Which park for our family??--me, hubby, 4

Fantasia_

I'm ready for the World!
We are not a roller-coaster lover, we are just a mellow rider people. Which one do you think would be best for us? USF or IOA? I just want my kids to enjoy this park. OR do you think we should just stick to WDW? Also what rides (no roller-coasters) and shows not to be missed? Any infos would be greatly appreciated!! :)

noears.gif
broom.gif

<font color=green><marquee direction="right" align= "middle" behavior= "alternate">Disney***Where magic and dreams come true!***</marquee></font>

<font color=red> ASMovies 9/00</font>
<font color=blue>ASMovies 9/01</font>
DL-79,82,92,03-I hope!
WDW-83,91,94,00

With two young children I think Universal is the best bet.

The kids, and you, will LOVE the Curious George area and Fievel's playland. I enjoyed Animal Actors show and if your kids are like mine they'll love the Barney show.

For the adults the don't misses are Men In Black, Hanna Barbera, T2 and Back to the Future. I also never miss ET, Jaws and Kongfrontation.

Let us know what you decide, and whichever,have a wonderful trip!

-------------------------

MOM
Mother of Michael
Proverbs 3:5-6

hwink.gif

<font color=purple>Co-Moderator of the Community and Universal/IOA Boards</font color=purple>

my 4 year old preferred IOA to Universal this past December but she also LOVES the Grinch so that plays a big factor in her opinion!

She loved Dr. Suess land which was transformed into Whoville for Christmas.

At Universal she loved what the previous poster mentioned and especially the ET ride.

She also loved the Woody Wood Pecker Roller Coaster which I think was at IOA.

Woody's Nuthouse Coaster is actually at USF, although IOA now has the similar Flying Unicorn family coaster which opened last year. I agree with Robin, for a family that is not into fast thrill rides, USF may be a better bet although there would be some stuff at IOA too.

Jim

<A HREF="http://uoio.8m.com">Universal Orlando Information Overload</A>- Coming Soon

Thanks guys for replying! Which one has more to see or should I say shows? Which park has more characters? Sorry, too many questions. :( The last time I visited Universal was 20 yrs ago in California and Island of Adventure is new to me and never been there before.

Universal does have more kiddie rides? My husband and I would do kiddie rides cause I know they are not scary to ride on and our kids can ride with us. Thanks guys for any infos!! :)

noears.gif
broom.gif

<font color=green><marquee direction="right" align= "middle" behavior= "alternate">Disney***Where magic and dreams come true!***</marquee></font>

DL-79,82,92,03-I hope!
WDW-83,91,94,00

You guys will love the Woody Woodpecker roller coaster if you guys aren't into thrill rides. This is a wonderful kids coaster that every child I've brought to USF wants to ride over and over.

Islands of Adventure's Seussland is a wonderful not to be missed area but if I had a choice for young children I always choose Universal Studios, IF you must choose. I've been in this position several times and missing IOA is hard for me but there are so many more things for the young set at Universal.

-------------------------

MOM
Mother of Michael
Proverbs 3:5-6

hwink.gif

<font color=purple>Co-Moderator of the Community and Universal/IOA Boards</font color=purple>

2 things:

Don't miss "Barney's Backyard". It's inside and filled with interactive activities. It's located to the right of the Barney giftshop near the Barney Show entrance at Universal. Go while a show is in progress and you'll have the place to yourself.

Concerning Woody Woodpecker coaster, check to make sure there's no limits.

Between the two parks there's enough to keep everyone entertained but it would probably be more fun for the 2 year old to wait a few years, jmho!

Thanks Robinrs for your quick reply. I just want my family to have a good time at the park rather than just say "what a waste of time and money, we didn't see anything we liked or do anything." We can only see one or the other since time is very limited and so as money!! Thanks again!!

noears.gif
broom.gif

DL-79,82,92,03-I hope!
WDW-83,91,94,00

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest