Where do you think DVC resale prices are headed?

I wouldn't say its exactly easy to get poly at $120ish. Especially with your use year you want.
Surprisingly, a broker I've worked with before that I spoke to last week (I put in an offer but it had just sold) has a couple in the $130's that he thought I might be able to get in the $120's- in my UY. I haven't been looking at Poly, but just thinkin...

Is this the company that OP had an issue with the seller hiding the fact that they had a covid19 cancellation and then secretly booked a new reservation? The poster had to fight and go up to the VP of the company to finally get out of the contract? Yikes, nothing is worth that mess!
No idea. I just clicked on the link provided by deedubb and perused a few of the listings, but I don’t know any background about the company.

Not to mention the Saratoga contract at $227.27/point.

Yeah, that's ridiculous, but they also have a SSR 200 point contract for $15,495 or $77 a point-no use year mentioned that I see.

Will someone buy that and report back so we will know if this website is legit?? :rotfl:

Edited to add--Ugh, just checked out their BBB report--doesn't sound legit at all.

Last edited:
No idea. I just clicked on the link provided by deedubb and perused a few of the listings, but I don’t know any background about the company.
I clicked on it and started looking when "Emma" popped up and wanted to chat...bye bye. BBB reviews speak for themselves - thanks for posting CASTaSTONE. It's that patience skill we just haven't perfected yet folks!

I think I've mentioned this before...my suspicion is that there are super DVC owners out there who are dumping loads of contracts all at the same time. Notice how most of the contracts are surgically stripped? It's nearly impossible to get down to 0 and then the following year a full allotment. In some cases there is contract after contract after contract, different UY but same MO - just weird!

I agree with you. You did mention this earlier, and I think that explains prices not decreasing much and offers being declined/even countered higher sometimes. The last few weeks have cleared out many of the regular individual sellers, and it is a super DVC/ brokers' world now.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's ridiculous, but they also have a SSR 200 point contract for $15,495 or $77 a point-no use year mentioned that I see.

Will someone buy that and report back so we will know if this website is legit?? :rotfl:

Edited to add--Ugh, just checked out their BBB report--doesn't sound legit at all.

And the BWV 150 points for $12k ($80pp) is listed as: Floating, Annual and...? Unit 31A

Is that the maintenance closet? 🤣

This is the site that I was curious about a couple of weeks ago. I inquired further and found out that "You also would have the option to work with the owners directly on the sale or use the brokerage here to facilitate, prepare paperwork, verify info and coordinate with the closing company, seller and resort. To use the brokerage would entail an additional $750 charge to the total purchase amount." It just seemed a little iffy for me and my first resale purchase, plus in my heart I never felt truly excited about Saratoga, which was the contract I was looking at through them. I ended up going through the sponsors of the Dis boards and getting what I actually wanted deep down: BLT.

5/18 update

number of newly posted resale contracts at about 90% of average

I think I've mentioned this before...my suspicion is that there are super DVC owners out there who are dumping loads of contracts all at the same time. Notice how most of the contracts are surgically stripped? It's nearly impossible to get down to 0 and then the following year a full allotment.

It's really easy to strip a contract, you buy one time use points. It's even easier if you have multiple contracts. That was standard long before Corona, both of my resales were like that.

I think I've mentioned this before...my suspicion is that there are super DVC owners out there who are dumping loads of contracts all at the same time. Notice how most of the contracts are surgically stripped? It's nearly impossible to get down to 0 and then the following year a full allotment. In some cases there is contract after contract after contract, different UY but same MO - just weird!

Can you explain to me what is the advantage to these sellers to strip contracts? I’m just trying to understand.

Is this the company that OP had an issue with the seller hiding the fact that they had a covid19 cancellation and then secretly booked a new reservation? The poster had to fight and go up to the VP of the company to finally get out of the contract? Yikes, nothing is worth that mess!

I was thinking the same thing, and I believe it’s this outfit as well. To be fair - I haven’t gone to track down that thread and verify.

Can you explain to me what is the advantage to these sellers to strip contracts? I’m just trying to understand.

A stripped contract just means that they have used the points, either for a vacation for themselves, or rented them out to make some cash. However, stripped contracts usually sell for less than loaded contracts, so in the end, it's all a wash.

A stripped contract just means that they have used the points, either for a vacation for themselves, or rented them out to make some cash. However, stripped contracts usually sell for less than loaded contracts, so in the end, it's all a wash.

I know what a stripped contract is, I just thought that poster may have inferred that there is some advantage for the seller to have stripped the contract.

I know what a stripped contract is, I just thought that poster may have inferred that there is some advantage for the seller to have stripped the contract.
I think you can generally rent out the points for more than what you lose on the premium people pay for contracts with points, particularly if you rent out next years points and then make the purchaser pay the MFs on them, which seems to be mostly how it's done.

facebook twitter