Where have you purchased resale?

mommy2allyandaveri

DIS Veteran
Interested in buying resale. There are lots of companies out there but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get any feedback about any of them. I've tried posting here and on fb boards, but they are always deleted. I'm not trying to do anything sneaky or break any rules, just looking for others' experiences.

This is a huge purchase and I'm trying to do my due diligence, I don't want to be taken advantage of.

The closing time thread is a great source as they list the resales companies that are approved through the DIS. If it’s not it gets blocked by the filter but it’s a great place to start.

Dvcresalemarket.com is the official sponsor of the boards and DVC Fan. We are currently looking at them and I have enjoyed Nick's addition to the DVC Fan videos on youtube. We have used FidelityResales.com and did not like their customer service. We also used thedvcstore.com and had a great experience. I am not sure if the system will remove those two names since DVC Resale Market is the official sponsor though.

Not all of the resale companies can be discussed on these boards, even though many of us have had good experiences with some of them. If you're looking for a list of companies you can ask about, you can see some recommended businesses here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...iness-you-wish-to-mention-or-discuss.3821848/

I've used www.fidelityresales.com , www.dvcresalemarket.com , www.dvcstore.com , www.dvcbyresale.com and www.dvcmagicresales.com and have had positive experiences with all of them.

I've bought 6 resale (and 1 direct). I can honestly say the experience has been no different between any of the brokers. I think the experience can run more smoothly depending on the closing company though.

Interested in buying resale. There are lots of companies out there but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get any feedback about any of them. I've tried posting here and on fb boards, but they are always deleted. I'm not trying to do anything sneaky or break any rules, just looking for others' experiences.

This is a huge purchase and I'm trying to do my due diligence, I don't want to be taken advantage of.
We bought BCV via Fidelity. Fidelity was AWESOME. From the time we submitted our offer until we had the points in our DVC account was under 6 weeks total. Frank from Fidelity was really good and got back to us quickly when we had questions or were looking for an update. As a matter of fact, Frank was certain there were more points available than what the seller was listing so he called DVC to confirm. He was correct and there was 200 points that the seller hadn't listed, which we were able to use before the end of our UY (June). This all occurred Jan-Feb last year. The entire process was very smooth.

I know the experience can vary wildly due to seller, broker, title company, etc. We were lucky and got a seller who submitted documents in a very timely manner. Either way, our experience with Fidelity was great!

I have had to delete several posts with links to brokers which are clearly in the boards filter,

Use preview and if you see the site is blocked, please do not discuss information related to those sites. Sharing names of people associated with them is seen as a work around and warnings could be issued.

Thank you.

I have had to delete several posts with links to brokers which are clearly in the boards filter,

Use preview and if you see the site is blocked, please do not discuss information related to those sites. Sharing names of people associated with them is seen as a work around and warnings could be issued.

Thank you.

Why is that? I would like to better understand this reasoning so I don't break any rules. Is there a problem with the positive experience I had, or is it because DIS boards has not had any experience with them or, are they not a sponsor and thats why? Seems like a form of censorship.

Last edited:

Thank you.
Sorry! Didn't realize that is what the preview button is for- thank you!

Last June we used Dvcresalemarket.com before they became a sponsor. We liked the mobile app they have and we checked it for several weeks before we found the contract we wanted. Obviously it was during the pandemic and the process was quick on their part but not ROFR. After about 85 days from the start we received our points in member services and had no issues. We only talked to them through email and they were quick to respond through the process. If you go back and watch The DVC shows for 2020 on YouTube you will learn of the past sponsor and find they are helpful and friendly too.

Why is that? I would like to better understand this reasoning so I don't break any rules. Is there a problem with the positive experience I had, or is it because DIS boards has not had any experience with them or, are they not a sponsor and thats why? Seems like a form of censorship.

There could be several reasons a site has been out in the boards filter and it does not have to do with being a sponsor or not.

Several businesses can be discussed, Any business that has been filtered is a decision of those who run the site..

So, we simply ask that people post a link and if it is site that is filtered, discussions can’t happen. Using preview ahead of time allows you to know if it will show up that way. If not, and it posts, the ****, will show up.

Sites will get added from time to time so even if one is positive it should be fine, checking is a good thing. I learned recently about a site this way and had to edit my post.

Hope this helps!

Sorry! Didn't realize that is what the preview button is for- thank you!

No worries! I discovered it not that long ago myself when I posted something that got blocked and now I make sure I do it all the time, because I dont remember all the ones that may not be okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter