• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which tent loop?

inlovewithmickey

Earning My Ears
I have a question for all of the tent campers on the board. I am incredibly excited that my family has decided to travel to FW in October '04. We're up for the whole tent camping experience, and we want to save some $$ by staying in one of the partial hookup loops. For those who have stayed in them, which do you like better, 1500 or 2000 (I think those are the right numbers?) We'll have a large and small tent, 3 adults, and 2 children ages 5 and 4. Thanks for your help!

We loved(I mean LOVED) the 1500 loop. It is right across from the meadows pool which we used everyday. At the beginning of the loop there is a sandpit with a tetherball. Our 2 and 4 year old played there quite often and we could see it from our site. It was great because it kept them busy while we were getting dinner ready or doing other things. They also met up with other kids to play with. Our site was right next to the comfort station (1503) and there was a shortcut that my girls loved to use. The only problem with that site is that it was right behind the bus station. We got used to the noise after a few nights though. My daughters fed fruitloops to the bunny that came to our site every morning. We had a large tent (20 X 10) a dining tent, a small play tent for the kids, a kids' picnic table and it all fit with a little room to spare. We had a blast!!!!!!

Thank you so much for the information! That is exactly what I needed to know. I hope we have as much fun as it sounds like you had. Thanks again.

the4moores is correct - of the two, the 1500 loop is closer to the action. But some folks like it quiet. It's all in what you are looking for.

Many of the loops have some sort of playground activity on the loop. Tether ball, basketball, climbing bars and the like are scattered around the complex.

If you take a look at the FW map (there is one on the bottom of my FW web-page) yo can see how 1500 is in the middle of things and 2000 is kind of hidden.

Tim5055...I loved the tent camping site that you have at the bottom of your of your post. I especially liked the picture that you have of the tent camper and ALL the "stuff" they have on their site...huge awning, refrigerator, etc.!! We are tent camping in November. I may have to invest in some of those things :p

I second the vote for site 1503!! I stayed there in December 02 and loved it!! Being right next to the comfort station is great!! Being next to the bus stop was really not a problem as it never kept me awake.

Meadows area with the campfire is right there and so is the Meadows trading post which is where you pick up your packages from package delivery!!

I had was a 10x10 tent and an awning and there was oodles of room!!

Carol

Sounds like 1500 is the winner! That's what we were leaning toward anyway. It looked closer to the fun, and less of a walk to a bus stop. We'll definitely request 1503. We're sound sleepers and don't mind a bit of noise, and the convenience to the comfort stations sounds awesome! We're so excited! We're planning to go for Halloween, one of my all-time favorite holidays, so I'm sure we'll have a ball with the new Jack Skellington lights I just found...lol. I just wish we were going THIS year instead of next, but I have no doubt that it will be worth the wait. Thanks for all the info...you guys are GREAT!

My vote is also for the 1500 loop. I have stayed in 1506 for the last two time (just back on the 24th) and we loved the convience of it. Close to the bathrooms, bus, pool and the trading post. The kids (13 and 18 ) could go where they wanted and still be fairly close.

Can you request a tent site at FW just as you do a room preference at a Disney hotel? We will be there in November. When would you request? Fax early or asking when you get there?

just as with room request it not guaranteed but they will do what they can to accommodate your wishes. Just make your request when booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter