Which moderate?

You asked for advice on a moderate resort and now you are talking about Pop which is a value resort - what do you really want?
Actually I didn't start the thread, asking for advice just made a comment!

This is a forum for advice or am I lost?

I was looking at resorts nearest to Epcot so it's easier for Disney runs if you must know.

Have a pleasant day:)

Hi all. Adults-only (myself and DH) food & wine trip next year. Which moderate would you choose and why? TIA
Since it's a F&W trip, I would vote for CBR. With the Skyliner access from that resort, you will be able to get to and from Epcot without having to deal with the buses.

Have a great trip!

Hi all. Adults-only (myself and DH) food & wine trip next year. Which moderate would you choose and why? TIA

The only one I wouldn't pick is CBR. It is just too big. I'd go with either CSR (which has a very adult feel) or POFQ (due to the small size). I love both of those resorts

Gran Destino Tower! We were just there last weekend for an adults only trip for F&W and it was perfect. The downstairs lounge, Dahlia & three bridges all have amazing drinks!

Another vote for POFQ. I love everything about that resort, the size, theming, food court, rooms, buses, seriously, love it. POR is a close second, but I hated CSR and CBR.

you're all selling me on POFQ.. but would you chose it over POP? It's about $400 difference and we aren't ones to stay at the resort all that much.

If you can afford the $400 difference, POFQ is definitely worth it, but if you can't swing it, I'd stick with Pop. I personally enjoy Pop a lot. The overall theming of the resort is super cute, love the renovated rooms, the food court is surprisingly good. Save FQ for a time when you'll be utilizing the resort amenities.

Bonnet Creek is the cheapest during F&W. As a Wyndham owner, I can book a 2 Bedroom Deluxe for an entire week most of Sept and Nov for $610. You would have to have a car, but it gives way more bang for your buck than any of the WDW moderates. If you don't want to pay for parking, you can just park at Disney Springs and take the bus to Beach Club, Boardwalk or the Contemporary and walk to the Parks. The only time you HAVE to pay for parking is if you're going to Animal Kingdom.

I personally can't stand Hotel rooms. I need a full kitchen, private bedroom and a balcony. None of the moderates are worth giving up those amenities when they can be so easily had for less $$$. I rent out Bonnet Creek all the time on Redweek. It's actually mostly DVC owners that have rented from me and were short on points. Once you've stayed in a condo with awesome amenities, it's hard to go back to Hotel accommodations, even if you're barely in the room. The deluxe resorts are nicer than Bonnet Creek, but moderates are not.

Bonnet Creek is the cheapest during F&W. As a Wyndham owner, I can book a 2 Bedroom Deluxe for an entire week most of Sept and Nov for $610. You would have to have a car, but it gives way more bang for your buck than any of the WDW moderates. If you don't want to pay for parking, you can just park at Disney Springs and take the bus to Beach Club, Boardwalk or the Contemporary and walk to the Parks. The only time you HAVE to pay for parking is if you're going to Animal Kingdom.

I personally can't stand Hotel rooms. I need a full kitchen, private bedroom and a balcony. None of the moderates are worth giving up those amenities when they can be so easily had for less $$$. I rent out Bonnet Creek all the time on Redweek. It's actually mostly DVC owners that have rented from me and were short on points. Once you've stayed in a condo with awesome amenities, it's hard to go back to Hotel accommodations, even if you're barely in the room. The deluxe resorts are nicer than Bonnet Creek, but moderates are not.
YOU make so really good points. It all depends on what is most important to your group though. We didn't care for Bonnet Creek. The things you listed just aren't important to our family. Convinence of Disney transportation, theme, ect are more important to us. We have a car, but typically don't like to drive to the parks. We don't care about having a private bedroom ect. We have also never been able to get prices like this for Bonnet creek. It is typically comparable to a Disney moderate or renting DVC for a Deluxe for us. We much prefer renting DVC.

I just bought resale on Ebay for a couple hundred bucks. I've already more than made back my purchase price renting out Bonnet Creek. The cheapest way to get it is through TUG. There are tons of owners who just want to recover their MF and will rent out at cost because they don't care to learn the rental market. I save my guest certs for profit though. I have 2 weeks that always sell for $1300-$1400 but only cost me $610 to book. DVC is way more expensive to rent/own. I do like the theming of the Disney resorts, but you can always just eat/watch fireworks at one then sleep at a cheaper spot off property. The only thing you cannot do at a resort if you're not staying is swim in the pool.

I think most people just don't realize how ridiculously cheap and easy it is to become a Wyndham resale owner. I think the going rate for a 2 bedroom rental is $150 a night, but you could probably find an owner willing to rent it out at $100 a night if renting isn't there normal thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!