WHO qualifies as a Canadian resident? Do international students living here?

alohamom

DIS Veteran
Well, my daughter and her roomies switched their Feb reading week trip from an all-inclusive (thanks again to everyone who offered up info on that one)

Thanks to a pretty decent Cyber Monday offer, they are now going to WDW! It will be Presidents Week and the crowds will be high but they are 4 young adults who can go 24/7 so it should be ok.

My question for everyone here is WHO qualifies as a Canadian resident? They would love to be able to get the discounted Canadian tix. It doesnt really matter because they have set aside the money for regular priced tickets but it would be nice for them.

I know you need Government issued id but who qualifies? Two of the girls reside in Canada year round as they work in the summer but they only have student visas and school issued ID

I think the answer is that they will not be good enough but I thought I would ask here in case any one has further insight

Any help is appreciated-thank in advance

I think that one is going to take a phone call to Disney. There are many different definitions of Resident (ie you can be a resident for tax purposes but not be an actual resident of Canada (permanent resident)). Whatever ID Disney will accept as proof is all you need. It may be something as simple as a copy of a Utility bill with your name and address on it or as formal as a permanent resident card.

From the website:

"All adult Guests must present valid proof of Canadian residency that includes a government-issued photo ID to exchange the certificate for a valid ticket at the theme park window or Guest Relations prior to first use."

I don't know if the school one would work.

Well, my daughter and her roomies switched their Feb reading week trip from an all-inclusive (thanks again to everyone who offered up info on that one)

Thanks to a pretty decent Cyber Monday offer, they are now going to WDW! It will be Presidents Week and the crowds will be high but they are 4 young adults who can go 24/7 so it should be ok.

My question for everyone here is WHO qualifies as a Canadian resident? They would love to be able to get the discounted Canadian tix. It doesnt really matter because they have set aside the money for regular priced tickets but it would be nice for them.

I know you need Government issued id but who qualifies? Two of the girls reside in Canada year round as they work in the summer but they only have student visas and school issued ID

I think the answer is that they will not be good enough but I thought I would ask here in case any one has further insight

Any help is appreciated-thank in advance
What happened later? I have the similar problem.

They did not qualify and just bought regular tickets

Last edited:
Well, that's disappointing. But I guess they'll be there from open 'til close so they'll "get their money's worth" regardless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter