Which first- DLP or Paris city!

pixie08

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!I was hoping for some advice.

My husband and I are planning to visit France next May for our first anniversary (flying from NYC). We would be staying 11 or 12 nights. 2-3 of which will be at DLP (we haven't even begin reserching hotels lol!)

So the question is would you recommend going there first and staying 3 nights (check in first night , then do one day at MK,and another at MGM) then moving into Paris city or doing it at the end of the trip? TIA!:goodvibes

Which day of week are you planning to arrive? have you been to Europe before, or flown long haul before? I ask because sometimes people are surprised by the impact of jet lag, especially when flying TO Europe from North America.

Usually I suggest if arriving on a Saturday to use that day to wander around DTD or even the parks for a bit and recover from jet lag (one MUST try and stay awake the entire day and go to be as close to normal as possible or jet lag will remain for a week).

Then go to Disney parks Sunday/Monday and possibly Tuesday. Much is closed in Paris on Sundays and even Mondays, so that is why I recommend seeing the parks on those days. Weekends can be busy, but usually by Sunday afternoon the crowds thin as locals go home.

My DF and I went to paris for about 5 days earlier this year, and we did DLP right in the middle of the trip. Granted, we did a 1 day, 2 park whirlwind visit, but we got it all done. It was a Wednesday in January, so the crowds were thin, and we were able to see everything we wanted to see. We took the train to the park which was about a half hour ride each way. Unless you have your heart set on staying at one of the disney hotels, this is probably what I would do. We love DLP but it is very different than WDW as far as size, and I'm not so sure I would set aside 3 nights in Paris for it...

ps...congrats on your anniversary. My DF and I are getting married at Seabreeze point in a little over a year. We cant wait!

:goodvibes Hi there :goodvibes
i am in Italy and i have never crossed the ocean so i dont know much about jet lag and other stuff but i would leave the park for the last days - just like the dessert you see ;)
Any week day will be ok i think it is never too busy then and you can go on rides quite easily.

I think i have seen your wedding pictures on the Disney Wedding and Honeymoons board, haven't i??

bavaria- thank you...actually I didn't think of that. I have travelled many times to Europe (I have a lot of family there) however, my husband has never left the US so it may be harder for him.

deej696- oh congrats to you as well- you are going to love it! ahh I just love the BW;)

Giulia- ha yes most likely you have seen my wedding report over on the wedding board! It was this site that led me to all sorts of sources and helped me plan my wedding!

Oh yes we were planning on doing DLP in the beginning of the week as to avoid weekends!

Now to choose what hotel...........:rotfl:

I'd probably stay at the Disneyland hotel but just for the one night in the middle of the trip. Off-season and midweek it's always empty, most of the rides are walk-ons (even the e-tickets).

I'd recommend jumping on the train to London, it's well worth a day or two and is only a couple of hours from Paris on the eurostar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter