Where to fly into for Alaska Cruise

Yup. As blabbermouth mentioned.

One big warning though: the ferry terminal is not in Victoria proper, and neither is the terminal in the Vancouver area (It is actually Twassessen). But there are coach buses, local transit buses, and various car services which can get you to these terminals.
When I went to Victoria I took the BC Ferries Connector. Bus pick up in Vancouver, ferry, then the same bus and it dropped me in downtown Victoria. Super easy.

Well, terrible for Albuquerque, Orlando, and Boston, at least! Even NY didn't have great options. You can get direct flights to NY and Boston, but the times are pretty terrible. Who wants to leave at 10pm and arrive at 6:30am? I saw a small number of flights are more reasonable times, but the prices are crazy compared to the overnight flights.

Seattle is just about the same, though.

Texas options weren't great either for Vancouver. Seattle is probably better due to techies flying back and forth. We decided not to hassle going through Seattle, since we did find a non-stop going to Vancouver. We were going to visit friends in Seattle on the way back, but they are going to be out of state at a family thing.

Boston area traveler here. Travel was pre-covid. And Southwest points that allowed the 4 of us to reach Seattle on points. That was fine. We did have to stop in Denver. We left early morning. It was a quick layover. Not terrible and mostly on time. Couple of days to see Seattle, as we wanted to check it out. Took a shuttle from hotel to train station. First train of the morning, day before cruise-business class. Great trip, about an hour late into the station waiting for another train to leave (warning here-don't take train day of cruise). Spent rest of day and evening touring Vancouver. Next morning-ship. After the cruise, every single flight was crazy red-eye trips, long layovers. Spent one more day in Vancouver, toured, stayed at airport and took the first flight out on Air Canada-non stop to Boston. Letf Vancouver at 9:30am or so their time, arrived at Logan at 5pm. Not the cheapest flights, but it really worked out for us. Traveling from Boston was a bit of a Trains, Planes, and Automobiles situation, but we made the best of it. It was a great trip.

You should see the options for flying Seattle to Orlando. You have 3 options.

#1: Flight leaves at 6am (so get to the airport at 4am), gets you to Orlando around 4pm after 6h flight+time change.
#2: Mid-day flight with connectors that get you to Orlando around midnight
#3: 4pm or later flight that gets you to Orlando around 6am. (often with nasty connections).

I'm going direct on a 3:30p flight that gets in at midnight (which will feel like 9pm for me).

What’s a non-stop?

Right?? I guess I’m just not too fussed about connections because you’re not going to find direct flights to many places from the middle of Ohio. I’d still take a multi-hour connection over a red eye flight any day.

Right?? I guess I’m just not too fussed about connections because you’re not going to find direct flights to many places from the middle of Ohio. I’d still take a multi-hour connection over a red eye flight any day.
I would, too. The flights with connections back to here leave too early, are priced way too high, or have very short connections. I don't trust American Airlines to make a 40-minute connection in Chicago. No way.

I would, too. The flights with connections back to here leave too early, are priced way too high, or have very short connections. I don't trust American Airlines to make a 40-minute connection in Chicago. No way.
Yeah, we’re regular AA flyers (it’s what my husband uses for work, and he flies about twice per month), but their flights to Vancouver were sooooo expensive with short connections. We’re doing Air Canada this trip instead - no experience with them, so hoping for the best!

Same here. What I didn’t realize was that the bus would go with us - just drove onto the giant ferry. Went upstairs for the boat ride, then back to the bus once on Vancouver Island. It was a pleasant surprise. And great views. Love riding the ferries in the PNW.
Yes! I loved that too, was so nice not to have to worry about your luggage etc as it stayed on the bus.

I'm not sure but there must be quite a few flights between Seattle and Vancouver? So book to Seattle with points then pay a couple hundred to get up to YVR?

We flew in to Vancouver, the fewer moving parts to get to the desired point eg. the cruise ship the better in my opinion. We arrived 2 days early from NJ as a buffer. For the amount the cruise cost, it would suck to miss it or have to stress missing it due to some travel issues. We arrived w/a minor delay, but did some sight seeing and eating around the city and had a great time.
We just booked our flights for this summer and are doing the exact same thing. Flying in early and out of Newark because we could get a direct flight from there. Even though Newark is a little farther from our home, not having to deal with a layover with kids is 100% worth it in my opinion. Edit - we’re staying at a Sheraton, using Bonvoy points. Haven’t stayed there before so no idea if it’s nice.

We just booked our flights for this summer and are doing the exact same thing. Flying in early and out of Newark because we could get a direct flight from there. Even though Newark is a little farther from our home, not having to deal with a layover with kids is 100% worth it in my opinion. Edit - we’re staying at a Sheraton, using Bonvoy points. Haven’t stayed there before so no idea if it’s nice.
Which Sheraton? As there are several around Vancouver.

If it is in "Vancouver" for the address, that would be the Sheraton Wall Center, which is very nice. Further from the port, but not too bad.

Planning a future Alaska Cruise. What airport is best to fly into for the Alaska Cruise?
you should fly into Seattle / if you go to Vancouver you will have to go thru customs twice more and it is a real hassle / unless you just have to see Vancouver/ always go to Seattle as the port to leave from /

you should fly into Seattle / if you go to Vancouver you will have to go thru customs twice more and it is a real hassle / unless you just have to see Vancouver/ always go to Seattle as the port to leave from /
Except that Disney leaves out of Vancouver. So, if you want to do a Disney Alaskan cruise, you don't really have a choice of not going to Vancouver.

Psy

So I think we will fly to Vancouver, stay at hotel a night or 2, just in case delay in flight. On the way home, take the train to Southwest airport.

Any hotel recommendations for Vancouver?
I have stayed at the Delta on Hastings St. on Marriott points and have felt very safe/been very happy with it. Easy walk from the train from the airport (although it is uphill!) and easy walk (downhill!) to Canada Place. Close to Gastown and lots of food options nearby.

I have stayed at the Delta on Hastings St. on Marriott points and have felt very safe/been very happy with it. Easy walk from the train from the airport (although it is uphill!) and easy walk (downhill!) to Canada Place. Close to Gastown and lots of food options nearby.
All good to hear - we’re booked at the Delta prior to our cruise 🙂 it looks great to me! Especially having more space with the suites. I feel like traveling with a kid, suites are the absolute way to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter