Where to stay on grounds at SSR

jennji

Goofy For Sure!
I want to request a building, or section at SSR for our week long stay the end of October. I am traveling with my husband and 2 year old, as well as my parents. My mother is in the early stages of Alzheimer's (although still fairly cognative) and needs assistance with walking (we are renting her a wheelchair) and she tires easily. I would like to be close to the bus stops, as well as the pools so that we can easily get her to place to place. Suggestions anyone? I appreciate your input!

I felt the Springs was the best. Especially if you can stay close to the carriage house. There is a good bus stop, the big pool and Artist Palette.

I felt the Springs was the best. Especially if you can stay close to the carriage house. There is a good bus stop, the big pool and Artist Palette.

Yes! I second this one. It was walking distance to the bus stop and pool by the carriage house. This was definitely a highlight. We were very happy to not have been in any other building because they seemed further away from everything.

The Springs area is very nice. I would also recommend the Grandstand area. It is the second closest area to the main Carriage house. It is also the first stop for the buses each morning which might be nice for yor mother so she doesn't feel rushed trying to board the bus. The Springs section is the last of the five bus stops and can get crowded by the time the bus arrives. Grandstand also has a very nice pool area. It does not have the slides like at the Springs pool. To me this made the pool area seem a little less hectic. Have a great time at SSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter