Which Resort for your Honeymoon?

Skylarr29 said:
On your honeymoon??? Hopefully you will spend alot of time in your room ;)

Not us!!! You can't go see Mickey every day! The rest of that junk will be there when you get home ;) Romance Shmomance! Give us fun instead anyday!!

BwayBaby said:
I guess we're in the minority, but we're staying for 10 days/9 nights at POP Century (leaving in exactly one week - our wedding is this Sunday!). We decided to stay longer at the value resort (which feels more Disney to me as I've been to the world 12 times, but have never stayed on property) rather than a shorter stay at a more expensive resort.

And...we don't plan on being in the room that much as we've been together for three years and have lived together for almost a full year - we know what "that's" all about by now and we're looking forward to rides, food, fun, and the occasional "nap" -- if you get my drift! :-)

I am so there with you! We have been dating for 6 years and lived together for 5. We're over all that gushy junk most of the time ;) We might also opt for Pop Century for a longer stay instead of the Contemporary which is what we have planned for now. It really does feel SOOOO Disney there :Pinkbounc

"We rented points from a DVC member via the DVC Rent/Trade thread on this board."

Hey! Hey! Hey!! This is news to me that you can do this, where is this thread at?????? :yay:

4 nights at POFQ, then a hop, skip and a jump to Shades of Green for 6 nights!! Thanks to my Navy bro-in-law!!! Love the fact that we are right across from GF for only $103.00 a night!! Great on our budget! :cool1: :thumbsup2

TinkBride said:
"We rented points from a DVC member via the DVC Rent/Trade thread on this board."

Hey! Hey! Hey!! This is news to me that you can do this, where is this thread at?????? :yay:

Its in the DVC section when you scroll down on the DIS boards main page. It takes a little while to learn the ins and outs of renting points but it can work in your favor. However, renting takes a lot of trust on both the DVC owner's and renter's part. I know since I've been on both sides of the fence. There is a renting FAQ sticky on the top of the rent/trade board. It will give some basic info on how it works. ;)

Hey!! I never noticed this before (and I'm sure you have,) but Sajetto and HeatherLynn are only getting married 1 day apart! That's so cool!! I wish I knew someone who was getting married there around the same time as me :teeth:

BwayBaby said:
And...we don't plan on being in the room that much as we've been together for three years and have lived together for almost a full year - we know what "that's" all about by now and we're looking forward to rides, food, fun, and the occasional "nap" -- if you get my drift! :-)
:rotfl2:
I thought that too, but it's different after the wedding - it's SO romantic - you just pledged your love and your life to this person. I dunno, for me it just felt different. I wanted to be just with him, alone, in our room . . . :blush:

We're staying at Wilderness Lodge. We thought about Animal Kingdom but FH has bad allergies and we didn't know how the animals would affect him. :earsboy:

SRUAlmn said:
Hey!! I never noticed this before (and I'm sure you have,) but Sajetto and HeatherLynn are only getting married 1 day apart! That's so cool!! I wish I knew someone who was getting married there around the same time as me :teeth:

hey! I thought I had noticed that awhile back. pretty cool! also, there is a girl at my school in the same social club as me getting married ON my wedding day (btw, I had the date set 3 months b4 the girl at my school got engaged!) :teeth:

We were going to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, but since we are going on an off week, we are getting a honeymoon suite at the GF plus dining for one week, and it is about half of what we were budgetting to spend. I think it really pays to go during a slow time. I didn't even know that was the slow time when we booked it. We just got lucky! I am sooo excited, I'm like a 4 year old! This is my first trip to Disney!! :)

We stayed at the Polynesian before our wedding, during our wedding, and for part of our Disneymoon. We had a room on the first floor, so the porch was great to use! We were also very close to the pool and the Seven Seas Lagoon! We had fun taking pics in our wedding clothes outside and everyone stopped to congratulate us! :goodvibes I had always wanted to stay at Poly and finally did! We had been there many times, but never actually stayed there. We had the Garden View and it was lovely! We even had ducks come and visit us at our door every afternoon....too cute! For the last two nights of our Disneymoon we moved to Pop-Century to save some money, which was great too! We had a lot of fun there as well and had a nice view of the bowling pin pool. It was great to have extra money to spend! :cheer2:

If this helps....we're not getting married at Disney, but rather in Pennslyvania (where my parent's live) and we have a Jacuzzi suite that night (this Sunday night) at the Hotel where we're getting hitched. We will be totally and utterly alone....then on Monday we head back into NYC (we live in Manhattan) and we'll have one night there with Champagne (it's chilling in the fridge already) and NO ONE around again....so by the time we get to Disney we'll be ready for some fun!!!

We're most looking forward to landing and heading right to MGM for Tower of Terror (my fiance's favorite ride) and Rock N Roller Coaster (my favorite ride)!
We're then having a very romantic dinner at Flying Fish Cafe on the boardwalk our first night. We also have California Grill booked for our 1-week anniversary dinner next Sunday night for some good food and fireworks!

:love: Trust me, we're not quite over the gushy romantic stuff, but we're both looking so forward to being romantic and riding rides!

SRUAlmn said:

You're right! I have seen a few brides that are within a few days of me but HeatherLynn, you're the closest!

Hi everyone, My DH2B and I will be staying at the Poly before, during and after our wedding. Were arriving at the Poly before our wedding, getting married at Sunset Pointe at the Poly, and disneymooning at the Poly. :banana: :tinker: pixiedust:

We're staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. He surprised me with a trip and proposed there. It's also our favorite resort, we love the animals. :)

We will be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. The Grand Floridian was also not in our budget LOL! We thought about staying there for one night, like after the ceremony, but decided we really didn't want to have to pack up, check out, and check in just for one night.

Plus the Port Orleans resorts mean a lot to us, we stayed at POR when we got engaged and love both resorts -- POFQ a bit more because it is smaller and with DS that makes it easier on us :-)

Best wishes!

We are staying at the POFQ too!!! :banana: My DF loves New Orleans :) I like that it is a smaller resort and our TA posted everywhere that it is our Honeymoon. We will see what happens. I was hoping to get advice on a room any suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter