which stroller should we get?

KTwiegs

Mouseketeer
Renting a stroller for the first time for this disney trip. (driving, 2 kids now, need the packing space)

I will have a 15 month old and an almost 6 year old (40ish lbs) at the time.
**yes the 6 year old is a bit old but he is a good disney napper so i want to have the option for him to pass out if he wants to**

with those size kids in mind should i rent the double city mini or the bob revolution duallie jogger double

second question, did anyone find a a double stroller more annoying then 2? we have never done the double stroller thing!

thanks for any insight, i feel like im going for the first time! 2 kids and staying off site is throwing me off my disney game!

How long is your trip? Unless it's just one or two days, I think renting is a complete waste. If you're driving and staying offsite, go to any local Wal-Mart and pick up a decent one for $70 or $80. Use it and then sell it for $50 when you're done. Or if you don't want the hassle of selling it, gift it to a family at WDW.

Don't feel odd about the 6 year old being in the stroller. We did it until our kids were 8 and have zero regrets.

I'd recommend going to a buy buy baby and test driving both...you want one you're comfortable navigating, especially if you don't use a double at home.

We bring our city mini gt double on every trip and it’s perfect. Last trip our 6yo was (48inches & 45 lbs) and rode in it fine.

To answer your other question we’ve done 2 singles once and it was not easy if we got split up and one person ended up with both strollers. One double has been much easier for our family and we actually pile all three kids in if needes

To answer your other question we’ve done 2 singles once and it was not easy if we got split up and one person ended up with both strollers. One double has been much easier for our family and we actually pile all three kids in if needes
wow great point on pushing 2 strollers! we usually have one person grab the stroller while the rest of the group moves on.. didnt think of that! thanks!

Renting a stroller for the first time for this disney trip. (driving, 2 kids now, need the packing space)

I will have a 15 month old and an almost 6 year old (40ish lbs) at the time.
**yes the 6 year old is a bit old but he is a good disney napper so i want to have the option for him to pass out if he wants to**

with those size kids in mind should i rent the double city mini or the bob revolution duallie jogger double

second question, did anyone find a a double stroller more annoying then 2? we have never done the double stroller thing!

thanks for any insight, i feel like im going for the first time! 2 kids and staying off site is throwing me off my disney game!

We tried two strollers, we tried a Chicco sit and stand, and we tried a double side by side.

Two strollers was highly annoying, especially when they end up in different places when the CMs move them.

The sit and stand was absolutely wonderful and it was so close to being perfect. The chicco has a little seat for the one standing, so we were able to put both kids in. The one bad part was that it didn't have the ability to recline for either kid; which made park closing a bad option. Our 5 year old couldn't get comfortable enough to sleep, and we kept worrying about a stiff neck for our 1 year old.

So...we bought a City Mini. Then sold it since we didn't like it. Then bought a Britax B-Agile double. Manuevering it around is worse than the Chicco, especially carrying it onto busses and closing. While we were able to fit into the photo centers, aisles, and places that allowed a stroller, it was big enough to require extra attention. Where it excelled was during nap times. Neither of our kid had any issues napping in it as it had the ability to full recline. The City Mini and Britax are both very similiar so your kids will be able to nap in those fine. The only things that brought us to Britax instead was the underseat storage was much better and easier to access in the Britax compared to the City Mini.

I would go with the double jogger. The joggers are so easy to maneuver. I will be there in a few weeks and I’m bringing my jogger for my twin 6 yr olds so no judgements from me. They will most likely walk everywhere but I want the option of them being able to take a rest if they need it, especially if we are in the parks at night.

Whatever you end up going with, make sure you check the size. Disney has recently changed what is allowed.

We found clips that let us join 2 umbrella-style strollers for the times when one person would be left with both. Worked like a charm.

We have a City Mini GT. Our good friends have the Bob Duallie. I find the Bob Duallie to be way easier to maneuver with bigger kids in it and fold (I personally think the fold on the City is a little trickier, but maybe our stroller is a lemon in that department?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!