Where to buy glow sticks/glow in dark toys to avoid buying in the park?

The best of the best place to buy glow sticks is glowgranny.com!! I recently bought 150 - 8" multi-color for a total of $15.00 including shipping. Glow granny also sells them on ebay. Shipping is super fast-i bought them on tuesday and they were at my house by friday (glow granny is located in California and i live in Pennsylvania) :thumbsup2

Dollar Tree! Our store has cannisters of them (about 20 sticks) for only a dollar. They're neat because they have connectors with them so that you can make glasses out of them.

For a 20 month old I would get the fattest ones. They have more intense colors and are much harder.

The thin ones would be dangerous, they are just too thin for any child that still puts things in their mouth.

Toys r Us has several of the off on flashing kind that have led lights that would be the safest!!

I bought a bunch at the dollar store and they got crushed in our luggage so they were useless when we got to Disneyworld. The necklace there that lights up and flashes in 4 different settings was only $5 so I thought that was not soooo bad. We brought the spinning toys from home that DD already had. So, just make sure you pack any glow necklaces so they won't crack in luggage and run out of glow. I also bought some glow necklaces on ebay for the 4th of July pretty cheap. The store on ebay was called glowgranny.

I caught DD2 chewing on one and the glowing stuff was coming out and on her mouth. The can said it wasn't toxic, but it was still scary.

We always buy them on ebay and bring enough for us to bring about 100 per night and pass them out. My DD's love to spread the pixie dust. I love the look on the faces of the adults when i ask if I can GIVE thier child a glow stick! :cool1:

I have bought mine at the dollar store, sticks & necklaces & bracelets but also from Walmart but I guess that it depends on when you go for them to be in at walmart but dollar store was the cheapest for right now.

I don't think you have one near you, but I got glow stick at the Christmas Tree Shop a couple of weeks ago. Actually they are more like glow "wands" they are a long glow stick w/a pumpkin on the end of the wand, I think they will be perfect for MNSSHP

I bought a pkg. of 2 glow bracelets at walmart for $.88. Dollar Tree also has them & sticks $1.

I wanted a String Thing... from Disney.. the neon string, flys around in a circle, with the black light. Much cooler than a glow stick. (My DH bought me one.) That entertained the kids for hours.
My son got that String Thing last year! Pretty cool. WHen we got home, he put it on the counter for the cat to watch and down it went--KERBLAM! He was so upset! When I called Disney to see if I could order another one, they sent us one for free! Gotta love that customer service!:wizard:

Marsha

I got some at the Dollar Tree for dd's bday last month and they were horrible. Several didn't light up and others only lasted an hour or two. I bought some for our last trip at Glow Granny on Ebay, those were great! Gave the extras to a friend for her Disney trip (by this time they were about 2 years old) and she said they were still good! Since we go in Jan/Feb, the parks aren't open that late, anyway, so I don't want to spend a bunch of money on glow things at the parks. Those are plenty to make my kids happy! My sons like the fat, six inch glow sticks and bring them back to play with in the tub after the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter