Who wants to be a millionaire theme park video request

Mrpebbles

Earning My Ears
Back in August 2001, I won the chance to be on the theme park edition of the show. The segment was recorded on video tape, and guests were not allowed to photograph or video tape any portion of the show themselves from the audience. Would anyone know if these tapes are available for purchase from Disney or if these tapes are preserved somewhere? I just hope they were not crushed because it means a lot to me if i can see it. Is there a better forum to post this question? THANKS

Back in August 2001, I won the chance to be on the theme park edition of the show. The segment was recorded on video tape, and guests were not allowed to photograph or video tape any portion of the show themselves from the audience. Would anyone know if these tapes are available for purchase from Disney or if these tapes are preserved somewhere? I just hope they were not crushed because it means a lot to me if i can see it. Is there a better forum to post this question? THANKS
Have you tried to call/email WDW? I'd probably start with Guest Services at the park (you don't say if you're looking for WDW or DL). According to Wiki, WDW closed their attraction in 2005. It doesn't say when DL closed. I'd say your odds of finding a specific recording are slim to none though. Assuming WDW, I think there were 5-6 shows a day, and just for the four years between your appearance and it closing, would be 1825 tapes. I can't see Disney hanging on to those for over a decade after an attraction closes. Give it a shot though.

Definitely try writing. I'm guessing Disney archives everything! (And pin down the exact date before contacting them if you can.)

As other posters have said, try writing. But I'm just curious, if it means so much to you, why wait 18 years to request it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter