Where's the best Grand Villa in WDW?

Laurajean1014,

All the GVs for the BW are located directlly above the BW. We used a set of stairs at the end of the building that dumped you almost right on the boardwalk. We did not find the rooms far from the "heart of it all". You just need to fiqure out which exits/entrances to use depending on where you want to go. We only went thru the lobby if we were going to the busses. The GV we stayed in had a large balcony. If you look at a picture of the BW, many of the rooms are in the building with the large white pillars. The one with the Boardwalk sign on it. Our room was the top 2 floors on the right. The 1 floor units have a large balcony.

The one story GV at BW has a separte deck for the master bedroom with two chairs and a small table, a huge deck for the main room (and I mean huge) and another deck that the two other bedrooms share. We could see some of the fireworks from our deck. It was very nice to hang outside for cocktails and snacks.

When you reserve at BWV, do you reserve a 1 story or 2 story, or is it luck of the draw? We don't need handicapped accessible but we do need 1 floor, the stairs are tough on 2 members of our party.

Thanks
Sandy

InstImpres,

We actually requested a 1 story but got a 2 story. The 1 stories were not checking out until the next day. They only have 2 of the 1 stories so you might need to request handicapped access.

Are all the bedroom on the 2 story GV upstairs (away from the common areas of the GV)?

Which did you prefer 1 or 2 story units?

Thanks, L

Like many others on this board, I am confused about BCV GVs. I got out our POSs and found the following: 9/97 POS p. 26 has 5 BWV GVs; 5/98 POS p.18 has 2 BWVs GVs; and the rev. 8/24/98 POS p.14 has 7 BWVs GVs. No wonder there is confusion. I was told by the CM at the BCV registration desk that there are 7 GVs - 5 are one story and 2 are two story. I don't know if this is correct or not because this is the same CM who told me that in our villa two of the baths would have the usual configuration and one would be handicapped accessible, and I am certain that was not correct! I assume there is only one HA BWV GV, she did not say. She also said many members are adamant about wanting the two story units. With so few BWV GVs I think it would be very difficult to know in advance what you will get. Again, we reserved 11 months in advance and still got a (possibly THE) HA unit. My DH said "never again." LOL. We'll see... I'm just glad we don't need a HA unit and didn't spend the entire vacation in it.

Now we are thinking of asking another family to join us. That makes 4 families and now the pack looks like this:

45, 45, 44, 44, 43, 40, 39, 39

12(g), 11(g), 11(b), 10(b), 9(b), 9(b), 8(b), 5(g).

So, now that we are 16, I guess we need a GV and a one bedroom! Hey, if it gets any bigger, we can ask Disney for a Group rate! LOL!

Still think BWV is better on location, but OKW is more relaxing and more practical setting. Still don't know where to stay!

With all those people your group will probably split up a lot and a BWV GV will be in a much easier location to have convenient easy, access to several parks, numerous restaurants, shopping, themed pool w/slide etc., especailly if not each group has a car!
The down side is since you now will need an additional 1 br, the 1 br unit will be much smaller than the 1 br at OKW. The GVs are approx the same size at both resorts, the actual "true dimensions" and the winner of the "biggie" trophy is still not officially confirmed LOL, but both GVs are very roomy and very much deluxe accomendations. Enjoy!

However, if I now need a one bedroom and a GV, the points are easier to swallow at OKW than at BWV!

Still in deep, in this mess!

Without a doubt, the point difference is a big factor between the GV's at OKW and BWV, because it is a very substantial difference! I find, out of all the DVC units, they really sock you in the pts difference for the advantages of the location and amenities offered at a BWV GV vs OKW GV much more than they do for the other size units. If you want a BWV GV, they are few and far between and you definitely pay the premium price to stay there, but they are utterly true deluxe accomendations to the hilt, in an unbeatable, convenient location to several parks, numerous restaurants, all types of entertainment, all deluxe resort amenities, etc., right there for your pleasure-- Disney knows this and they do charge for it and they charge heavily for it whether you are paying pts or paying cash.

I agree LauraJean, they are too many points. Especially when you look at the akward, ugly kitchen and the hike to your car.

I don't care what conflicting information there is on other sites, the BWV GV is smaller, considerably so.

There are nights that the points cost twice as much as OKW, I think its a rip off, I would never bother staying in one.

During this fall, I will speak to the families that we are inviting on this vacation. I told one family that we plan to do this for a week, and if anyone wanted to stay longer, they can do so, on their own. I think that's fair. We are supplying the accomodations for the week, but would like their input on where to stay. Most will probably not care, but one or two families may prefer OKW to BWV (because of the family type atmosphere and the exquisite golfing conditions).

I don't care what conflicting information there is on other sites, the BWV GV is smaller, considerably so.
From the below post is appears that this info was a printout provided to a DVC member FROM a DVC rep! So it is not on "other sites", nor is what you care about really relevant.
A printout provided me from a DVC rep shows the following:
OKW 3 Bedroom Grand Villa 2,375 Square Feet
BWV 3 Bedroom Grand Villa (1 Story) 2,491 Square Feet
BWV 3 Bedroom Grand Villa (2 Story) 2,584 Square Feet

There are nights that the points cost twice as much as OKW, I think its a rip off, I would never bother staying in one.
That is fine and what makes DVC so nice with so many choices, but there are many people that prefer the BWV GV and gladly pay the pts required for a stay there and once again what you care about, like or would bother with, are not relevant.

Believe me, both places offer incredible rewards to staying on their property. (That's why the other places are not being considered). It's not which one is better, it's which one is the best for this situation of 8 adults and 8 children for one week during an off season week.

There are a few factors you need to consider for your group size and group makeup and then weigh them out according to priorities. Such as:
You mentioned several people wanting golf, if this is a biggie then OKW is way more convenient.
You mentioned the "family atmopshere", I am not so sure one resort is more family than the other but in regards to being a quiet and laid back resort OKW definitely takes the cake.
Will the group split up alot?
Will there be several cars if the group splits up?
Will the majority of meals be eaten out or in the villa?
Will the group make use of the nighttime entertainment/shows that an Epcot resort provides including the clubs for adults?
Is a themed pool with a slide important to the group?
For the last 5 questions depending on the answers, a BWV GV would be much more convenient and provide much easier access to parks, nighttime entertainment and restaurants due to it's excellent location and various means of transportation available.
This is said over and over again on this board,........ it all depends on what you want, what is most important, convenient, etc to your family/traveling group.
ALL WDW resorts are nice even the value resorts and the DVC resorts are certainly NOT an exception.

DeeP, These are great questions. Once we invite the whole crew, we can better answer these questions. I believe that we will have minimum car renting, therefore will split up from time to time. With this large of a crowd, I believe we will have a good amount of dining in the room or table service inside the parks. IT will be tough to get priority seating for up to 16.

I am in WDW now and will be checking out the GV's at OKW and BWV. I will want to stress a building or a room number when applying for ressies.

When we get back from WDW, we plan to have a cookout and ask our friends then to see if they want to do it (and when). We want to do it in the fall, but our friends have kids representing 4 school districts (2 are private). We are thinking the day after Thanksgiving and during the week after. Sort of a slow time with not alot happening in the schools. We will miss hockey tournaments but oh welll.

We are also trying to book the cruise ship with the ice rink and have four travel teams compete on a tourney on the boat. My friend owns a travel agency and can plan this for us.

If anyone has any other quesitons I should ask my group, please let me know.

Thanks, L

Originally posted by Laurajean1014

If anyone has any other quesitons I should ask my group, please let me know.

Laura -

I am in the same situation as you, are group keeps growing and we no longer fit in 1GV. I have some to the conclusion the less questions asked the better. I still want some control over my trip. I am giving the info, here is the accomodations, here is my "trip plan" (PS's and park planning), please let me know what to count you in on. I often gets teased as this is a lenghty packet. It has resorts maps and floorplans as well as desreptions and reviews for PS's. People than pick and chose and I reserve accordingly. I've been successful this way in the past and hope it will work in the future as the group is growing larger.

BTW, I looked at the GV at BWV last week and it is amazing:)

Good luck
Sabdt

I spoke with CM's at OKW and they are advising me of a GV tour when one is available. Also, a listing of all the building numbers, so I can requestk at booking.

The CM's mentioned that OKW has the best, but I am sure that's what the CM's at BWV will say.

I agree on the less the questions the better. Also, if the families do not like the resort location they can (1) stay at their resort fav and meet us or (2) play and stay with us and extend their trip at their favorite resort.

The CM's also mentioned that it is not difficult to book Ps's for parties of 12 or 16. They make them all the time. Has anyone had experience with this as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter