Where to work with a laptop at Hollywood Studios?

Mickey18girl

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I'm fortunate that I can do some of my job remote, and I often work in Disney trips so I can play without taking as many vacation days. For the first time I'm looking at actually working IN a park for a few hours, namely Hollywood Studios. My work battery is getting old and would love to find a place to sit with a table or counter with a power source if anyone has seen a spot or has recommendations! Or maybe there is a a USB laptop charger I could use to supplement in case I get low on power.

Thanks! ::MickeyMo

There really isn't anywhere in the park that's going to work. The counter service restaurants are busy and seating can be hard to come by for the people who are actually eating there. Taking up a table for a few hours would be incredibly rude.

You might want to consider heading to the swan or dolphin and finding a place to set up there.

Why not sit inside Baseline Tap House at one of the community high tops? As long as you have ordered a drink and some food I would find that legitimate use of tabletop and stool. Not sure about a charging option though.

Depending on your laptop power needs, there are companies that sell external batteries with enough juice to help your laptop for a while. But I think you would do better to talk to your IT dept about either replacing the battery in your laptop, or a new laptop depending on the age. Some laptops still have user replaceable batteries, and doing that swap would be much lighter than carrying an external. If you work outside of meal times, I think you would be find to snag a table at one of the QS locations. (IE I believe there are some that don't serve food until 10:30-11, so you could get a few hours at park open, or again if you go between 1-4 or so, they tend to be slower then) You might luck out and find one near a power outlet, as they do exist, but are pretty hot commodities now with everyone needing to charge their phones. If power is a must have, a hotel lobby is going to be a much better bet to find something.

Hi all! I'm fortunate that I can do some of my job remote, and I often work in Disney trips so I can play without taking as many vacation days. For the first time I'm looking at actually working IN a park for a few hours, namely Hollywood Studios. My work battery is getting old and would love to find a place to sit with a table or counter with a power source if anyone has seen a spot or has recommendations! Or maybe there is a a USB laptop charger I could use to supplement in case I get low on power.

Hollywood studios might be the worst park for this type of thing. All I can think of is possibly Brown Derby Lounge if you don’t mind being outside and there are outlets available, if indoors somewhere quick service lol... I would recommend finding a spot at your hotel if possible.

Working for a hotel would be a better option. The sun glare and lack of power supply and no real place to sit with a laptop would be an issue at the parks. I would go to the solarium at the Beach Club and work. There are tables to work from and a great view. And the gift shop with drinks and snacks is just across the hall

Depending on your laptop power needs, there are companies that sell external batteries with enough juice to help your laptop for a while. But I think you would do better to talk to your IT dept about either replacing the battery in your laptop, or a new laptop depending on the age. Some laptops still have user replaceable batteries, and doing that swap would be much lighter than carrying an external. If you work outside of meal times, I think you would be find to snag a table at one of the QS locations. (IE I believe there are some that don't serve food until 10:30-11, so you could get a few hours at park open, or again if you go between 1-4 or so, they tend to be slower then) You might luck out and find one near a power outlet, as they do exist, but are pretty hot commodities now with everyone needing to charge their phones. If power is a must have, a hotel lobby is going to be a much better bet to find something.
Ha, yes, I'm working on getting a new battery. I just don't know if I'll get it before my trip. Definitely seems HS not a good spot for working.

From the Chinese Theater turn left and head down to ABC Commissary, right when the building starts (on the right). You will see some tables out front. If you look at the wall, there are actual outlets where you can plug in. DH and I often grab a cold beer and sit there and plug our phones in to charge. We were just there in July and nothing had changed in that area. Good luck and have fun!!

From the Chinese Theater turn left and head down to ABC Commissary, right when the building starts (on the right). You will see some tables out front. If you look at the wall, there are actual outlets where you can plug in. DH and I often grab a cold beer and sit there and plug our phones in to charge. We were just there in July and nothing had changed in that area. Good luck and have fun!!

That is a great tip. Thanks so much! I actually scored a last-minute (and rare) Slinky Dog fastpass in the afternoon while I'm working... so that will be a lunch break, and looks like I won't have to exit the park to continue working after. Appreciate it!

Ha! While I personally would not try to do any work in DHS, as I was reading this I kept wondering if things had changed...when I was a CM and would go on my days off, ABC Commissary was always a ghost town. It's been years (well...a decade), though, so I didn't want to confidently say it'd be a good spot when I really don't know if it's still like that!

Screenshot_2019-09-04-22-37-22-0686127892.pngScreenshot_2019-09-04-22-37-22-0686127892.png

I saw an ad for this 'work phone booth' of sorts & thought of your thread I'd read. Sounds like you'd like (& maybe a few others too) a few scattered around WDW. Comes with a chair, light, USB ports, small table, etc. Presto...pop-up work offices wherever they're needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter