Which would you drop?

Thomasboys

Mouseketeer
We were really fortunate with our ADRs today and have more TS than we probably need/want. If you were to drop one or two of these which would you drop? I'm not concerned about repetivness (ex. Tonys and MM), really looking at it from the perspective of food quality and experience.

* Whispering Canyon (we have a 6:35p ADR on our MK day. As of now MK closes at 6p on 3/19)
* Mama Melrose
* Tonys
* Sanaa
* Hollywood and Vine (I've heard it is really good now. Shocking.)
* Chef Mickeys

Thanks!

Congratulations on getting everything you were hoping for! That's great!! I'm not going to be much help in terms of what to drop but I offer a strong recommendation to keep Sanaa. Beautiful resort and restaurant, food is phenomenal, views of savanna at lunch are amazing, service great, well-spaced tables in the COVID era, not something you're likely to have at home and ... bread service. Hope you enjoy!

I am not sure why you feel you need to drop any I would keep what you have if they interest you. Of your list we have only been to Tony’s for dinner and Chef Mickey’s for breakfast. We are 3 adults with no kids who visit every few years and for the most part eat at TS for all 3 meals due to food allergies. We space the timing out and have a lighter lunch and find the time spent at lunch and dinner is when we relax and recharge as we are pretty much at the parks from open to close.

I am not sure why you feel you need to drop any I would keep what you have if they interest you. Of your list we have only been to Tony’s for dinner and Chef Mickey’s for breakfast. We are 3 adults with no kids who visit every few years and for the most part eat at TS for all 3 meals due to food allergies. We space the timing out and have a lighter lunch and find the time spent at lunch and dinner is when we relax and recharge as we are pretty much at the parks from open to close.

Because we have a lot of other TS ones in addition to this list. Ex. 50s Prime a time, Topolinos, Yak and Yeti, BOG, Beaches and Cream, etc....

We have always had good food and service at Tony’s and also love BOG and 50’s PTC. Can you give us your full schedule of days including parks and what time your ADRs are to help you decide if you should eliminate any and if so which ones?

Hi! So awesome that you got everything you wanted and more 😊 I personally would drop Hollywood and Vine. We had never been previously and thought we would have a try for our anniversary before going to Savis. We both were extremely disappointed in the food. For the money you pay it just wasn’t worth it to us. If you have kids, then that might be different but for us, just wasn’t worth it. Good luck in whatever you decide and have fun!

I would also drop Hollywood and Vine. I haven't heard that the food had improved, and I have never been there, but have never heard anything good about it! Dated and dirty and what I often hear.

I would drop Chef Mickey's! We went last month and now that it is family style, I felt like we spent a lot of time not eating and just waiting for food to come after we requested more.

Honestly, I haven’t really ever had many good experiences at Tony’s. I would pick Mama Melrose over Tony’s personally. Do you have any other reservations at MK?

We have BOG. We did Jungle Canteen last trip and there really isn't another TS I'd consider. I'd probably just drop and do QS.

I have also heard that at this time it is really overpriced for what you get.

We were fortunate to go when it was no characters so it was actually half the price, but I still was unhappy! Basically, by the time we had to keep sending him back for stuff (who brings 5 pieces of bacon for 7 people?? Or 1 tiny skillet of eggs?) I was like, load us up on (insert item) and he still brought very little. We had all just run a 10k on property and we were hungry!!

I get that they don't want to waste, but I assured him it was going to be eaten. It was like he was afraid to bring out enough!

We were really fortunate with our ADRs today and have more TS than we probably need/want. If you were to drop one or two of these which would you drop? I'm not concerned about repetivness (ex. Tonys and MM), really looking at it from the perspective of food quality and experience.

* Whispering Canyon (we have a 6:35p ADR on our MK day. As of now MK closes at 6p on 3/19)
* Mama Melrose
* Tonys
* Sanaa
* Hollywood and Vine (I've heard it is really good now. Shocking.)
* Chef Mickeys

Thanks!
I would only keep Whispering Canyon if you are staying at the resort.

I would also drop Hollywood and Vine. I haven't heard that the food had improved, and I have never been there, but have never heard anything good about it! Dated and dirty and what I often hear.

Since they reopened as family style the reviews have been consistently raving about how impressive it is. It’s not the same place anymore.

Since they reopened as family style the reviews have been consistently raving about how impressive it is. It’s not the same place anymore.

I actually thought it was one of the better buffets on property once it stopped being Disney Jr.
Really love the salmon, but seemed they had a wide variety the two times we've been for Minnie's Holiday Dine.

There has been pretty much nothing but fantastic reviews since it reopened. Completely different menu, and I believe a new chef. It is not at all the same restaurant it was pre-Covid, so any reviews from before then would not apply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter