Which character breakfast?

Wills Mom

DIS Veteran
Our group want me to book a character breakfast for 11 of us - thats 9 adults and 2 toddlers. The options I have narrowed it down to are: Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's and Cape May Cafe. The only thing that is putting me off CP is the characters, DS loves Mickey and the gang and even though I know you don't meet Mickey at Cape May it still seems like a nice spot. Has anyone got any advice for me? It won't be a really early ADR, we're thinking of about 9.30am or so as my parents like a lie in most mornings and it'll be towards the end of our trip so we won't have as much get-up-and-go as earlier in the trip.

Have you thought about tusker house? Does a great breakfast

We always do crystal palace as our first morning

Not to fussed on chef mickeys and never done cape may

We always do tusker and crystal palace

We are also not too fussed about Chef Mickeys, the characters are good but its very busy and noisy and food is nothing special.

Crystal Palace is also quite busy and noisy but we think the atmosphere and food are better and love the characters. It also has the advantage of being in Magic Kingdom.

We have done Cape May a few times and its much more relaxed and food is fine. Characters are in beach outfits though, if that makes a difference. The hotel is nice to see and we enjoy taking photos there.

Tusker House is a favourite of ours as well and again, great park location and good food variety.

We really enjoyed Chef Mickey, we lined the food and the characters but then everyone seems to have mixed opinions about it. The food seems to be pretty standard around property so go to the characters you want, also if pancakes are a need for your family like mine Cape may doesnt have them

Have done CP and Cape May - very similar food, choose by location. If you want to be in the park early, go for CP. If you want a relaxing morning and are in no rush, choose Cape May. 1900 Park Fare is somewhere in the middle - the relaxed nature of the hotels but it's on the monorail so you can be in MK very easily (pretty much the same food as all the other breakfast buffets). (Ditto O'Hana, but that's not a buffet and we weren't overly impressed).

We love chef mickeys - have been 3 times but always at 7am opening.

To me it just is 'i'm at disney' - happy atmosphere and the main characters. Also enjoy the napkin twirling!

Lots of food choice aswell.

Hmm, ok I think the lack of pancakes at Cape May could be a deal breaker for our group! I was looking at Tusker House originally but we only want to do one day at AK towards the start of our trip, the day we have pegged for the breakfast we want to do MK again. I love the look of CP and its gotten really good reviews over on the Restaurant pages but as the two kids are so interested in the Fab Five I started thinking Chef Mickey plus its close to MK for after breakfast! My parents are quite fussy eaters, not very adventurous whereas DH and I will eat anything so I just wanted to find somewhere suited to them - thats why I choose breakfast as our character meal, it seems to be the one that will satisfy them easily enough. I like the idea of the omelet station at CP....oh its so hard to pick! :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter