Which Defunct Attraction Do You Miss Most?

I don't miss anything. My first time going to Universal was May of 2018. Not much has become defunct since.

I wish they hadn't gotten rid of Back to the Future. Also, Dueling Dragons.

Also, Nickolodeon was a neat experience. Wish I would have gotten to go during its heyday, but at least we got to go be audience members for Slime Time Live.

Anybody remember Mission Space? It use to be in Tomorrow Land Circu '77. The new restaurant in Epcot reminds me of it.

They still have it in Japan if you ever want to make a trip out that way.
I would do it in a heartbeat if I had the money and felt like I wasn't in over my depth, Honestly nice one version is still running at least!

You could almost say it's... jawesome!

Original Kong. Haven’t been on the new one yet but watched a video of it on YT. All the screens just can’t compare to that amazing giant animatronic and the feeling of really traveling through a movie set. But my kids won’t know what they’re missing.
Some fun facts: the original Kong ride was so embedded in the building that there was no way to remove it all without compromising the structureSo there are actually some Kong tracks remaining inside the Mummy. Those tracks are not part of the Mummy ride, but if the lights came on during the dark coaster part, you’d be able to see them.

There are several Easter eggs in the Mummy ride alluding to it’s prior life as Kong. There are bananas in the hieroglyphs, and there is a Kong face built into the main logo with the scarab beetle. When you’re on the ride, there’s a part where the whole graphic is lit up and then it fades, but the part that fades last is the Kong face so you can clearly see it if you’re looking.

I miss many of the original rides and shows

Hitchcock and Lansbury were winners for me
My mother and brother were picked in the Hitchcock show to do the scene from Saboteur when Norman Lloyd falls off the Statute of Liberty.

So many - Back to the Future was amazing, Loved the Jaws ride. My daughter lost her sunglasses getting out of the boat after the ride! The original Kong was just awesome. My sister and I have a great photo op that used to be in the gift shop after the ride. When my kids were small they loved the Nickelodeon area. They got to play some of the games during the tour. We also loved the Hitchcock show and my oldest daughter loved when the Xena Warrior princess attraction was there. Disaster was fun too. I got picked to be one of the villains! Ah - so many good memories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter