Where to fly into for Alaska Cruise

you should fly into Seattle / if you go to Vancouver you will have to go thru customs twice more and it is a real hassle / unless you just have to see Vancouver/ always go to Seattle as the port to leave from /

Terrible advice for DCL Alaska cruisers. DCL's Alaskan cruises are Vancouver to Vancouver, it is actually a real hassle to fly into Seattle, drive/be transported 3+ hours across the border into Vancouver, and then do it all over again on the way back.

What does everyone think the earliest flight out of Vancouver is doable? Usually we take a night
one or leave following day. Not this cruise. We want to leave right after the cruise.

What does everyone think the earliest flight out of Vancouver is doable? Usually we take a night
one or leave following day. Not this cruise. We want to leave right after the cruise.
When I was planning to fly back same day, the earliest I was comfortable with was about 1pm. Maybe that’s more time than is necessary, but with factoring in time for customs, I didn’t want to risk cutting it closer than that.

We do the same, the earliest flight we would choose is about 1pm and fly from Vancouver would be the best option imo.

When I was planning to fly back same day, the earliest I was comfortable with was about 1pm. Maybe that’s more time than is necessary, but with factoring in time for customs, I didn’t want to risk cutting it closer than that.

If you are flying to the U.S., do the pre-clear passengers in Vancouver?

If you are flying to the U.S., do the pre-clear passengers in Vancouver?
Yes, that’s my understanding. Most major Canadian airports will pre-clear passengers returning to the U.S. on the Canadian side rather than once they arrive in the U.S.

If you've never been to Seattle I'd recommend going a couple days early, flying into SEA, and explore the city. The take the train from Seattle to Vancouver but I'd also recommend taking that a day earlier. When we took the train trip there were a few places that were slow zones or we had to stop for freight traffic which would have made it really tight for getting to the ship on time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter