Who normally books a town car but will take Magical Express because its free?

lclark0621 said:
I don't get how Disney gets through the security issues with this. I mean how many do they answer the "Have you packed your own bags & have they been with you the whole time?" question?
In fall 2002, at the direction of the TSA, the airlines stopped asking the two "standard" check-in questions -- "Have your bags been in your possession at all times?" and "Has anyone unknown to you asked you to carry anything on board?".

Disney and the contractor that's providing the baggage check-in service at the resorts (BAGS Inc.) have worked out the secuity issues with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). I quoted part of the press release earlier in this thread:
<blockquote>In addition to partners at Orlando International Airport, Walt Disney World developed this innovative service in conjunction with private and public sector leaders including: the Mears Transportation Group, the largest provider of ground transportation to the Walt Disney World Resort; BAGS Inc., the provider and innovator in off-airport passenger check-in services for the hotel, convention, cruise and airline industries; ARINC Incorporated, a leading global provider of technology systems for airports and airlines; the Transportation Security Administration; and airline partners including: American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Song, United Airlines and Ted. Walt Disney World hopes to add other air carriers to the resort airline check-in service in the near future.</blockquote>

We're going to do the Magical Express to the resort and do a cab/towncar for the way back to the airport. I'm sure you have to leave super early like you do with Mears and we do not like to do that.

kelscross said:
We're going to do the Magical Express to the resort and do a cab/towncar for the way back to the airport. I'm sure you have to leave super early like you do with Mears and we do not like to do that.
According to the Travel Agent FAQ for Magical Express:
<blockquote>How will Guests know what time the motor coach leaves from their Resort to the airport?
The Guest will receive a departure notice the day prior to check-out advising of the motor coach pick-up time based on the provided flight information. The general rule of thumb is 2 3/4 hours prior to the flight departure. </blockquote>
The rule of thumb for towncar services is 2 1/2 hours. I'm not sure I'd pay $50 for an extra 15 minutes. And if I were flying with one of the participating airlines, I would certainly prefer to get my boarding pass and check my luggage at my WDW resort, rather than having to lug my bags and check in at the airport.

lclark0621 said:
I don't get how Disney gets through the security issues with this. I mean how many do they answer the "Have you packed your own bags & have they been with you the whole time?" question?

Like a previous poster mentioned, they no longer ask those questions. However, even if they did need to, it would still happen. When you check your bags at your origin, you're at the airline's check in desk at the airport. On your return trip, you'll still check in at the airline's check in desk to recieve your boarding pass, however, the desk will be located at your resort, instead of at the Airport. The people who will be checking you in for your flight are not Disney CMs, but rather TSA approved airline personnel.

I have been wondering what happens to luggage that you want to carryon the airplane but you do not want to carry around all day while you spend your last day in the theme parks. Let me clarify this: You pack your suitcase that you want to be checked at the airport, but you have a smaller carryon that has your valuables, undeveloped theme park pictures, prescious souvenirs, those things that you usually do not check; but carryon so they are close by. Where do these go while you spend the day at Magic Kingdom? Can you leave them with Bell Services? I am now sitting on the fence about this issue, after wondering about lost luggage and countless resort pickups and stops along the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter