Who else is affected by direct air?

We have no idea how much money was in the escrow account

As I suspected might happen, the cupboard has turned out to be bare (or close to it):

lawyers are testifying that the money isn’t in the escrow account, leaving both customers and credit-card companies exposed.

The Worcester Telegram reported earlier week that a lawyer for Direct Air, Steven Fox, said during a hearing that millions of dollars are missing from the escrow account. And a lawyer for the bank where the escrow account is held confirmed that there’s only about $1 million in the account.

Fox told the judge that “irregularities” had been uncovered in the handling of the escrow account. “It is our belief that the escrow account was invaded. It may have been invaded in an unlawful manner,” he said, adding that customers are owed at least $10 million and maybe as much as $30 million according to the newspaper.​

http://blogs.wsj.com/bankruptcy/2012/03/29/funds-missing-from-direct-air-escrow-account/.

As I suspected might happen, the cupboard has turned out to be bare (or close to it):

That may well be true but at least one poster was making that claim long before there were any facts to support such a position.

I spoke to Amex today and they have received all the documents I've sent. They told me the dispute is still under investigation, however they assured me I will definitely be getting my money back. They said they have already suspended the payment on my account. I feel a lot better finally getting an answer. I haven't seen a credit posted to my account yet, however hoping to get one soon.

When I called I was transferred to a dispute representative, she was very nice and was able to answer all my questions.

Unfortunately, it cost us $500 more! it was either that or cancel

I ended up getting a refund from Visa plus interest at least.

This whole fiasco ended up costing me another $400. Since I was limited on days I could book with DirectAir. We were traveling from a Saturday to Saturday which I NEVER do due to costs. So I had to book United from Saturday to Saturday which probably added an additional $300+ to our flights. UGH!

I finally got my refund from Amex. My new flights cost $700 (family of five) but worth it because I can take ME and not pay the crazy car rental costs from Lakeland. I regretted purchasing from Direct Air right from the beginning, the whole ordeal has been a nightmare. I'll stick to the major airlines from now on.

I received a refund on my cc statement (capitalone) immediately after the official 'bankrupt' announcement was made. I was told it fell under the protection on cc, "services paid for but not received".

All in all it cost me about $300 more to rebook new flights than had I booked with JetBlue the day flights opened for my travel dates. I feel fortunate that this didn't happen a few weeks before my vacation because I think it would have cost us much more to book last minute flights.

I an immediate refund from Capital One for August flights as they had just been booked. I received the credit for the flights that we were taking in April but had purchased in October after I sent in all my proof.

Luckily I got an email right after this happened for a sale at Southwest and it only cost us 200 more to rebook flights for April.
It still remains to be seen what we'll be able to find August flights for. I am just glad the whole process is over.

And aside from a few clueless customer service reps ( and I literally mean had zero idea what I was talking about despite me following instructions to the letter), I had AWESOME service overall with Capital One Canada and am very thankful they were so helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter