Which GV? AKV, BWV or OKW

quandrea

DIS Veteran
We are currently booked into a standard view GV at Kidani. I just saw the new floor plan walkthrough on dvcrequest.com of the OKW renovated grand villa. Iris beautiful! New, big, bright and gorgeous. I’ve been debating trying to move at the seven month mark. Thinking BWV or, now that I’ve seen it OKW.

We are booking a week at the end of June. Anyone have any thoughts on my alternative resorts? Really not sure if I should stay put.

OKW is obviously less points. Wondering if having to walk around outside so much in the heat is a negative when compared to AK and BWVs interior hallways. Really don’t want to risk the two storey GV at BWV as I don’t like it much.

If you can get an OKW GV maybe give that a shot. But they tend to book up by owners before the 7 month mark. Since they are the cheapest GV to book. You can save points and get a newly renovated villa. Plus OKW is a short bus ride to Epcot and HS. If you are close to HH, can catch that bus going out and skip the other internal stops. Then when coming in, get off 1st stop at Penninsular and therefore skip all the internal stops. Makes the busing there not bad at all. Whereas at AKV, the busing to 3 resorts is a long slow ride.

Last edited:
If you can get an OKW GV maybe give that a shot. But they tend to book up by owners before the 7 month mark. Since they are the cheapest GV to book. You can save points and get a newly renovated villa. Plus OKW is a short bus ride to Epcot and HS. If you are closes to HH, can catch that bus going out and skip the other internal stops. Then when coming in, get off 1st stop at Penninsular and therefore skip all the internal stops. Makes the busing there not bad at all. Whereas at AKV, the busing to 3 resorts is a long slow ride.
This has been my line of thought too. So far the GVs are still available, but not at the HH. Seeing the new model really got me excited. I think the term girls in the party would love easy access to DS. Fingers crossed.

This has been my line of thought too. So far the GVs are still available, but not at the HH. Seeing the new model really got me excited. I think the term girls in the party would love easy access to DS. Fingers crossed.
The boat to DS is nice. We, with three college kids, love staying near DS now. Lots of food options for the kiddos. And shopping too. My figers are crossed for you...hoping they are available at your 7 month window.

We have always been able to transfer into OKW, never into BWV. They are great, the best gv in my opinion. They are very spacious with the remodel nicely done, though some people don't care for the look. We really like OKW for the points, size of the unit, especially the gv, pool areas, easy at getting to DS, and ability to stroll around the resort.

Keep looking at pictures and resort amenities to get a feel for which one speaks to you.

We have always been able to transfer into OKW, never into BWV. They are great, the best gv in my opinion. They are very spacious with the remodel nicely done, though some people don't care for the look. We really like OKW for the points, size of the unit, especially the gv, pool areas, easy at getting to DS, and ability to stroll around the resort.

Keep looking at pictures and resort amenities to get a feel for which one speaks to you.
I think OKW is speaking to me. I sure hope we can grab it at seven months. Over the past couple of days I’ve really fallen in love with those GVs. They are huge, bright, the Reno is lovely.

There are only two GV OKW HH. We actually start walking them two weeks in advance to ensure we get one.

There are only two GV OKW HH. We actually start walking them two weeks in advance to ensure we get one.

But building 63, 15 and 16 are nearby the HH section and 29 isn't too far (it's on Penninsular) for doing the bus trick to avoid the inner bus stops. Those 4 buildings have GV. 22, 19, 43, 48, 49, 51 and 53 also have GV. Building 25 is HH section GV building. Though 63 is HA and has elevator so likely can't get that one.

Last edited:
BWV GV 2 story is great, we had them twice. You don't like the BWV 2 story or any 2 story. Isn't OKW GV 2 story.

BWV GV 2 story is great, we had them twice. You don't like the BWV 2 story or any 2 story. Isn't OKW GV 2 story.
I don’t like the two storey BWV as much as the one storey BWV. I’ve seen both on Youtube. The two storey seems closed in and choppy. Perhaps I’m wrong and shouldn’t worry about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!