who is going on this cruise on July 24th of 2004?

I just got an e-mail from All Seasons. They don't expect to receive our documents until Monday because of the new computer system. They said they will send them ASAP to us. I'm just wondering how long that will take since we are leaving the week before!

Still waiting patiently.

Oh, by the way, lemonpledge is name from Laverne and Shirley.
My college roommate said that they had code names -lemonpledge and starmonkey. So thats what we called each other.

LPledge

I received the same email!!!
Actually I called and spoke with Chuck at All Seas who told me that the Docs would be delayed due a problem with Disney but he assured me that I would receive them next week. I had called today with a "just wondering" call and found out all of this glorious information. I am sure they will be here early next week. I am waiting!!

Has any one done the Eastern before? I was wonder do you know to and the cost of getting to Trunk Bay from the dock? And if they have snorkle equip there to rent or do we have to bring our own?

Thanks, 15 days and counting!!!!!

Joanne

Received the same email from allseas. It was nice they sent it. I find the way docs are sent by dcl to be strange ....

2 weeks and 1 day :Pinkbounc

Just started my pile-o-stuff to pack ....

Joanne --
We've done the Eastern before and even went to Cinnamon Bay on our own. I don't remember the prices or details. It's been three years and I was having gall bladder problems and facing surgery two days after we got home.
We went with our dinner mates and split the cost. Caught a taxi at the pier to the other side of St. Thomas, then took the ferry. The taxi driver in St. Thomas arranged for a taxi to meet us at the dock in St. John. It was all very easy. I don't know about renting snorkle gear -- we took our own.
This year we're doing the 5 Star St. John trip.
Tenya

Thanks Tinks mom. I am really getting crazy about all this planning. I check these boards all day long. I really can't wait to relax. Work has been crazy so it will be so nice to be away from computers & phones for a week.

See ya soon.

Hello,

Here is a web site link to the st. john ferry

http://www.stjohnusvi.com/ferry.html

there are 2 ferries one at the pier, and one called red hook

red hook you need to take a taxi to but it is cheaper and faster.

I opted to do the disney sponsered tour, in the intrest of reducing stress. once i know the island a little better, I may opt to take the ferry myself next time.

you can save a bunch of money doing it on your own, and my friends who were first time cruisers did it on their own last april and had no problems.

whatever you decide good luck and happy planning

heres another useful general usvi link

http://www.usvi.com/

Finally!

I am new to the boards but it took a few days to get registered becuase of aol issues. KathyTx finally got me straightened out.

Me, dd8, dd9. and dh are on the 24th July Magic and cant wait!
Third cruise for hubby and I, but first for kids and first Disney.
I don't know who is more excited, me or the kids!

We are on deck 6. Anyone got girls around 8-9 years old?

Spa Mama

Welcome Spa Mama!!!

We too are on deck 6 - seems like a lot of us are! DS(13) and I are in 6090. Sorry not little girls. I'm sure they will make lots of friends in the club though.

Will you being joining us for the meet on Saturday?????

Looking forward to meeting you!

MamaQuack

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I have a 9 year old dd making her first cruise as well. She's super excited about the trip - she can be a little shy up front, but once you know her, getting her to stop talking is a bit hard :-)

Thanks! We are in 6106. What time ended up being decided on and where to meet? Just talked to my TA, docs are in and she is bringing them on Saturday to my house. (she is a good friend).
Yea!!! Not going to do the doc dance until they are in my hot little hands though!

My daughter has gone over the brochure a million times with a fine tooth comb, we will have to ask her for directions on where everything is! I am so glad I started reading the boards, got great ideas and also some neat tips to make it extra special for the kids. They are only this little once!

Spa Mama

Bookgirl2 - my girls are shy at first too, but your right, once they feel comfortable, watch out!

anyone have recommendations on what to do -excursion wise - with young kids -- mine are dd ages 5 and 9

helpful tips are greatly appreciated :-)

We also have a nine year old with us. He is my neighbors son Noah. He is really a lot of fun and very sociable.

Have a good one.

Joanne

Welcome Spamama! We're practically neighbors -- just a few freeways away in south Arlington. We've got a 10yo DD. This is our third Disney cruise. Y'all will have an unbelieveable time. The original meet time was 3:15. But from reading other reports 3:00 might be better. Either way, we'll be at the Goofy pool.
Tenya

This being my first cruise and all, how are we going to know each other when we meet at the Goofy pool?

Angie

I'm glad you brought that up Angie. I've been going over that in my mind. From reading other threads it seems groups have met a little earlier than 3:15 and usually in a more private venue. If we want to stay at the Goofy pool, I'll go by some lime green ribbon and tie it to my swim suit strap. That way everyone can just look for me. Also, we could decide to meet on a certain side of the pool -- port or starboard; at a table near the ice cream station or the drink station.

If we wanted to go some place smaller, we could try the Deck 7 aft deck. I read something today where the group was meeting in Preludes.

Where ever we meet, I'm thinking maybe we should move the time to 3:00. That will give us a little more time to chat before we have to head to the Lifeboat Drill.

What does everyone think?

PS Angie -- I'm sending loads of pixie dust for a wonderful wedding!
Tenya

I also have a little girl who is 8. Her name is caity and she is very outgoing. This will be her 5th cruise , her 4th disney cruise, so she will know the ropes. This will be her first time being in the lab instead of the oceaneers club.

Caity will be with us when we go snorkeling on trunk bay at st . john too. we did the disney excursion.

I think im at like 9days 12 hours now till we leave, I cannot wait , Im busting with excitement.

We leave on Thursday before and plan on going to JFK Space Center on Friday. DD9 loves space stuff, couldnt be so close and not stop! Hope for a little beach time too.
Two weeks from today!

Spa Mama

Hey, I have question - is it common to have insomnia two weeks from the cruise? TEE HEE :o I spent most of the day yesterday planning for the trip (trying on clothes, making lists, reading the boards, reading my new passporter) and I could not fall asleep last night until about 5am! Could not quit planning in my head!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter