Who is planning on being in Disneyland 7/17/2015?

I'm really excited to be there because I've never gone on an anniversary. I'm also stoked because I was able to get a reservation for the Fantasmic Dining Package at Blue Bayou. :)

My family will be there the 12th-18th! I have been there for the 30th, 40th, and the 50th, so I had to make it to the 60th! Looking forward to the fun,
but I have low expectations as far as getting a lot done that day. I do have reservations at Carnation Cafe for breakfast and dinner that day.

My family will be there the 12th-18th! I have been there for the 30th, 40th, and the 50th, so I had to make it to the 60th! Looking forward to the fun,
but I have low expectations as far as getting a lot done that day. I do have reservations at Carnation Cafe for breakfast and dinner that day.

I booked Carnation Café for dinner on the 17th too :)

And Big Thunder BBQ for lunch.

We're also having dinner at Carnation Cafe on the 17th!!!

Looks like it is going to be a party at the CC that day! What time did you all end up booking? I am debating between 4pm (to have the possibility of sitting outside with the parade) or 6pm for a quiet meal. Not sure what to do yet...but I know I want a TS refuge on the 17th.

I really wish DCA would stay open past 10pm. I'm celebrating Disneyland's 60th by visiting MK, Epcot, DHS, DAK, DCA and DL on July 17. My flight from MCO gets to SNA at 8pm. I have to go home, and then drive to DLR to get into DCA before 10pm. Then I should be free and clear to spend the last part of the night at Disneyland. It will be an epic day, but a fun one as well. I just hope my flight isn't delayed.

I booked Carnation Café for dinner on the 17th too :)

And Big Thunder BBQ for lunch.

We have the same meal plans! Big Thunder for Lunch and Carnation Cafe for dinner on the 17th. We are expecting it to be crazy and wanted to be sure we could get a couple of meals in without too much of a wait.

I was kind of thinking given all of the issues with the 24-hour day, they may have re-thought how to handle the actually 60th anniversary day. I'm sure they are bracing for large(ish) crowds (based on the 50th anniversary), but perhaps they don't want to encourage the over-nighters and things like that, so they aren't going to announce that much in advance. It'll be interesting to see how things go (before hand and during the day itself). Hopefully things will be better than they were for the 24-hour day.
I was at the 24-hour day, and didn't notice any issues. I saw both PTN parades, DL Forever, F!, and the 3am WoC. The only "issue" was DL reaching capacity, which was pretty-much a foregone conclusion. Those people who didn't get into Disneyland after 2pm should have planned better. I was in the parks from 5am until Noon, and then 2pm to 4am. I loved the event, and would absolutely go back. July 17 should be much less crowded.

We have the same meal plans! Big Thunder for Lunch and Carnation Cafe for dinner on the 17th. We are expecting it to be crazy and wanted to be sure we could get a couple of meals in without too much of a wait.

Exactly :) I got worried hearing about endless lines at QS places.

Looks like it is going to be a party at the CC that day! What time did you all end up booking? I am debating between 4pm (to have the possibility of sitting outside with the parade) or 6pm for a quiet meal. Not sure what to do yet...but I know I want a TS refuge on the 17th.

We are booked for 4:20 pm for dinner on the 17th. I guess we will not be leaving the park after we enter in the morning or we may miss our dinner reservations and get charged!

We'll be there the 14-18. I was thinking about taking advantage of EMH at DCA and then hopping over to DL once it opens. I made a lunch ADR at Cafe Orleans. I've also read about the long food lines at the 50th. I read a few blogs about the 50th and it sounds like things started out super busy but got less so as the day went on. I'm also not expecting to actually do anything in DL that day. I just want the experience of being there for such a special day.

We are booked for 4:20 pm for dinner on the 17th. I guess we will not be leaving the park after we enter in the morning or we may miss our dinner reservations and get charged!

Actually if you call and let them know that entry is denied and they can confirm that, you will not be charged. I called and asked due to our reservations on the 24 hour day.

On a side note, we have 4 pm ressies at Carnation for an early dinner. We plan to be there from open until the DD calls it a day. :)

We should have a Carnation Cafe DISmeet at the rate this is going!

I still don't know if I should do a 4pm or a 6pm reservation. I am inclined to do the 4pm, in the hopes that we can enjoy the afternoon parade while there.

It will be my first time at Canation Cafe - any "must-eats"? I know fried pickles are calling my name. The desserts also sound intriguing...I've seen pics of the Matterhorn Sundae. Any news if they still do that or anything else that is similar?

We're planning as many rides as we can manage in Adventureland, New Orleans Square area until a late breakfast at River Belle Terrace and then snacking until our way around the park, checking out the goings on until our 6:20 Carnation Cafe dinner.

We'll be there from 15-19 July. I booked our 1BR VGC at the 11-month mark.

I suspect we'll avoid DLP altogether on the 17th, making DCA MM that day. We have a CCR lunch reservation and a Napa Rose dinner reservation. We might try for the late WoC that night.

I wonder how the SoCal AP blockouts will affect the crowds. I'm expecting crazy DLP crowds on the 17th, but how about the rest of the days?

I switched and got a 4:20 ressie, I like the idea of having the parade going down Main Street while we're there :D

I was at the 24-hour day, and didn't notice any issues. I saw both PTN parades, DL Forever, F!, and the 3am WoC. The only "issue" was DL reaching capacity, which was pretty-much a foregone conclusion. Those people who didn't get into Disneyland after 2pm should have planned better. I was in the parks from 5am until Noon, and then 2pm to 4am. I loved the event, and would absolutely go back. July 17 should be much less crowded.
I think that guests that were inside DLR during the day and evening (basically those that go in before the closures went into effect) didn't really see much of the issues that were happening outside of the gates. I was also at the 24-hour day and there didn't seem to be any issues inside DL (in the evening/night), but it sounded like things were far less harmonious outside of security for much of the afternoon and night and over in DCA (late night). I also think they weren't necessarily planning to have so many people camping out overnight to get into the parks. It sounds like when security opened at 2:00 am, there were also some inconsistencies and delays.

I also really enjoyed the 24-hour event, but I don't think it's right to say that it went off without any issues or to put all of the blame on the guests that arrived after 2:00 pm. After all, it doesn't sound like anyone really expected the parks to institute capacity-closures that early in the afternoon especially if plans were based off the 2014 24-hour event. Look at the 24-hour day thread, I said that I didn't think DL would close until later afternoon/early evening when folks got off of work and at one point you mentioned thinking they may not close at all, so in that way, the early closures were surprising. I think the crowds were higher than anticipated and it's not really fair to say that people should have planned better.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter