Status
Not open for further replies.
Me!

We'll be trying for

California Grill - dinner
Chef Mickey - dinner
Akershus - dinner
Mama Melrose Fantasmic
Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea (hoping that this isn't super popular)
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Boma - breakfast

pixiedust: Here's some pixie dust for all of us!

So phone lines open at 7am EST and online opens an hour before? Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Count me in as one of the many doing ADR's on 10/27 :scared1:

My original date was Nov 1st, so it's only a few days earlier now. Here's what I hope to get:

1/31 Mama Melrose's (F! pkge)
2/01 Coral Reef
2/02 1900 Park Fare
2/03 Sci Fi
2/04 Chef Mickey
2/05 CRT

Trying to get all dinner ADR's. :goodvibes

Logging in at 3 am for our trip April 11th-18th. I accidentally made an important MD appointment for 8 am on the 27th, and was going to cancel the appt until DH gave me that look, like I'd taken a step over the line to crazy :lmao:

Must-Dos:

Le Cellier (couldn't get this at all for our HM trip last year, really want it this year!)
Boma breakfast
Ohana dinner
Kona dinner

The only one that will probably be challenging is LC, am I crazy for getting up at 3 am just for pretzel bread when I work in Philadelphia (and pretzels are abundant?) Oh well, 2 weeks from tomorrow! :yay:

I'll be popping on for my DxDDP solo trip (Feb 4-11). Aiming for:
Le Cellier
Teppan Edo
50s Prime Time (or Sci-Fi, or both)
Yachtsman (hey, I like steaks :p)
Artist Point
Plaza
Tony's
Boma
Biergarten

(That's 11 TS Credits so far...)

Also may add:
Ralgan Rd.
San Angel Inn

However, since it's a solo trip, I'm pretty flexible about the times for the more in demand places. I can eat lunch at 2:15pm if I have to no problem. Or dinner at 4:30 or 8:30, no sweat. I still have a lot of planning to do in order to situate the different places and areas though, but it looks like I'm going to be enjoying a lot of Epcot time ;).

Welcome to all of the new folks! Please check back in on THE DAY and tell us how you did!

The best advice for that can be found in this thread:

Official Online ADRs Thread (Updated FAQ 9/9)

Thanks, bicker!

pixiedust: Here's some pixie dust for all of us!

So phone lines open at 7am EST and online opens an hour before? Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Offically that's true. Several people have managed to start getting ADR's online as early as 3:00 AM EST, but most have reported a lot of error messages and system crashing between 3 AM and 6 AM. I think we're going to need that pixie dust!

Logging in at 3 am for our trip April 11th-18th. I accidentally made an important MD appointment for 8 am on the 27th, and was going to cancel the appt until DH gave me that look, like I'd taken a step over the line to crazy :lmao:

:rotfl2: My DH gave me that same look when I told him that we have to decide what we want to eat three months from now! :rotfl2:

What sucks is that we don't get the park hours until after the reservations lines open, eh?

I agree!! Stinks since I base ADR's on EMH's etc. We are going Feb 10-20 so I will go by this past year's schedule and hope for the best!

I found out that ADRs for DDP have been changed from 90 days in advance to 180 days effective October 27th. Does anyone know what time the reservations desk opens or can I try to call at 12:01 am?

I don't want to miss out on Chef Mickey's again this year!

Good luck everyone! I make ours a few days later on Nov 2nd. Hopefully the bugs are worked out by then!

Unless I have missed a recent change, reservations by phone open up at 7 am EST. Online ressies seem to vary greatly - supposed to open up at 6 am, but there have been many reports of people getting them randomly from 3 am onwards. I have never tried this, so can't vouch for this from personal experience. If you are a nocturnal person you may want to try the online reservations option first. If you don't succeed, you can always be hot on the phone lines at 7 am! All the best - I hope you get EVERYTHING you want for your ADR's. :yay:

Oh, and if, for whatever reason you don't get Chef Mickey, keep stopping by at Guest Services when you get there and check for cancellations. We got no less than 3 character ADR's (one of which was Chef Mickey) like that - and it was smack in the middle of the Easter week! DO NOT GIVE UP!!!

Add me to the list of poeple who will be franticaly booking ADRs on the 27th.

Not sure of all of them as I'm still finalising, but I've got loads to book for my 2 week March trip.

I'll probably try and use the Online system at 3am and see if I get lucky.

Luckily I'm in the UK so 3am is actually 8am for me. :)

Do you reckon that between us we'll be able to crash the system? :D

Add me to the list.

Although I won't be online at 3am, I'll try as early as I can in the morning. I'm hoping that any crashing that the system may do at the opening hour will be cleared up by the time I go online.;)

....hmmm....even I don't believe that. Anyways, good luck to all of us. I have quite a few reservations to make, so I'll be online for awhile. Hopefully, it's not as bad as we may all be anticipating.:)

Welcome, new posters, to the October 27th ADR List! :yay: Please be sure to pop onto the Disboards after you make your reservations and let us know how you did!

We are going Feb 10-20 so I will go by this past year's schedule and hope for the best!

I think we're all doing that. Only the first two days of our vacation are in January, and the rest of the schedule is just a guess based on February of last year! :confused3

I found out that ADRs for DDP have been changed from 90 days in advance to 180 days effective October 27th. Does anyone know what time the reservations desk opens or can I try to call at 12:01 am?
I don't want to miss out on Chef Mickey's again this year!

The phone lines open at 7 AM EST, and the online system officially opens at 6 AM (although some people have managed to get online ADR's as early as 3 AM EST). :surfweb:

Oh, and if, for whatever reason you don't get Chef Mickey, keep stopping by at Guest Services when you get there and check for cancellations. We got no less than 3 character ADR's (one of which was Chef Mickey) like that - and it was smack in the middle of the Easter week! DO NOT GIVE UP!!!

Thanks for the good advice, 2Tiggies! There are also usually some ressies that open up at the 45 day mark, from people who cancel their vacations before they have to pay in full.

Add me to the list of poeple who will be franticaly booking ADRs on the 27th.
Luckily I'm in the UK so 3am is actually 8am for me. :)

Do you reckon that between us we'll be able to crash the system? :D

Welcome! I'm afraid the system crash is inevitable - it seems to happen even on the regular days. Hopefully it will happen AFTER we all make our reservations! :rotfl2:

Add me to the list.

Although I won't be online at 3am, I'll try as early as I can in the morning. I'm hoping that any crashing that the system may do at the opening hour will be cleared up by the time I go online.;)

....hmmm....even I don't believe that. Anyways, good luck to all of us. I have quite a few reservations to make, so I'll be online for awhile. Hopefully, it's not as bad as we may all be anticipating.:)

Glad to have you! Since we're not all trying to get ADR for the same days, I'm hoping it won't be too bad, too! :goodvibes

I am panicked about this!! I'm not kidding! We are going 2/28-3/5 (our first ever family vacation!), which I would assume would be a relatively quiet week, but I am worried about getting the ADR's we want. Since I've never done this before, I HATE that I am having to do it on the 27th when all the changes go into place!! I will be trying for:

CRT
Chef Mickey's
Tusker House
1900 Park Fare

And I have plenty of "back ups" on my list as well if we can't get those. Like everyone else, I hate that I won't have park hours to work off of yet. I am contemplating getting up at 3am....but if I can't get on after getting up so early, I'll probably cry!! ;)

This is our 2nd trip to WDW and the first time I did pretty decent on phone making ADRs. I think I am giong to phone it in again and hope for the best! We are going March 21-29 and hoping to get the following:

LeCelliar
Tonys
50s Prime Time
Hoop Dee Doo
Captain's Grill
Coral Reef
Whispering Canyon

Good luck to everyone! :cutie:

Thanks for the answers about the times on the 27th. I am hoping to get Le Chefs de France, Chef Mickey's, 1900, Cape May (seafood buffet, mmmm), Whispering Canyon (my DS8 wants to order ketchup again). The first three we really want and I'm flexible on dates. Unfortunately we are going at March Break so it will be busy!

I think I will try the online route first when I get up for school (at 5am, got to love early morning rehearsals!) and then have DH try the phone call.

I can't wait until we get there, I am SO excited!

Count me in too!! I'll be making ressies for 4/17-4/24. Here is what I'm thinking:

Liberty Tree
Chefs De France
San Angel Inn
Wolfgang Puck
Teppan Edu
Mama Melrose Fantasmic
Le Cellier

50's prime time & Coral Reef as a few backups

Me too!
I'm making ADRs for February 20-27.

I'll be trying for:
Flying Fish (D)
Crystal Palace (B)
The Plaza (D)
Le Cellier (D) or Teppan Edo if I can't get it
50's Prime Time (L)
Akershus (L)

The one I'm really focused on trying to get is Le Cellier, probably Crystal Palace too. The others I think I can get later in the morning or day and be fine and then play with them as I get closer to our trip. We've never been to Le Cellier before though and my DH really wants to try that filet!

Count me in for one who is making ADRs on October 27. Lordy, I really hope the online system isn't overworked for this but it will be. I wish they could somehow have tiers on when booking opens up like all the rest of Jan and all of Feb goes on this date, March on another then April on another.

Oh btw, I'm really only hoping for 2 ADRs this time, 50's PT and CP for my April 18-23 trip... had I only booked a week later, I could be avoiding the masses on the 27th, doh!

I think the busiest weeks will be President's week and Easter week. I will be there from the 14-19 of February. Thank goodness its only me and my son going. It was a headache trying to make reservations for 5 people in August.:scared1:

I will be on line on the 27th making my reservations:surfweb: I think I will shoot for:

Boma- Dinner
Donalds Breakfast Safari
Hollywood and Vine or Sci-Fi for Dinner
Crystal Palace for Breakfast

Have to stick to the buffets. Have a growing 10 yr old boy. :lmao:

Add me in, too. I'll be booking for our March trip - our son's 5th birthday.

The main one I want is
CRT for dinner for his birthday

The rest are still somewhat in the air but we're looking at
Chef Mickey's
Crystal Palace
Akershus
Coral Reef (I want this one)
Sci Fi (my husband wants this one - we're debating between the last 2)

I've never made Disney reservations before so I hope I get these right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter