Which restaurant did you not like that everyone raves about?

We do not travel from Australia to WDW for the food.. we go for the parks obviously. That said the food we had for the entire 9 days was only very average. (and that is being kind) The QS Chinese was terrrible Hot dogs and burgers every where were just OK. The Coke and fries were good.

Pops breakfast was OK

Sci fi quite small serves and the desert very small. (lovely service though) All this in a country which usually has very big serves and quality outside of disney (we found)

Of course no competition inside the world and I agree the Dining plan is to blame. (sometimes free dining) Only get what you pay for I suppose 20 years ago when we were there it was alot better. (been 5 times now which is not bad for an Aussie):):worship:

Like I said we accept the food inside the word is only OK but that does not stop us going to the bestest and fun place on earth when we can.:cool1::cool1:

DONALD38 said:
Le Cellier, they call this a steak house. The best steak I can remember getting at WDW was from the Contemporary Resorts Concourse Steak House back in the day. We found nothing great about Le Cellier and that was using 1 credit. Now it's 2?

Agree wholeheartedly! We loved Concourse and it's staff!

Columbia Harbor House-like being served cold fast food. It was a lot better years ago. Pecos-fixins bar is good but burgers are of the school cafeteria variety. Cinderella's Royal Table-view was nice but WOW was this ever overrated and WAAAAY overpriced! The food was awful! Even if I'd paid $10 a plate I'd be saying the same thing about the food. Really bad.

I have 2 and only because I have given both numerous chances and always been disappointed. This is, of course, just my opinion and having read different reviews of places I can understand why folk would love them:
1- Le Cellier: Both times the meal wash rushed, server obviously couldn't wait to turn the table to get more guests in and the food was just ok both times. Worst part was one of the trips was my parents wedding anniversary (it said on the ADR, they were wearing pins and were dressed up) no one even acknowledged it and we were still rushed :confused3

2- Beirgarten: I just don't get it?! The food (imo) is ok at best, I suppose the show is entertaining, it just doesn't do anything for me:(

Whispering Canyon Cafe....gross food (give me McDonalds seven days a week over the crud at WCC), rude staff and painfully slow service.

Sci-Fi - food was so-so and I agree with an earlier poster who said that it feels dirty.
50's Prime Time - We've tried several times because people seem to love it but the food is just average and the schtick isn't enought ot overcome it.

Chefs de France hands down. We keep trying because of the reviews and always end up wondering what were we thinking. From having our daughters entire plate tipped over onto her lap and not even getting an apology. PS. She was 14 and was not impressed. I find the service to be more Waffle House then Chefs de France. The food has never been that great or the service but I do love the atmosphere. We're planning our next trip and I doubt that we will go back. Finally learned our lesson.

SciFI - tried it twice and didn't get eatable food either time. Also, a bit too dark for our taste.

I agree, though, that for everyone who hates a certain restaurant, they'll be just as many who love it. That's human nature and different taste. Nothing wrong with that. Makes life interesting!;)

Tokyo Dining......my sister and I shared the bento box and the salmon tasted like it was coated in salt and the rest was just bad and had a weird taste to it. We both ended up with horrible food poisoning later that night. We actually enjoyed Tony's and thought the food was good. It did feel a bit crowded though.

San Angel Inn--before the rehab. Worst food I have ever eaten, on WDW property or off. Even though it has been thru a rehab, I still won't try it again.

Coral Reef-- I was the only one who liked my food, lobster pasta. The rest of my family that their food was awful (fried shrimp, lobster bisque and mahi mahi)

Now I love Sci-FI, it gets bad reviews, but we always have good food and good service there.

Jiko - the worst
Ohana - just ok
Le Cellier - really good risotto but just ok filet

I forgot to mention Fulton's.....I ate here about 3 years ago and it was terrible. Maybe it's what I ordered but I found it tasteless.

Just curious!

California Grill.

We've been twice...and both times had food and service issues.

We won't go back, on our dime. I've been ONE other time, for a business dinner. Even then I wasn't overly impressed (and the service wasn't great)...but it wasn't the disaster it was the two times previous.

Le Cellier -- We were there a couple of weeks ago for a late lunch. I didn't enjoy my steak at all. My husband and I liked the cheese soup, but that was it. We won't be back.

I'm just glad we paid lunch prices and not dinner prices! :)

LeCellier----seating is too close for my comfort, food over salted and steak average. For the money, I expected better.

Bistro de Paris---this was a real shocker--I thought this would be a great meal. It was pretentious, over-priced and service was alternately rushed and non-existent.

Interesting responses! The one thing I am sure of, there isn't one eating establishement at Disney where I've encountered totally inedible food! I may not have liked the cost/service.

I've eaten at Disney since it opened in 1971, it was a lot simpler then, you had a choice of burger, hot dog, burger! This was before chicken nuggets/mac & cheese became the staples of Americana!

Sometimes the menu selections have astounded me, Mac/Cheese w/ a filet at Jiko (Really, Mac & Cheese), Poutine at Le Cellier (which in no way resembles authentic poutine).

My only surprise at this point, ABC Commisary, why is it still open!

OT Does anyone remember when Chef Mickeys was at DTD Marketplace? Probably 20 years ago! That was as good restaurant.

I still have my souvenir red mug that says Chef Mickey's!!
You are so right that is when it was REALLY good

Le Cellier - soup is too salty and felt rushed
San Angel Inn I agree hated it before the refurb and I refuse to go back
1900PF tried breakfast (food was cold) and dinner did not like it one bit
Hated being crammed up in that side room (felt like I was on punishment)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter