Which mod---POR, CBR, or CSR?

MommytoCaitlyn

Mouseketeer
I'm stuck. I don't know which mod to book. Well, actually, we already have a reservation for ASMo but we're going to switch to a moderate instead. I've previously stayed at POFQ and loved it but we want to stay somewhere else. It will be myself, my DH, and our 3 year old DD. We typically don't spend a lot of time at the resort, maybe one afternoon for swimming and relaxing, otherwise we'll be in the parks. We are only paying to stay in the "standard" rooms at each resort, no preferred rooms or anything. We'd like to be semi-close to the buses, but I know without paying for a preferred location we won't be really close. Oh, and if you suggest a resort, where should I "request" to stay at that resort? We'll only hit up the resort restaurant for breakfasts, and how hard is it to really screw up eggs and waffles?? Help narrow my decision down, my DH left it all up to me!!! Thanks!!!

Some additional info to go along with my questions. I see that CBR only has double beds, this may not be the most ideal place for my DH and I...we need sleeping space :rotfl2: Also, I see that CSR is hosting an international MUSE conference during our stay, is this a problem usually (its a conference for medical professionals I think)? Thanks again!!

Well, I can only help with POR and CSR. I have never stayed at CBR and really have no desire to. We have stayed at POR twice and CSR once. Both stays were lovely. POR is wonderful, and I think I prefer it to CSR. Now that they are remodeling and putting in queen size beds, it will be even better! We loved the queen sized beds at CSR. POR is big depending on what room you end up in, but it still seems very cozy. We like the food court, and eat there every day at some point. I was not a fan of the food court at CSR. That was really my only issue with CSR, but I probably wouldn't want to be there during a massive conference. The pool is wonderful, but if you are going to CSR for the extra amenities like the workout room, it is like a million miles away. We were very centrally located to the pool and El Centro, but everywhere else was a hike, so I never made it very far. It was an excellent resort to be sick at. I can tell you that b/c I was very sick there. I enjoyed my queen size bed very much whilst ill. That won't matter once the refurb is complete at POR. I never have an issue sleeping there even in a double bed. The only issue is that my daughter likes to roll on top of my face like a starfish. Once I pried her off I was fine!

Ok, I know I rambled a bit, but if I were to recommend a new place for you to try, I think it would be POR, especially if you like the feel of POFQ. And, as a bonus, if you want, you are able to visit POFQ by walking the path or hopping on a boat. Just in case you miss POFQ. From what I understand, they are doing nightly movies on the lawn at both POR and POFQ now, and also have firepits at both locations, so that is cozy.

I can't say where you should request to stay at POR, b/c the really close places are preferred buildings. I was put in building 14 b/c I sent in a letter letting them know how much I loved their resort, but also that it was very difficult for me to walk all the way to the back of the resort in the first building we were in during our 2010 stay. I have a slight disability that becomes exascerbated by all the walking at Disney. It was wonderful when we got there and found our building was about 30 feet away from the food court!!!! My feet were great the whole trip. I am very grateful to POR for that. The best you can do is put in the request if you aren't willing to pay for preferred, and hope they are able to put you where you want.

At POR and CSR we were close to bus stops. I would say we waited a little longer at CSR than at POR though. If I had to guess which resort I think you'd prefer, I would say it would be POR, but like I said, both are beautiful. Good luck! Oh, btw, we are staying at POFQ this year, and are super excited! I always wanted to walk or boat there to visit, and never made it. Yay!!!

We love the foodcourt at POR. I believe that have read that CSR is or will be testing a buffet. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.:)

At POR they have a made to order pasta bar that was a wonderful treat. That sticks our for me more than anything else. Always found a nice table to sit at. We have always lucked out to have a room close to a bus stop and a quiet pool just a short walk away. Never used the quiet pool though because we were there in the winter.

When are you planning on going?

The new refurbed rooms look nice. Have you seen the pictures of the finished ones and soon to be finished ones?

We have toured CSR and CBR but have never stayed there. Stayed at POR twice. We did not like the food setup at all. Had planned to eat there and then changed our minds because of it. CBR did not appeal to us because the playgrounds were on sand (not sure if they still are) and DS hated to have sand on him or in his shoes.:lmao: Plus it seemed to spread out for us. Funny thing is we love how spread out POR is. It may be the difference in the lushness of the landscaping. We prefer the AB side of the resort.

We have rented a surrey and toured both POR and POFQ while staying at POR. Never done the horse drawn carriage ride or fishing but would like to on our next trip. Used to the boat to DTD and POFQ many times. The only thing that we were disappointed in was Boatwright's the sit down restaurant. They stopped serving breakfast and we do not care for their dinner's there.

We love CSR, but I think POR would be fine too. I wouldn't suggest CBR due to the double beds. I know you said you weren't going to book a preferred room, but POR has/will have the new Royal rooms, which could be very fun for your DD!

We always book CSR if we stay at a moderate - it has a great pool, a large hot tub, very comfortable beds, room service, great bus service and a food court with lots of choices. The rooms have sliding wooden doors instead of a curtain, so you can get up, turn on the light, shower and dry your hair without waking your DD in the morning. I liked that my kids got a little extra sleep while I got ready.

We have stayed at CSR a couple of times during a convention (we were not part of the convention). The only impacts we noticed were that the pool and buses were much less crowded than we would expect for a resort that size since some of the guests were not going to the parks. I have read that the Pepper Market can be crowded in the mornings, but we usually eat breakfast in our rooms or at the parks. Preferred rooms at CSR are closest to the convention center, so if you book standard, you would likely be located away from the convention people.

If there were no rooms at CSR and we still wanted to stay at a moderate, we would probably try POR. They have new queen beds and I have heard good things about the food court.

I have not stayed at POR (yet!) but I wanted to comment on CSR. You really can be close to buses *without* paying for a preferred location! We stayed in Cabanas 8A, the closest we could get to the pool/dig site. The bus shelter was literally around the corner! It only took a minute to walk to it. In the CSR thread you should find a map on the 1st page. It has the buses marked for each area.

As for Pepper Market, we never noticed it crowded in the morning. However we were almost always up and eating by 7am so we could be there for rope drop. Loved the food at Pepper Market!!

The buffet testing is only on until January 4th. I'm wondering if Disney will decide to revert or keep the Pepper Market as a CS buffet.

We only stayed at CSR and POR. We stayed at CSR without kids. I remember liking the pool and I also remember the walk seemed far. This is going back about 11 years now so I don't remember everything, but the far walk and I remember not loving the choices at the counter service restaurant.

POR has a very good counter service restaurant, though it was PACKED. We stay in the Alligator Bayou section because we are a family of five, and it was relatively close to the food court and bus stop. No complaints there. My kids LOVE the pool here.

Personally I'd go with POR, especially since CSR has a conference.

Out of the 3, we have only stayed at CBR, which we loved. But if we didn't stay there again, we would try POR. I have read so many great things about POR and the pics look beautiful. CSR has never appealed to us. Good luck deciding and happy planning :wizard:.

We enjoy the PO resorts, both Riverside and FQ. I don't think you could go wrong with either of them. I especially enjoy the boat to DTD. I know what you mean about the double beds. Even a Queen seems small after being used to a King!;) Good luck with your decision. It's a good problem to have! Have a great trip!:cool1:

In our personal experience we liked POFQ way more than CBR. Now the pool at CBR is fab for the kids (say ages 6-14 you know that really, really love the slides) but since you have a three year old I would not choose CBR since the pool isn't a HUGE draw for her yet kwim? And the full size beds were awful for us too.

I would choose POR but if you really want to try something brand new maybe CSR.

Thank you for all the advice!! I ended up changing our reservation over to POR, and put in a request for the mansions (specifically Magnolia Terrace or Oak Manor but we'll take what we get with a smile on our faces!).

I think you're safe with either POR or CSR, honestly. If you're not that into swimming and resort activities, then maybe lean toward POR. The double beds at CBR would keep me away, without a doubt. We've stayed at both and prefer CSR, but our boys are older and we routinely hit the parks early then go back to the resort to swim in the early afternoon and recharge before going back out for dinner and the evening.

Have fun!! :cool1:

Thank you for all the advice!! I ended up changing our reservation over to POR, and put in a request for the mansions (specifically Magnolia Terrace or Oak Manor but we'll take what we get with a smile on our faces!).

Great choice! It's my favorite resort.:goodvibes We love the food court there and everything else about the resort too. The boat ride to DTD is fun and relaxing and it's just a fun place to be over all. Something about it just feels special to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter