Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

Well go figure first full day of school today and james is home sick ☹

He was sick all weekend but is doing much better today but still has a bad couch so we kept him home today

I have to agree, I would take a hurricane over a fire. Fortunately there have been no new fires near me since I left. Just unbelievably smoky. They have an Air Quality Index that goes from 0 - 500. A clear day is like 30. Spokane hit 499 yesterday. They opened the convention center to get people off the streets. Kettle Falls is 226 right now. I feel bad for my house sitter and my animals.

View from my porch.

View attachment 525871

Spokane air port when I left.

View attachment 525872

View of the beach from my kitchen window here in NC.

View attachment 525873

This is from the MK.

It's not Wendy from Peter Pan.

ya we have not left the house in days because of the air quality up here is just as bad. all the smoke down south has made its way up here and now our air quality is 2nd worse in the world right behind Portland

I have to agree, I would take a hurricane over a fire. Fortunately there have been no new fires near me since I left. Just unbelievably smoky. They have an Air Quality Index that goes from 0 - 500. A clear day is like 30. Spokane hit 499 yesterday. They opened the convention center to get people off the streets. Kettle Falls is 226 right now. I feel bad for my house sitter and my animals.

View from my porch.

View attachment 525871

Spokane air port when I left.

View attachment 525872

View of the beach from my kitchen window here in NC.

View attachment 525873

When we're suffering from 100+ degree heat and you and Diane are enjoying 70-80 degree temps I'm REALLY jealous! BUT...I then see pictures of the smoky area and read the air quality numbers...and realize how far our Oregon friends had to drive (Boise) and STILL not get away from the smoke and I thank my lucky stars I live here in Texas. Hurricanes and tornado activity frighten me but wildfires TERRIFY me....like SNAKES. You can't "shelter in" during a wildfire...you have to RUN and I could never handle that. I remember a few years back when we were even having issues with wildfires in our part of Texas and I don't think I slept well for weeks. :faint: I couldn't do it...could never live in an area prone to wildfires; I'd take Diane's snow over that threat any day but I think I'm just going to stay in Texas since I already know how to live with the heat...and snakes! :rotfl2: Such a nice day in NC; mid to eastern Gulf Coast states are dealing with another hurricane this morning. One of those suckers like Harvey that could potentially drop a TON of rain! I'm guessing that's the beach area in the background...looks like a lifeguard tower...and looks BUSY! That's a lot of cars 😵...are they going toward the beach area or looking for a place to park. Interesting....:tink:

ya we have not left the house in days because of the air quality up here is just as bad. all the smoke down south has made its way up here and now our air quality is 2nd worse in the world right behind Portland

WOW...are you kidding!?! Unbelievable...2nd worse in the WORLD :faint:...thank goodness you went camping LAST weekend! ::yes:: We're just suffering from allergies down here 😂 ...Katie has already called Sara before 9 AM needing more allergy medicine!:tink:

Well go figure first full day of school today and james is home sick ☹

He was sick all weekend but is doing much better today but still has a bad couch so we kept him home today

:faint: That BITES! Poor little guy....may be related to the smoky air...sure hope so! I know he hated missing his first day. 😟:tink:

When we're suffering from 100+ degree heat and you and Diane are enjoying 70-80 degree temps I'm REALLY jealous! BUT...I then see pictures of the smoky area and read the air quality numbers...and realize how far our Oregon friends had to drive (Boise) and STILL not get away from the smoke and I thank my lucky stars I live here in Texas. Hurricanes and tornado activity frighten me but wildfires TERRIFY me....like SNAKES. You can't "shelter in" during a wildfire...you have to RUN and I could never handle that. I remember a few years back when we were even having issues with wildfires in our part of Texas and I don't think I slept well for weeks. :faint: I couldn't do it...could never live in an area prone to wildfires; I'd take Diane's snow over that threat any day but I think I'm just going to stay in Texas since I already know how to live with the heat...and snakes! :rotfl2: Such a nice day in NC; mid to eastern Gulf Coast states are dealing with another hurricane this morning. One of those suckers like Harvey that could potentially drop a TON of rain! I'm guessing that's the beach area in the background...looks like a lifeguard tower...and looks BUSY! That's a lot of cars 😵...are they going toward the beach area or looking for a place to park. Interesting....:tink:

I'll take my snow over the wild fires, hurricanes, tornadoes (although we have one every 12 or so years), flooding, and SNAKES.

Jeff and Denise I can't imagine trying to go outside or even drive in all that smoke. Hope James feels better soon.

I'll take my snow over the wild fires, hurricanes, tornadoes (although we have one every 12 or so years), flooding, and SNAKES.

Jeff and Denise I can't imagine trying to go outside or even drive in all that smoke. Hope James feels better soon.

thanks apparently he has been fine all day and running around like his normal self lol so he is good enough to start school tomorrow then

is this from an attraction? little mermaid ride?
Is this from an attraction, shop or food service? :tink:

This is from the Little Mermaid ride. Where and who?

Glad James is feeling better.

I would take a hurricane over fires. We never ever had a fire season up here in the 50 years I've been coming up here until 5 years ago. And we even sailed through Aug this year but now, even I want to move back east. I love my house! Love where I have live. It would be so hard to build a new social circle in a new area at my age but the wild fires are too much! I'm glad I'm in NC right now. There are too many people here and it's too hot and humid for me but at least the sky is blue and I can breathe the air.

This is from the Little Mermaid ride. Where and who?

Glad James is feeling better.

I would take a hurricane over fires. We never ever had a fire season up here in the 50 years I've been coming up here until 5 years ago. And we even sailed through Aug this year but now, even I want to move back east. I love my house! Love where I have live. It would be so hard to build a new social circle in a new area at my age but the wild fires are too much! I'm glad I'm in NC right now. There are too many people here and it's too hot and humid for me but at least the sky is blue and I can breathe the air.

I'm guessing it's Ariel? Not sure what scene.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter