see how massive a piece of land it is now it`s been properly cleared........and I really don`t think the pictures do the size justice.

i-dmPdJ52-X2.jpg

i-bSd9nSh-X2.jpg

i-6h5hBpX-X2.jpg

i-jCMFFc7-X2.jpg

Tom insists I get a picture to prove I can stand up on my own...….he`s a hoot!!!

i-9Pdtjz9-X2.jpg

You are on it around 30 minutes, it doesn't feel as if you`re moving really, so if you are a little wary of heights and movement, it`s not too bad. However, if you have a genuine death type of fear of heights, this won`t be for you...…we do like it and enjoy it, despite the vice like death grip I have on the metal pole!!!

Outside of the Eye, the grounds are very pretty......there is a beautiful water display which we didn`t manage to capture, it does look lovely at night all lit up. As does the whole place look lovely then. And it is always quite a vibrant place to spend some time.

i-CcH9qxL-X2.jpg

i-XkZM3s7-X2.jpg

We could barely take this as the sun was incredibly bright today and in our face too......

i-XqVtfRG-X2.jpg

i-hJzF3nL-X2.jpg

Up next.....lunch and HHN.

Last edited:

Lunch today was an old favourite.

Yellow Dog Eats in Gotha, which is around a 20 minute drive from RP, so not far at all. This place is unique to say the least, and we discovered it a few years ago on a recommendation. We almost drove past it as it is in quite an unusual place for an establishment like this.

The guy who owns it is incredibly nice and says they don`t get a huge amount of tourists, and some of the locals like it like that way, can`t say I blame them.....places like this are wonderful and quite different from what you get nearer the parks usually.

It sits in such a quiet little place, we never expected it to be so busy the first time we visited.....but we soon saw why when we enjoyed the food.

It is predominantly a sandwich place, but not like most folks think of sandwiches.....they do ribs too which we`ve had before but the sandwiches are all unique and a little bit different.

i-mGQC3SJ-X2.jpg

i-TpbLPNV-X2.jpg

We park round the back where there is plenty of parking, but they do have an overflow car park across the street, I`m guessing maybe at night that`ll be needed.

There is lots of outdoor seating, actually most of the seating is outdoor and only a few seats inside, with some seating at the bar.

i-QKpVcH3-X2.jpg

i-XMTjDjf-X2.jpg

i-2sJcfGq-X2.jpg

i-pv7rDfP-X2.jpg

They are very dog friendly, there are pictures of dogs from all over the world, people bring pictures of their pets and put them on the wall, some scrawl a message too which is completely acceptable, and encouraged.

i-W87NcR5-X2.jpg

They also sell some amazing jars and bottles of sauce, which we have purchased in the past, and are delicious.

i-9bP9mjR-X2.jpg

You order at the counter, pay and then they call your name over the loudspeaker and usually there`s a funny comment to go along with your order. If you have soda, it`s a help yourself as often as you like from the machine in the restaurant.

There`s also a full bar which has the most unique wines and beers I`ve ever seen......but not today......soda for us.

i-N45NQT9-X2.jpg

Tom had ordered the Black forest Hambone......Ham, smoked gouda cheese, smoked pineapple, smokey mustard and Cointreau mayonnaise.....but omitted that type of mayo for spicy mayo.

i-pdLnFDN-X2.jpg

I went with my favourite….The Rufus.....pulled pork that had been piled high, lots of Brie, jalapenos, cherry pepper rings, raspberry melba sauce and their own Golds Barbecue sauce......you can add bacon, or weirdly......fruit loops!!!!!

Fruit Loops????

No fruit loops.

i-wwdfKC6-X2.jpg

Everything is delicious...….Tom`s sandwich is his best sandwich ever...I do get a bit of the pineapple and it is amazing!!! He loved the ham and cheese together and I`ve never seen him enjoy a sandwich so much!!!

My Rufus is the best!!!! Pulled Pork, Brie and jalapenos.....can`t ask for better.....and a little pot of coleslaw too.....

He did suggest at first we share and go halves on each of them...….

I did have a little Joey doesn't share food moment!!! In truth, I don't like and can`t eat the bread he had, but he does love mine apart from too many jalapenos......thing is Tom would share anything of his with me, but I am a little selfish when it comes to this sandwich!!!

Although we are basically full, we did want to share a slice of coconut cake....it really is beautiful here and honestly, one slice is enough between two......

It is so sweet and such a strong coconut flavour…...we absolutely love this cake...well, anything coconut will work for us!!!

i-mrD7r3m-X2.jpg

They do have an amazing bakery and everything looks so tempting. We have tried a few things, one of the nicest after the coconut cake is the butter bar!!!! Oh my......it is cake perfection!!!! And I`ve heard very few calories......in fact they don`t contain any calories I`ve been assured........

i-PpkmcBw-X2.jpg

i-qvfLGLJ-X2.jpg

i-7QXCpzP-X2.jpg

i-wB8GgMK-X2.jpg

Everything is gorgeous.....we love this place, staff are beyond nice and have a genuine quirkiness about them....it`s not just a run of the mill sandwich place. And the food is worth a drive, even though it`s not too far from Universal.

i-v63MTXF-X2.jpg

We leave and head back down to the hotel area, and we decide last minute to go do a bit of shopping in Bed Bath & Beyond......we really shouldn't be shopping......we still have almost two weeks to go, and a lot of shopping to do in that time, so we did what all sensible folks do.....we went anyway.

To be fair we didn`t buy much......just a couple of little kitchen implements and maybe a towel or two........they wouldn`t take up much room in the cases....we hoped!!

We spent a couple of hours mooching around a couple of stores, then headed home for the evening. We were doing HHN later, so we were in no rush to go anywhere.

We love the lobby and entrance to RP.......and we hoped it wouldn`t change much in the next phase of the refurb.

i-zFxMBmh-X2.jpg

i-wqL73hZ-X2.jpg

We already knew they were keeping the elephants in the centre, although many of the folks we know questioned the theme of the hotel now.....do they still fit in? They are part of the core of the hotel.

i-GcCJhW7-X2.jpg

i-tzGWqhf-X2.jpg

i-MLQ9pGV-X2.jpg

i-mB53f7Q-X2.jpg

We passed half an hour or so in the room, we got changed and headed up to the lounge to sit before getting the boat to Studios. The pool had been closed this afternoon as it had rained with thunder and lightning for two hours

Tonight was Mediterranean night, not that we were eating anything, we planned to eat in Citywalk later, but this dish was surprisingly popular...…it was shrimp and sausage paella...…with the usual side dishes and a fresh salad.

i-mBcQDc8-X2.jpg

i-jrDgDzs-X2.jpg

i-Zz35SLj-X2.jpg

We did enjoy a couple of glasses of wine tonight as neither of us was driving anywhere, and enjoyed some lovely chats with staff and guests alike tonight......there were some lovely friendly people in the lounge who enjoyed a chat too.

Some folks like to chat, some don't. We find most people do like to have a conversation or two and many times we`ve sat for ages chatting to someone we`ve just met.

But, soon enough it was time for us to head off for another night of horror and fun!!!

HHN coming up...…..

Last edited:
Fruit Loops? Lol

Nice shot of the park-to-be!

Oh April....they are little bites of heaven wrapped up in delight and served with happiness!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:
you either love them or hate them :). I’m in the latter camp. Was told by southern friends the name came by what the treat was designed to do...hush the puppies around the fish camps who were begging for food. Not sure if true, but liked the sound of the story:). will say only one of my dogs over the years would touch the ones that Long John Silvers insists on adding to their take out meals.

i use ready made Heinz cocktail sauce as a dipper on many things. Just the right amount of bite for me.

Fruit Loops? Lol

Nice shot of the park-to-be!

you either love them or hate them :). I’m in the latter camp. Was told by southern friends the name came by what the treat was designed to do...hush the puppies around the fish camps who were begging for food. Not sure if true, but liked the sound of the story:). will say only one of my dogs over the years would touch the ones that Long John Silvers insists on adding to their take out meals.

i use ready made Heinz cocktail sauce as a dipper on many things. Just the right amount of bite for me.

Yes, the view from the Eye over to the new park is impressive. And it does look bigger in real life.......it’s huge!

Now, I’d have guessed you’d have liked Hush Puppies.....and that’s the story I was told as to the name too. Although if your dogs wouldn’t eat them.....makes you wonder!

Love that as cocktail sauce....... :thumbsup2

The Orlando Eye does look like it would be great thing to do. Those views are pretty impressive. I know with pictures it is hard to get the whole view on how large the area really is...but in those pictures...it looks pretty big...which is awesome!

Your lunch joint, looks like my type of place. I would probably pass on anything with a fruit ( especially the pineapple :crazy2: ) on a burger. I don't think I would try anything with a fruity thing in it. But that's just me. But the selection of desserts...OH MY :hyper2: That is a pretty impressive selection. I'm just weird when it comes to fruit on my more savory dishes. But I'm pretty sure I would be able to find something to eat there.

And I've never had a hush puppy :o but it sounds like something that I would like!!!!

The Orlando Eye does look like it would be great thing to do. Those views are pretty impressive. I know with pictures it is hard to get the whole view on how large the area really is...but in those pictures...it looks pretty big...which is awesome!

Your lunch joint, looks like my type of place. I would probably pass on anything with a fruit ( especially the pineapple :crazy2: ) on a burger. I don't think I would try anything with a fruity thing in it. But that's just me. But the selection of desserts...OH MY :hyper2: That is a pretty impressive selection. I'm just weird when it comes to fruit on my more savory dishes. But I'm pretty sure I would be able to find something to eat there.

And I've never had a hush puppy :o but it sounds like something that I would like!!!!

We love meat with fruit!!! Apart from steak.....strictly nothing touches that...….but yes, you are either are a fruit with meat person, or you aren't.....I`m definitely a pineapple on pizza gal!!! But, I can understand those that don't like it......

Oh you need to try a hush puppy......very moreish!!!

It is a fabulous place, and they don't put fruit in everything......the desserts are fabulous. We told the owner a few visits ago his coconut cake is miles better than 4Rivers.....which is amazing! He was pretty happy to hear that...…..

It is a huge piece of land. Plans don't show how large it really is, it`s going to be phenomenal!!! :wave2:

You are brave! I am not sure I could handle the Eye! I probably won't bother for Orlando. If I ever get to London, I might have to convince myself to do it.
I went on a ferris wheel with my son at a local festival, and it was not crowded, so we got our money's worth with an extra long ride (we might have gotten to go through a few extra cycles). I just kept thinking that I really didn't need the ride to last that long LOL Of course, I had to act like I was calm for my son.
I guess I could tell myself that the Eye is a lot safer than a local carnival.

As we headed down to the boat tonight, we commented it did feel a little cooler than it had been earlier today...….it had been 92F earlier, tonight it went down to 78F.....I was almost at the point of being cold!!!

We headed off to what Tom had renamed as Universal`s Not so Scary Halloween Party...….sadly this years, apart from a couple of houses, hadn't been of the usual level of fear...….the name seemed apt somehow....it`s very rare for Tom to comment like this, but although we still loved the event it hadn't been the same as previous years, especially the earlier years we had gone to.

But, all the same, we planned to have a good evening tonight...….

We made our way in the hotel guest entrance and straight into the least scary zone ever.....

I was looking so far ahead tonight, I didn`t even see this guy in front of me, and let out a screech when I did focus on him...…lol......Tom didn't catch the jump back on camera.......he wished he did!!!!

i-zJZBV6p-X2.jpg

i-Pbr6m56-X2.jpg

The SA were good as ever, but lacked the fear factor. Even when it was dark, it just didn't work as a scare zone....well, for us, I`m guessing there were many people who did enjoy it.

i-jLZ9Bc5-X2.jpg

We went straight to Ghostbusters first which was showing a 25 minute regular line wait, we got on in less than 5 minutes........and again the house was a lot of fun. I have to say, I did like the Stay Puft Man......but, I think they could have done it slightly better.....I`m not sure how as I`m not a design team person, but I`m sure it could have been better.

The house was as good as always, but the guys who herd you along were a little forceful tonight for want of a better word. When you are walking as fast as the line allows, you really don`t need to be yelled at to keep moving......we noticed in a few houses some of them were more keen than others at shouting out keep moving. The guy behind us asked him where did he expect us go..... It`s not as though we were stopping, the line was moving. Most of the TM are excellent, but we did notice one or two who seemed to enjoy being more animated than others.

i-gPWTbzd-X2.jpg

You may wonder why I`ve taken pictures of bathrooms...….well, it does say Beware...…..

The guys who worked this area were very funny!!! And caught more than a few people out!!

i-MZGPd4w-X2.jpg

The Yeti showed 40 minutes and we walked straight on, only stopping for a few seconds while the Yeti`s changed shifts. Love this house!!!

Those guys in that house were magnificent......so much to take in and so much going on around the house......the scares were excellent and we timed it well tonight to see the excellent scene at the beginning with the yeti and the man laid on the bench......it looked amazing, if a little gory.

i-WDpGs3M-X2.jpg

US showed a 25 minute wait, and again, we walked on.....and we loved this house tonight. It was creepy and everything it should be. I wished it had been as good the first night we saw it. It was excellent, but I still never ranked it higher and I`m not sure why......maybe because I didn`t really enjoy the movie, I`m not sure.

i-WjjLZZS-X2.jpg

i-V3pVWXX-X2.jpg

i-dTjWtJ6-X2.jpg

It was busy now...….not as many young teens screeching tonight, but so many pushchairs and young children. SA for the most part, do avoid the little ones, but it`s not always possible....and one TM told us later they had seen a woman trip over a pushchair avoiding a SA. Maybe that'll change next year but I doubt it...….

i-jzr63XV-X2.jpg

Back into the Hellbilly zone is fun!! SA really got into their roles every single time and their enthusiasm was infectious.

i-cVRZfwq-X2.jpg

We wanted to watch the AOV show tonight, and it was just a little early, so we had a quick wander into Potter for a while.....

i-FBDfTpz-X2.jpg

i-XBKPgWX-X2.jpg

We do love Diagon Alley at night, with HHN there`s a few folks rumbling around, but it`s never usually that busy. It`s an ideal way for folks who haven't been to the parks but do go to HHN as a chance to see Potter in the Studios.

i-ST7Lfqp-X2.jpg

i-9CLCQB3-X2.jpg

We don`t do Gringotts tonight, mainly because we wanted to see the next showing of AOV and usually the rides don't take precedence on these nights.

i-p5X5WF8-X2.jpg

i-z7ZZ8cd-X2.jpg

i-qMCWC2r-X2.jpg

i-kPwN3zc-X2.jpg

We did do AOV. I didn`t particularly care for it. I hated the contortionist guy......that is freaky!!! It was a bit like a train crash though....I couldn't not look...…..

I did wonder how much the dancers were utilised from previous years and something just didn`t grip us with the show which we had previously enjoyed.

I hate to say it, but we were the two people who didn't stay till the end of this show.....and I`ve never done that before. We kept saying please bring back a very funny Bill and Ted for next years anniversary year...…

The TM let us out and we headed back towards the Hellbilly Zone......we weren't doing the back houses tonight, we`d do them another night, so we were just mooching around now...…and enjoying just relaxing with nowhere to rush to.

i-pb2TvMg-X2.jpg

We caught the water show tonight too, and it was the best water show they have ever done!!! Everything shown was classic and everyone seemed to love it........we didn`t get any decent pictures of the show, so won`t post them, but we did enjoy just watching without taking pictures. I`m almost positive this`ll be back next year! And even better, it wasn`t completely mobbed tonight. We stood to the left of where the projection was and saw it just fine. If we had the chance we`d watch this again in a heartbeat.

We did go into Killer Klowns.......there was no one else in the EP line so we walked straight in. And yes, this house works on so many levels...I admit I wasn`t sure when they announced it, the Scare Zone last year took a while to grow on me, so this was a nice surprise how fun it was.

It was late now and we were hungry...…..so we ended up in an old favourite at the bar...….Margaritaville.

We love the bar here...….very friendly, guys really know what they`re doing with drinks and food is decent. Not the best, but always reliable.....

Tom ordered a Mango Margarita and I chose my usual Blackberry Margarita......yes, I had my own straw again.

i-LwGmWDj-X2.jpg

Tom decided to have the ribs, and I chose the coconut shrimp appetiser…...two of our favourite dishes in here..

i-zH966K7-X2.jpg

We did wait a little longer than usual for the food, but we just ordered another drink each while we waited...…..no hardship there!!!

And it was delicious when it arrived, and sizzling hot!!!

i-dvC27jB-X2.jpg

There is always a friendly atmosphere in here and tonight it wasn't too busy at the bar, the tables seemed to be busy despite it being quite late.

Messy hair is unavoidable after a night wandering round HHN!

i-BBtp7H5-X2.jpg

We sat and chatted and we were chatting to the couple beside us who recognised us from the hotel, they were staying 3 nights and weren't doing HHN....they had never heard of it????

They really hadn't heard of it till the arrived here and the front desk asked if they were here for the event...…..we told them they had to go tomorrow night...….we gave them a run down of what they hadn't heard yet and told them how amazing it was...…..I`m not sure if they went or not, but I hope they did. But, I was amazed folks would come to a hotel and not research what was going on at that time!!!

At this point, our tranquility was about to be disturbed.

A load of convention people arrived...….what is it about convention people that they have to be so loud!!!! Unfortunately for us, they stood around us and behind us. Our companions had since departed and one sat down beside me, which was fine...….but he immediately began to yell at someone over the other side of the bar...….while a group of four guys behind us began shouting over each other...….

Yes, I`m aware it`s a bar and people can be as loud as they like......but.....this guy yelling in my ear to a woman over the other side....completely over the other side....got too much...….

I yelled back...…...but quietly...….. :rotfl:

I suggested maybe he`d prefer to go round to chat to his companion rather than permanently deafen me, I`d be eternally grateful. Tom had meanwhile asked the guys behind him to stop yelling in his ear.....yes, we are the party poopers!!!!

One guy apologised and moved away...….the others weren't as happy....and maybe rightly so......but they are so loud!!!! The barman concurred and said it`s always the same......you can spot conference folks a mile away!!! Glad it wasn't just us.

We decided to leave just as one of them spilled some of his beer over someone else round the far side of the bar...….yep.....time to go.

Walking back home was pleasant as it was noticeably cooler tonight, of course it was around midnight now......there were a few people on the path, and I wouldn't feel unsafe walking here alone I don't think. It`s well lit and security do patrol the paths regularly.......

Back in our room we went straight to bed. No tv for us, we were both shattered...…..but ready to begin another day soon.

Last edited:
You are brave! I am not sure I could handle the Eye! I probably won't bother for Orlando. If I ever get to London, I might have to convince myself to do it.
I went on a ferris wheel with my son at a local festival, and it was not crowded, so we got our money's worth with an extra long ride (we might have gotten to go through a few extra cycles). I just kept thinking that I really didn't need the ride to last that long LOL Of course, I had to act like I was calm for my son.
I guess I could tell myself that the Eye is a lot safer than a local carnival.

The London Eye is so much better than Orlando. Although there is a lot to see around you in London, and it`s wonderful at night. We went in November and it rained which hampered the view slightly, but so many things close by to see all lit up.

I can`t do Ferris Wheels......lol....so I think you`re braver than me for doing that......my friend as a teenager scared me half to death by rocking it back and forwards when we got stuck at the top.....I was convinced she was going to topple us out altogether!!! Took me all my time to go on it in the first place!

So, yes I`d say the Eye is definitely safer, and more comfortable too :wave2:

I have to agree....loud people are disruptive. My ears can only handle loud for so long. It drains my energy very fast. Once I'm at the low end of my tolerance, it can take me some time to recharge again. I don't handle loud well. But then again, I'm a little quirky lol i admit it :rotfl:

Those drinks look and probably tasted divine after walking around HHN. I know I would need a couple of beverages after doing that!!!!! And your hair looked lovely!!!!! I totally look like Monica from Friends when she is in the Bahamas when I'm in the humidity. Someone commented in my Mexico pictures on FB about my hair always being pulled back and my bangs looking funny. My hair would look great coming out of the villa room....by the time we got to the walking path...my bangs would already be curling and looking all wonky. Even the hubby commented on my hair :rotfl2:OH well...can't look like a model all the time ( doing the little hair toss lol )

I know your braver than me going to HHN... I don't think I could do it. I love to look at your pictures and it looks soooo fun.

Curious, did you find the posted wait times for the houses a bit all over the place this year too?

We kept saying please bring back a very funny Bill and Ted for next years anniversary year...…
...from your lips! Yes, please, B&T need to return
We caught the water show tonight too, and it was the best water show they have ever done!!! Everything shown was classic and everyone seemed to love it.......
Agree 100%, was so pleasantly surprised

We did go into Killer Klowns.......there was no one else in the EP line so we walked straight in. And yes, this house works on so many levels.
See above lol, such a ‘fun house’.

I can`t do Ferris Wheels......lol....so I think you`re braver than me for doing that......my friend as a teenager scared me half to death by rocking it back and forwards when we got stuck at the top.....I was convinced she was going to topple us out altogether!!! Took me all my time to go on it in the first place!
They aren’t my favorite either although for some reason I do enjoy the double Ferris wheel types. Have you seen the type they have at Disneyland’s California Adventure? I nearly passed out the first time I felt the car move/slide lol

:welcome: back Tgrgrl.....good to see you!!

We fell in love with them first time we tried them......yes, that place gave us a tartare sauce too, I must google the other sauce, never heard of that one.

Nice to see you though, hope things are all good......:wave2:
We are great! We were so, so busy with all the October/Halloween activities & now jumping right into the Holiday season but I wouldn’t have it any other way with my Littles! Enjoying your wonderful trip report so far........

I have to agree....loud people are disruptive. My ears can only handle loud for so long. It drains my energy very fast. Once I'm at the low end of my tolerance, it can take me some time to recharge again. I don't handle loud well. But then again, I'm a little quirky lol i admit it :rotfl:

Those drinks look and probably tasted divine after walking around HHN. I know I would need a couple of beverages after doing that!!!!! And your hair looked lovely!!!!! I totally look like Monica from Friends when she is in the Bahamas when I'm in the humidity. Someone commented in my Mexico pictures on FB about my hair always being pulled back and my bangs looking funny. My hair would look great coming out of the villa room....by the time we got to the walking path...my bangs would already be curling and looking all wonky. Even the hubby commented on my hair :rotfl2:OH well...can't look like a model all the time ( doing the little hair toss lol )

I know your braver than me going to HHN... I don't think I could do it. I love to look at your pictures and it looks soooo fun.

lol....I like quirky!!!!

Yes, I can adapt to noise, but when someone is just bellowing right beside your ear, it`s time to say something......and I`m not afraid to speak up.....what amazed me was the guys face.....he was totally oblivious to what he was doing......he did go around though.

Drinks were lovely....they do a mean cocktail in there! Oh the hair....lol....I look like I`ve stuck my head in the shower!!! My hair either goes flat and wet looking or if the humidity is abd, exactly like you describe......I couldn`t blow dry my hair that wild!!!

HHN is a lot of fun!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter