Which month is better November or May?

crystaldri

Mouseketeer
We are trying to decide if we should cruise in May or November. Has anyone cruised these months and if so how was the weather?

November would probably be cheaper, but it is still the tail end of hurricane season.

We have went both times during May and LOVED :love: it!!!! The weather was so nice and still not too hot yet but warm enough for swimming.
I don't know how Nov. is because we haven't been during that month!
Good luck and have FUN!

We just got back from the May 15th Wonder and we had excellent weather. Sunny and 83 everyday. We also did the parks for a few days before our cruise and had nice weather there too.

I have cruise 3 times in May, its my favorite time of year to cruise. In Nov you still have the chance of a hurricane but its cheaper in Nov. May is awesome.

I have cruised several times in each month and I would say both are about equal. Nov is still hurricane season, so if you have heart set on a particular island etc (or have never been on a cruise) May be a better choice for you.

We have cruised on the 11/15/03 & 12/4/04 and love that time of year. Our favorite thing is that the ship is decorated for the holidays. :)

We cruised May 8 2005! I don't think the weather or the sea conditions could have been any better! I vote May!

Jen :shamrock:

crystaldri said:
If we go in November there is 2 stops in Castaway Cay, but is it warm enough to swim?

We went swimming on both 11/21/03 & 12/10/04 at CC. The weather was down right hot on our first trip. We wore shorts all week long and enjoyed the wonderful temps. :)

Yes, the water is definetly warm enough for swimming in Nov, the air temperature is ussually just right during both months. If you cruise in the middle of summer the islands can stiffling hot.

I've only cruised in May. Hurrican season scares me. But the weather and seas were perfect in May 2004 for our cruise! The seas in Grand Cayman were perfectly still ... would have been perfect for skiing!

Our first cruise was the end of May, 2003 and our 2nd in early November 2004 ... we had awesome weather on both cruises.

I was just there May7,2005. I thought the water in CC. was too cold. I'm betting it's warmer in Nov. after the summer sun warms it up some. I'm going the end of Sept. 2006 this time.I kwon it's hurricane season but that don't bother me. :wave2:

Thanks for all your advice. Still can't decide on which month. May is $600. more for a family of 4 but I really want nice weather since last time we had a horrible cold rainy day on CC in April 05 . Nov does have 2 stops in CC but is it summerlike weather in Nov?

Yes, it was in the high 80s-90s on both of our cruises. You forget what month it is in the warmth of the Carribean. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!