Which DS Hilton?

dez1978

DIS Veteran
Girls trip!!! Just 2 of us. Which Hilton should I pick? Using points. Probably not going to be spending pool time. I really just care about a good clean room

I have no answer, but am SUPER curious about the replies you receive.

Our family would like to spend a couple of days at Disney pre-cruise. I had hoped for either Swan or Dolphin, since we will only be visiting Hollywood Studios and Epcot, but there is no availability at either. So, now we think the Disney Springs area is the way to go, since we can use the Hilton shuttles to the parks and also walk over to DS. For our June 2022 dates, the price difference in the two properties is so little that we are struggling with the choice.

The reviews seem better at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace, but like you, we won't be spending time at the pool. The walk from Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista to Disney Springs seems to be much closer.

I have stayed all three multiple times, but not in several years. The one thing that absolutely would factor in is the price PLUS the resort fee PLUS the parking fee. The end price isn't always something I want to pay there. Also they might offer different values with points, we have gotten DTS for lower points and bonus days. Note with points you won't pay resort fee but will pay parking fee.

DoubleTree Suites is the farthest and one I have stayed at the most. I don't mind the walk. I like the suites space, table/chairs and kitchenette. We do eat breakfast in room, pack food for sandwiches and sometimes downtime. So I utilize space. It has traditionally had the lowest fees. Pool is fine for a nice dip but nothing special.

Buena Vista Palace has been my most recent stays. The rooms were large and well done. I liked the tiny balcony to get a bit of fresh air or step outside. The pool area is hands above all the rest and better than many of Disney's. The location is great but you do have to walk to corner to cross the pedestrian bridge to Disney Springs. Parking lot can be tricky with convention folk there, we had some long walks. If I stay again I'd try to stay Island building.

Hilton Orlando LBV is also a big hotel but spread out rather than up. Rooms were average sized, not large and last time I stayed in big need of full renovation. We can use HH Lounge and it was not well maintained. Pools are basic but no trouble getting loungers and staff was nice. You have to cross two pedestrian bridges to get to DS and if your room is in far end of hotel it as long a walk as BVP. But if you are going to DS often you could request a room at that end of hotel.

I would say sadly none are spectacular and other than BVP pool, they are on the level of a Hampton Inn if you want to compare to others in their brand. I think being at Disney Springs guarantees them guests so they put minimal effort into upkeep and renovations. I stay Hilton all the time (have three bookings now) but with a car I go offsite for less money and nicer hotels. If I were going to book a Hilton at Disney Springs I would probably just go with the cheapest room I could get. The only variable would be if I'm using the pool (BVP) or if I'm staying a long time (5+ days) then I'd go with the more space (DTS).

Disney Springs Doubletree Suites. The Hilton needs to be rehabbed but is an easy walk to DS. The Hilton Palace is not worth the points tooo big and you have a ton of walking.

Disney Springs Doubletree Suites. The Hilton needs to be rehabbed but is an easy walk to DS. The Hilton Palace is not worth the points tooo big and you have a ton of walking.
Thats odd. Palace was about 1/2 the points for be as the other one.

I just booked doubletree for 3 nights in February - not using points. It will be my first time staying at this location. It was the cheapest of the three Hilton properties so it’s surprising that palace was half the points.

Maybe it’s just the dates you’re going.

I just booked doubletree for 3 nights in February - not using points. It will be my first time staying at this location. It was the cheapest of the three Hilton properties so it’s surprising that palace was half the points.

Maybe it’s just the dates you’re going.
oh the double tree is way cheaper than Palace. Cash price was about 250 for my 4 nights cheaper at the double tree than palace. I am not signed in tho to see point prices. I don't want to walk that far tho to DS.

There are some Trip Advisor reviews about the rooms at the Buena Vista Palace not being clean, moldy, and bugs. Anybody with a recent stay with that experience?

Stayed at the Palace Island building a couple of weeks back ...it was GREAT. using the hilton app they let you pick your room ahead of time....I studied the layout carefully and chose a room overlooking the pool,with a view of the springs,and we could also see MK and Epcot fireworks at night from our balcony! I loved this place,very pretty. room was basic but clean. One thing I love is a balcony to relax on.

Stayed at the Palace Island building a couple of weeks back ...it was GREAT. using the hilton app they let you pick your room ahead of time....I studied the layout carefully and chose a room overlooking the pool,with a view of the springs,and we could also see MK and Epcot fireworks at night from our balcony! I loved this place,very pretty. room was basic but clean. One thing I love is a balcony to relax on.

By "Palace Island building", do you mean one of the Island suites at the Buena Vista Palace resort?

What are the shuttles like at the Palace? How often do they run, etc.?

By "Palace Island building", do you mean one of the Island suites at the Buena Vista Palace resort?

What are the shuttles like at the Palace? How often do they run, etc.?
the Buena Vista Palace has a tower building,or an island building. It wasn't a suite,just a room. The shuttles are few,so you have to plan your schedule well. It looked like 2 to each park every morning,like studios at 7:30 and 9:30,or something like that. The parking lots seemed far from the actual buildings,so that's a factor if you drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter