Which restaurant did you not like that everyone raves about?

coral reef My food was overcooked (crunchy), DH's was undercooked (raw). It was inedible. The place was damp and dark. Also chef mickeys. Although the characters were fun, the food was not.

Le Cellier for us too. Food was fine but like another poster above said, seating was way too close to other diners (I'm talking elbows could touch type close ;))

On one side we had a honeymoon couple and we tried to give them all the privacy we could but I'm sure it wasn't the romantic meal they hoped to have. On the other side was a family with a little boy who kept trying to drive his toy car across my filet mignon :laughing:

1900 Park Fare - once was enough. Incredibly loud in there!!

Chef Mickey's - Food was mediocre at best.

Ohana. I seriously don't get the hype. It's meat on a skewer. The servers walk around and plop it down on your table. I'd prefer something cooked to order.

On the other hand, I'm shocked (shocked, I say) at the negative reviews for Raglan Road. It's my favorite restaurant in WDW. Guess it proves the old saying, "Different strokes for different folks".

Agree with everybody about the DP dumbing down the food quality at Disney. They should do away with it altogether and offer room discounts in it's place. But that ain't gonna happen...

Jim

pilferk said:
California Grill.

We've been twice...and both times had food and service issues.

We won't go back, on our dime. I've been ONE other time, for a business dinner. Even then I wasn't overly impressed (and the service wasn't great)...but it wasn't the disaster it was the two times previous.

I thought it was just me:) I've been twice as well,and the food was pretty tasteless:/

Ohana: cold sausage, cold Mickey Waffles, I didn't even try the eggs after the first two items!

Ohana - overcooked meat and bad service
Le Cellier - mediocre steak and tables too close together.
Liberty Tree -TV dinner food.
The Wave - just awful with health department concerns.
Any buffet with the exception of Boma. - just disappointing.

I said Jiko & it wasn't because the food was too exotic for us. In fact, it was quite the opposite. After reading replies like this, we went in expecting a meal of well spiced food that was an escape from the ordinary. Our meal was very average & the food was closer to bland than exotic. We would have loved an exotic meal. I'm really surprised that people consider Jiko's food that unusual.

I think that Jiko has 'dumbed down' their menu items to appeal to many people who don't care for exotic/different foods. We love different foods and used to love Jiko...not so much now.

Just curious!
Yak N Yeti! When I first visited the restaurant it was great! The service was speedy and friendly, portion size was enough to share, and the food was quite good! My last visit (2010) everything changed... The servers were rude, the once wonderful fried green beans were wet with grease, and the other entrees seemed to be all sauce and no substance. Probably wont visit this one again...

Flame me, but this is my opinion. We've been going to WDW multiple times a year for 20+ years and free dining and the dining plans have 'dumbed down' the menu's.

We've lived it , seen it.

This trip I was disappointed with Artist Point. My salmon was bland and barely had sides and we were seated in a back corner which did little for ambience.

I find this so interesting. The same restaurants keep coming up, while many others do not. I'd say, this is a great restaurant review thread.

Mine are -
1. 50's Prime Time - In the "old" days (pre free DDP), this was a must for us. Now the pot roast is tough & stringy, the meatloaf is like cardboard, the sides are from a can, & the portions are small! We miss the "old" 50's Prime Time.

2. Yachtsman's Steakhouse - Love the atmosphere, the servers have been great, love the rolls, love/love/love the seasoned fries. But the last 3 times our steaks were not what we ordered. We always order our steaks as - "pink, but no red running juices". We've always been told in all steakhouses that is a medium steak - but we always explain anyway. The last 3 times our steaks have been undercooked or overcooked. So, sadly, no more.

3. DH does not like the food at WCC at all. I like the pulled pork & ribs. So this one is a toss up for us.

Eeeesh! Between this thread and the worst ride thread, I'm wondering why I'm going now!

Garden Grill, worst meal I've ever paid for. 4 of us and we all left starving.

I'm so glad I saw someone post this.....I thought I was the only one. I'll never go back here...horrible food, horrible experience and VERY pricey!

;45976718]Just curious![/QUOTE]

San Angel. Granted, my hopes were high...when I was a teen it was my fave at disney. (especially when I was vegetarian- they used to have a menu JUST for vegetarians!)
The last time we went, we had to explain 3 times that one of ourarty was dairy free. The food was awful, dried out chicken under a canned tasting mole sauce, freezer burn and ice crystals all over the ice cream, etc. The kids meal burrito was so tiny! (think not even half of a bean burrito from taco bell). So not worth the money! Service was awful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter