Where to stay

bishop1989

Mouseketeer
I am planning on a few days during July for my wife, daughter and me.
My daughter is 8. We are debating between Contemporary or Animal Kingdom.
We have stayed at the Carib. Beach and all of the Value Resorts .
Does anyone have a suggestion as to what would be better for my daughter. The savannah view or tower room? Thanks.pirate: .

I might have the wrong resort, but I think the Contemporary is slated for rehab this summer.

Both are great choices and I have done both -- the CR as an eight year old, and AKL with my DD8. As a child that age I remember how fantastic it was to look out our tower window and see the Magic Kingdom -- you NEVER forgot where you were! It was also exciting to have the monorail running right through the building. However... my own daughter is STILL talking about seeing the zebras playing tag at night outside our balcony at AKL. So consider the locations and your itinerary. Do you want something a little less unique but with more transportation options, closer to MK? Or are you looking for something more unique and quieter, albeit not as close to the rest of WDW?

The key to your thread is the month that you're planning to visit: JULY. It's going to be HOT and HUMID and therefore, the time on your balcony at the AKL is going to be very limited. Also, no matter where you want to go from the AKL, you have to take a bus or drive. In that heat and humidity, it's very exhausting. Although I've never been a huge fan of the CR, it's much easier taking a monorail to visit two of the theme parks (Epcot and MK), than taking a bus to visit four of them. I would go with the CR. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter