Which ADR would you choose: BOG or?

minoh

Somewhere over the rainbow
I spent ages stalking MDE to get BOG reservations and was finally able to snag a breakfast and dinner ADR. Before cancelling the reservations we already had, if you had to choose between the two (for food quality, experience, etc), which would you pick?

BOG vs LTT for dinner
BOG vs CP for breakfast

Is BOG definitely the way to go on both counts or would the food/experience at LLT or CP be better? I know BOG is sought after but is it just because there aren't many MK options or because it's that much better?

1. BOG vs LTT for dinner

2. BOG vs CP for breakfast

1. Have been to both for dinner and we thought BOG was better.

2. Never had breakfast at BOG but we enjoyed CP very much. Also, FWIW, The Beast is the only character at BOG and he is only there at dinner. CP will have Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eyore for breakfast.

If you have a ppo bog i would keep that. If not i would take CP every times. The breakfast food at bog is just so so.

Did LTT back in December and BOG for dinner last October. I liked LTT, but I would choose BOG for dinner again over LTT. I have not had a chance yet to eat at BOG for breakfast, but I do like CP for breakfast.

If you have a ppo bog i would keep that. If not i would take CP every times. The breakfast food at bog is just so so.

It's a mid-morning breakfast ADR. We wanted to have a slow start to the morning that day.

Hmm, I wondered if CP breakfast was better, good to know.

I think that for breakfast, CP wins hands down -- and with a mid-morning ADR the PPO advantage with BOG doesn't factor in.

For dinner, we prefer LTT to BOG, but the latter has more menu options and wins on atmosphere for us. Having done both, we keep going back to LTT, but I do think BOG dinner is worth experiencing if you haven't yet. :)

LTT and BOG are both just okay for me for dinner, I didn't love either. I would probably give a slight edge to BOG for the overall experience.

For breakfast, I think that CP is by far the better meal than BOG so that would be an easy choice of CP for me. Plus, you really don't need 2 meals at BOG, the food just isn't good enough to warrant it, IMO.

I would agree. I would really only do BOG for breakfast if its PPO. Dinner is a better experience. We loved Crystal Palace and if it's mid-morning, that's the way to go.

BOG over LTT for dinner.

BOG over CP breakfast (or both on different days with BOG as a ppo) if on the standard DDP, but CP over BOG breakfast otherwise.

Very helpful, thanks all! I'm glad I didn't cancel that CP ADR yet because now I'm leaning toward that.

I spent ages stalking MDE to get BOG reservations and was finally able to snag a breakfast and dinner ADR. Before cancelling the reservations we already had, if you had to choose between the two (for food quality, experience, etc), which would you pick?

BOG vs LTT for dinner
BOG vs CP for breakfast

Is BOG definitely the way to go on both counts or would the food/experience at LLT or CP be better? I know BOG is sought after but is it just because there aren't many MK options or because it's that much better?
1.) Liberty Tree is charming, but BOG dinner is a great value for the reasonably high-quality 1-credit Table Service meal....and you can meet The Beast. Dinner @ BOG.

2.) There is no strategic advantage to breakfast at Crystal Palace. This alone would be the deciding factor for us - so BOG pre-opening ADR. If arrival time does not matter, Character meal at Crystal Palace is fine, but Pooh must be fun for your family. Coin-flip, unless BOG before Park opens.

From EasyWDW on MK BOG pre-opening:
http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/be...nd-new-rope-drop-touring-plan-strategy-12617/

For us, we like lunch better at both LTT and BOG. The dinner menu at BOG doesn't appeal to a lot in our group, but you do get to meet the Beast and the atmosphere is very cool. We love CP breakfast but I have not tried BOG breakfast. So I guess my choices would be BOG dinner and CP breakfast. I would not do BOG twice in one trip, even if they're different meals.

I love crystal palace for breakfast, one of my favorites. Plus the characters are great!

I'm not a big fan of the BoG breakfast since they got rid of my favorite breakfast item - the puff pastry egg thingy. There just isn't anything on the menu that excites me anymore. I do however have lots of things that I like at the Crystal Palace breakfast. I think CP is the better option now because you have so much more variety at a buffet. BoG dinner is the best option at BoG in my opinion. However I do also really like LLT. Here's how I would choose - if you want a fancier, more upscale dinner than I would go with BoG and then order something different from what you would normally order at WDW (plus I would get WINE!!). If you aren't looking for something "fancier" (not that BoG is fine dining or anything) than I would go with LTT. Honestly we make sure to do both a BoG dinner and a LTT dinner during our vacations. We also make sure to do a CP breakfast. Maybe take a look at the menus and decide based upon what sounds more appealing.

BOG dinner and CP breakfast! Character(s) at both and delicious food! I have not done BOG for breakfast, but if I am paying that much I want the variety a buffet offers and characters, IMO. BOG dinner was very good, and a chance for a rare Beast meet and greet.

I'm not a fan of BOG. I've been there for a lunch and a dinner (not breakfast). So I'd go for something else. Actually my favorite at MK is Skipper Canteen, but Crystal Palace is OK. I used to prefer the lunch menu over dinner at LTT, but they changed it since then, so all bets are off.

BOG dinner and CP breakfast, DH and I don't particularly like character meals, but we do CP breakfast every once in a while because there are some items that we really enjoy and can't get other places.

BOG vs LTT for dinner
BOG vs CP for breakfast

BOG for dinner....dinner at BOG is much better than at LTT, at least for us...
CP for breakfast...Crystal Palace has the better breakfast experience i think..

CP breakfast is one of our favorite meals and experiences on property. I think every meal should have a little Pooh in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter