Which restaurants should I be trying to get

cheryterese

DIS Veteran
I have a large ADR window opening up - what are the restaurants and times that are hard to get these days that I should be trying for near the end of my trip? A must try dining, something different, etc. Thanks!

Last edited:
The answer is based upon your tastes and what you want to eat. Booking restaurants just because they are harder to get does not equal you enjoying your meal.
You should look at the menus online and go from there?

The answer is based upon your tastes and what you want to eat. Booking restaurants just because they are harder to get does not equal you enjoying your meal.
You should look at the menus online and go from there?

They all look good! :-) I guess I'm just wondering if there's anything I should be sure to book right away as opposed to waiting. We'll have a longer trip than usual so I won't have every day planned out like I usually do but do want to have a few ADR's made that I might not be able to get as the trip gets closer.

I have a large ADR window opening up - what are the restaurants and times that are hard to get these days that I should be trying for near the end of my trip? A must try dining, something different, etc. Thanks!
As the PP said our choices are on what is on the menu (particularly for my DGS with special needs). So on this rainy morning Ive just printed off menus for some of the restaurants we fancy and then been on You Tube to take a look at lay out etc. Apart from BOG, TRex and Rainforest Cafe we're pretty flexible on our choices depending on location so I'm drafting up our schedule too.
Good luck with your planning!

I agree with the PP that your own tastes and wants should dictate what you try to book. I think too often we see posts from people that say something like this: "I finally got a reservation for Be Our Guest after trying for months, but now I look at the menu and there's nothing I like. Should I cancel it?" Posts like that beg the question, why try for a reservation without at least knowing whether the restaurant has food you would like? And it shows that some people are so focused on "what are the popular, hard to get, ADRs" instead of "what would I like".

That said, some of the hardest ADRs to get are for Be Our Guest, Ohana, and Cinderella's Royal Table. The new Rivers of Light dining package and the new character breakfast at Trattoria al Forno with Rapunzel, Flynn, Ariel, and Prince Eric will likely be difficult ADRs to get as well. But if there's any restaurant you want to eat at, or a specific day and time you are looking at eating somewhere, book it as soon as your window opens rather than waiting. With as quickly as ADRs get booked up, waiting to book will limit the choices available to you.

If you want BOG for dinner definitely try for that first and further out in your trip. That seems to be the only one I've ever had trouble getting towards the beginning of my trip. I've always been able to get O'hana fairly easily when my booking window opens up, but I've never had luck getting an ADR there later on. Depending on the time of year you're going the same can happen with Chef Mickey's breakfast if you want to go early.

My first thought when I saw this question was....."whatever you want"...lol. What I like and what you like might be 2differentthing. PERSONALLY, WE LOVE ohana, sci-fi and mama melrose!

I agree with the PP that your own tastes and wants should dictate what you try to book. I think too often we see posts from people that say something like this: "I finally got a reservation for Be Our Guest after trying for months, but now I look at the menu and there's nothing I like. Should I cancel it?" Posts like that beg the question, why try for a reservation without at least knowing whether the restaurant has food you would like? And it shows that some people are so focused on "what are the popular, hard to get, ADRs" instead of "what would I like".

Yes, yes, yes!!! I have been saying this for about 15 years. It is almost like some cult.....gotta get what everybody else is having. Keeping up with the Joneses. Monkey see, monkey do.
I've seen it with Cinderella's Royal Table, who has less than exciting food. Le Cellier, who has the least exciting steaks on property, Be Our Guest (Dinner), who really does not have that great of a menu...to name a few.

Last edited:
OP I totally agree with the others.
You should try to get the ADR's for the restaurants that appeal to you and your family. Hounding a restaurant because it is hard to get if it is not a menu that you would enjoy makes absolutely no sense.

Last edited:
Like the others said, you do you.

BOG is popular, but we have no interest in eating dinner there, so I'm not going to make an ADR just because it's what everyone else does. People love T-Rex, we hated it. We love BOG breakfast for the food, not just to get in early, but many people hate the food.

After trying for 3 years I was finally able to book BOG for dinner..............I've read the reviews so I know the food can be.........sketchyo_O........but the theming is awesome and The Beast! We're happy to have it.

As for the OP's question...........the advise given here is right on.............make choices based on what you like........if you don't like pizza then Via Napoli won't be for you. If you like characters.........you have an abundance of choices. We prefer the breakfast character meals as they tend to be less expensive.

Any way you go.........have a magical trip.

Doug :goofy:

If you tell us your options, we can tell you which ones on your list to book first when you call/log on. But, as others have said, only you can decide what you're even remotely interested in.

The ones that are tough to get for us is ohana, sci-fi , BOG lunch and even teppan edo if you wait too long.

If you want BOG for dinner definitely try for that first and further out in your trip. That seems to be the only one I've ever had trouble getting towards the beginning of my trip. I've always been able to get O'hana fairly easily when my booking window opens up, but I've never had luck getting an ADR there later on. Depending on the time of year you're going the same can happen with Chef Mickey's breakfast if you want to go early.

The ones that are tough to get for us is ohana, sci-fi , BOG lunch and even teppan edo if you wait too long.

Thanks, all! My son really wants to eat at Teppan Edo and I didn't think that would be hard to get so haven't reserved but after seeing the above comment I definitely will. We've eaten at BOG for lunch and enjoyed that so I did end up getting a dinner ADR there near the end of our trip. I think my kids will enjoy that with the new movie coming out.

I'm curious about Ohana - it sounds fun but we have a couple vegetarians so I'm not sure if that would work for us.

I have a lot of days still open. I guess I'm just feeling indecisive this trip! In the past I knew I wanted character meals at specific times: Crystal Palace an hour before park opening, Akershus at dinner, etc., but my kids are older and more flexible now so I feel like we have more options and not so many must-do's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter